1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Steve Francis traded to New York

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JusBleezy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

These guys cannot co-exist. They both need the rock.
    Bad chemistry in the making.

2. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Depends on what happens this offseason. What if they snap up Al Harrington, and throw in Jason Terry for good measure?

(personally I hope Houston snags Terry, but Orlando is seriously primed for the offseason right now).

3. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

At first I thought this trade was terrible for the Knicks for the obvious reasons already stated...

But Francis/Marbury are two very talented players that have a whole lot to prove I'm sure they know about the criticism that they recieve from the media/fans.

Detroit put together a team full of talented players that nobody wanted and its worked out perfect for them.

I'm not saying the Knicks are becoming the pistons but its an interesting philosophy for a franchise that has gone no where they might as well try something like this. It really can't get any worse up there in NYC.

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I wonder what that a$$ clown writer from Florida Today thinks about the TMac trade now?

:D :D :D :D

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

phew, the knicks were getting dangerously close to letting a huge contract just expire. but they managed to avoid that and add 3 yrs and $50M to the payroll in the process. excellent work.

as far as the rockets and expiring contracts. we were primed to have about $20M in expiring contracts and we basically blew it all. on the other hand, i don't think there was ever much chance they would've been used as it would have increased future payroll too much (unless it was a minor deal). so i guess us throwing them all away doesn't bug me that much.

dude, this is orlando we're talking about. since when do they end up doing things right or have things go their way?

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Get off Orlando guys, they did the right thing and rid their franchise from a massive contract player that wasn't going to carry them or improve them in any substantial way. They do realize that the best way is to build around Howard and surround him with good role players. I think Orlando is doing the right thing and got the better of this trade, because they're looking to dump salaries to prepare themselves for the future.

The Knicks, on the other hand, will be an interesting experiment. It might work out and send them to the playoffs, or it might backfire in more ways than one, but regardless, it will be fun to watch no matter what happens. :D

7. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

hahaha cap relief. You thinkg isiah cares about cap relief? :D :D :D

8. a-rock

a-rock Member

you´ll find this on magic.com

"The Orlando Magic have acquired forward Trevor Ariza and the expiring contract of guard Anfernee Hardaway..."

guess penny won´t get a lot of playing time....

9. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Yep! Isiah thinks he's George Steinbrenner trying to buy a Championship, but the move can't hurt how can they do worse then they already have 15-37?

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Shaq
    Hardaway
    Tmac
    Sf

History is not on there side

Rocket River

11. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Poor Magic fans. Just think about what they had to go through in the past decade.

Not too long ago, they were on the brink of a dynasty with Shaq and Penny. And then some team from Texas came along...

...but the future still looked gleaming bright.

Then they lose Shaq.

Then, a few years later, they are poised to assemble a dream-team roster of Tim Duncan and Grant Hill.

Duncan gets cold feet, pulls out, and they get (an apparrent second-fiddle at the time) T-Mac to join Hill instead.

T-Mac blows up, but so does Hill's ankle. Again. And again. And again.

They trade their superstar (T-Mac) for an All-Star (Francis.)

Francis doesn't make the All-Star team.

They lose Francis. They get nothing.

I mean, Good God, man! That's one bleak story. I don't know why there isn't more talk of the doomed Magic franchise.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow man so everyone we traded to get t-mac is no longer there. i must say though the magic are going to be bad in the short run but they have given themselves a shot for the future. especially if darko is actually the player he was projected to be, i dont think he has gotten a fair chance to be judged as a bust just yet.

francis and marbury i am not sure how that is going to work out. i mean someone is going to have to come off the bench here unless more people are traded i just dont know who is, but i know larry brown is going to have some sleepness nights.

marbury/francis/qrich/rose/crawford ----all guards who are accostomed to starting and probably will not want to come off the bench....whats to become of nate robinson now?

for ny's sake they better do another trade to free up some of the huge huge clog at the guards spot.

13. Bookit

Bookit Member

Steve will get barbequed by New York media once he is exposed.

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Well at least I'll have someone on the Knicks who I like watching...when he's not dribbbbbbblllllliiiiiing.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Strange thing
    Steve Maybe their best Player Now

Rocket River
    I know Starbury won't admit it

16. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

And this guy used to be called Franchise around here. Look at the fan attitude now!

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

for what, making the knicks a bad team?

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

so, is the NBA going to let the Knickerbockers play with 2 balls?
    [insert joke here]
    seriously? they now have 2 shoot-first point guards/2 undersized shooting guards?

wow.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I bet Marbury is on the move; surely they are not going to play those two together. They are clones, although Marbury always seems to get the best of Steve in most head to heads. Didn't Marbury say once that he was the "real" All Star?

20. chaosad

chaosad Contributing Member

my prediction: isiah thomas will be fired or will step down as knicks pres. by march...
    looks like NYK will be contending for the championships afterall, i mean they got the best point gaurd in the nba(marbury) and the franchise(steve-o)
    hehehe yeah right :)
    i dont know what is going thru i. thomas' head... :confused: