1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Steve Francis returning to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Jul 19, 2007.

1. papsi2010

papsi2010 Member

the best rockets ever.

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

You have got to be kidding.

3. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

if we were to win the title, maybe.

this team has a lot of talent, but not nearly the chemistry or clutchness of the title teams, and this team hasn't even taken the floor yet.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

SPASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this Wizard of Oz!

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I still can't believe it. HE'S BACK! STEVIE IS BACK!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D :D :D

I haven't been this excited about the Rockets in a long time. Can't wait till next season.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Woah !!

Hakeem
    Barkley
    Drexler

That was a good team....at least prior to the season....and the two championship teams......

This team is loaded, but let's not jump to conclusions......maybe if Adelman turns into the 2nd coming of Rudy T, then we have something !!

DD

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

where'd you come from? that was an excellent post. right now i'm torn on what to do with rafer but i think it's necessary we move either him or luther head. i wouldn't expect any playing time at all left for snyder. actually i think we trade head regardless of what happens with rafer. his shooting is valuable but james can shoot nearly as well while doing everything else significantly better.

james/alston
    mcgrady/francis
    battier/wells

too bad that brooks is still an unknown. he has a natural ball-handling/passing ability that could replace alston. his shooting by all accounts is far superior as well. do we gamble on him going into the year, or do we expand brooks minutes in the pre-season and see if he's up to the task as rafer's replacement, not as a starter but as a passer? at the same time neither sura nor james are as pure a pg as rafer yet excelled 2 years ago. tracy somewhat eliminates the necessity for a pure point and i think there's a lot to the argument that the offense struggled so much without rafer because head was the back-up. if adelman thinks he can get his offense run without rafer then i have to trust him. it appears he loves brooks, too.

morey has succeeded in stock-piling talent but his most impressive feat will probably have to be in filing it down. what pieces are worth the most here.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now all we need to do is get Mobley and Cato back, and we'll have a complete Weisbrod.

9. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Man i really want to keep alston too...he truely is the most natural point our of MJ SF so why would we want to trade him away? If brooks can contribute at this point of his career then im all for trading alston but right now i really hope stevie plays back up 2 and we keep rafer..

MJ/RAFER/BROOKS
    T-MAC/FRANCIS/WELLS
    BATTIER/WELLS/SNYDER

10. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

Oh man, Francis is back? I knew it was a possibility but I never thought Morey would actually get him to come back. This is just flat out crazy.

We have loads of talent now, but I'm still going to be cautiously optimistic. I hope Steve Francis can accept that he's not going to be option 1 or 2 on this team. I think he'll be fine though, he knows T-mac and Yao are the superstars on this team. Adelman had better manage this team right! It's cool not to have a gaping hole in a position though, like a breath of fresh air. AAAH

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

What I tried to say earlier in an uncontrollable fit of happiness:

HOLY HELL YES OMG OMG OMG I AM SO ****ING HAPPY RIGHT NOW I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE WORDS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST OFFSEASON EVER I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT THIS MAY BUT THERE REALLY IS A GOD AFTERALL THANK YOU GOD I LOVE YOU OMG OMG OMG I'M SO HAPPY

AND BYE BYE RAFER AND LUCAS ROFFLE ROFFLE ROFFLE GTFO AND DON'T LOOK BACK, ASSTARDS

Seriously... I'm so happy.

12. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

anyone know of an open press conference for steve?

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Welcome back Franchise.

The Rockets just got a heart transplant. He may drive us crazy with the dribble, but he will be indespensible when the Rockets need some guts.

15. blender

blender Member

Frankly I'm more concerned about Francis than Wells or James. It's easier to come back from being disgruntled and out of shape (Wells) or just plain disgruntled (James). A knee injury on the other hand could be a lot trickier, especially for a player like Francis who relies on his athleticism.

But I'm sure the Rockets did their homework, and decided it's a risk worth taking.

16. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

I just want to say "welcome back, STEVIE!!!"

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You clearly didn't see Stevie's last few games with the Knicks... which was basically his open audition for every other team in the league.

Dude's got all kindsa game left. And he now has the motivation.

18. DANgerous

DANgerous Member

i dont post much, but i'll post to say this: as a lifelong fan of the rockets, i'm ecstatic to see francis back in a rockets uniform.

19. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I don't see Head as expendable yet, unless we get another perimeter shooter in return.

Will be interesting to see how Adelman will work with these pieces, but he may very well be the best coach there is for this assortment of talent.

20. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I think that has a little more to do w/ the GM than the coach.