1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Official] Texans @ Bears

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Chargers -7

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Shiiiii....

Fulgore likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I hope by the end of the season even with all "these close losses", the ownership fires louvie and draft a new qb.

Gotta find a franchise qb fast, as the seasons go by it looks more and more likely we r becoming the next brown/lions team.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Elevated from the practice squad before the game, Akins continued to show that Davis Mills and Pep Hamilton are experts at making secondary tight ends a major part of the game plan.

-Rotoworld

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

i swear after Owen Daniels was gone its like Texans forgot how to utilize a tight end properly

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Lovie is not getting fired this season.

7. conquistador#11

If Cal has done anything good in his life, other than marrying Hannah, He needs to pull a Mcnair senior and demand a franchise qb. No pressure, Nick.

But not all is gloom and doom.
    1st overall pick plus Browns pick
    Pierce needs to go around campus holding the ball even Halle Barry should take swipes at it. Special talent at rb.
    Pitre is who Hamilton thought he was.
    Stingley is our best tackler and coming along nicely.
    Green has been outstanding. Did he come back in after getting injured? I kept flipping back in the 4th to the Colts v Chiefs and Dolphins game.
    Rockets game week starting tomorrow!!!

The uglay:
    The tackling. It shouldn't be this terrible. Maybe trying to force turnovers with the peanut punches is messing with their heads but then they were this bad in 2020.

Mills isn't making anyone better around him.

Burkhead: Like with David Johnson you can get his production with a younger back.

The 2021 QB Class: I wasn't a Fields guy but I thought he would do well for himself. I did think Lawrence, Lance and Cougar tamer would be doing special things by now.

#347 conquistador#11, Sep 25, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    ROCKSS likes this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Makes sense to do so if you're drafting a QB early.. Unless it's some safe ass game managing type

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Sad part is they're not tanking.. They just losing ..

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Are the Jags legit ? Lawrence looking like the #1 pick now.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No, it doesn't.

12. Qan

Qan Member

Why? I think there's a high chance he will get fire if Caserio plans to draft a QB high...I would think it's beneficial that the new coach should have some input. Lovie is nothing but a stopgap coach to be let go easily.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but they are not getting blown out. Which is what I want.

I want it to be OBVIOUS who the problem is....Davis Mills. I don't have anything against Mills personally, I just want a franchise QB.

I think they need a QB, a Playmaker; WR or RB, and all the DL they can find out of this draft

javal_lon likes this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Optics. First 2 black coaches in a row...after 1 year? The Texans have an improving reputation. They are not going to undo that by not giving Lovie a Chance to win. This team has shown improvement. EVERYONE knows the QB is holding back real progress.

red5rocket and hlmbasketball like this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

He shouldn't but I am some what disappointed in Pep. However, I do think if Mills was more effective their record could be 3-0 right now and Pep wouldn't be looked down upon

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

IMO, I think the Texans can gives zero f***s about optics... and I wouldn't either if I'm them... Lovie wasn't even a top candidate so everyone, within reason. knows this was a bandaid, last resort hire.. Why bring in a new QB that may be dynamic with this safe ass coaching?... Hell why not get a coach and slide him back to DC? What's a lil criticism gonna do to this team? A lil ESPN coverage about the clown **** for a day or 2 and thats about it...If it works out soon thereafter, all is forgiven... If anything it makes Lovie look dumb but he already does by taking the job in the 1st place.. All was forgiven once training camp started though..

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Tommy Boy is paying 3 HC’s right now. OB, Culley, and Lovie. I think lovie gets atleast 1 more year.

gatsby, whag00 and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

What else is new. Nothing changes unless and until ownership changes.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The bad...

I'm so sick of barely losing. We blow our leads and it's so frustrating.

Mills isn't improving. I'll be the first to admit I hoped he would be better with more time than he has been. I'm about ready to throw in our backups at this point.

I miss Hopkins. I even miss injury prone Fuller. We need a better QB. Mills waits too late at times to throw, and his accuracy isn't consistent. It's not like we have Hopkins to leap up and snag a bad throw with one hand. We need better offensive play calling. Third and 18 with a little pass to Burkhead is as stupid as it gets. Ugh!

Pierce needs to hold that ball with both hands. It could have been much worse if we hadn't recovered both those fumbles.

We need a better rush defense. They got steamrolled. That's on our coach and players. Pathetic.

The good...

Pitre is a stud! He was my player of the game. Too bad we don't have more guys like him.

At least we didn't have a ton of stupid penalties this week.

It could have been worse if Justin Fields had played better than Mills. Man, Fields was awful.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Let's go Texans!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!