1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Steve Francis returning to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Jul 19, 2007.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

WTFFFFFFFF????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I just get on my computer and I find out FRANCIS signed with ROX?????

OMG I can't believe this........ I thought he was going with Cuttino.. WTF??????????! Man.. This year is gonna be awesome..

*going to buy nba live 08 fo shizzle*

2. Astockmarketgod

SF I hd a feeling he wanted back in

I saw a video of both SF and Yao talking just before a game last year... was giving the big guy look that Tmac gave Yao the yer before he demanded a trade to the Rox...

same look i saw Tayshaun Prince give Yao last year too... lets get that done too

3. today

today Member

LOL, very nice IROC =)

4. playlife

playlife Member

fixed

5. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Member

Somewhere Van Gundy is screaming....
    [​IMG]
    NO!!!!

(is a photoshop the joy thread in order???)

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

that's completely false. Francis isnt a good slasher and his penetration is overrated. he doesnt have an explosive first step like Bobby. Francis relies on crossing someone over (which usually takes 6 dribbles) and then getting past them. while it does work, it completely kills any offensive flow and rhythm. bobby was also a much better spot up shooter. id much rather have the sac- town Bobby Jackson than Francis.

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Brooks sitting and learning everything might be the best thing for him.

Did you all know Derron Williams hardly played at all his rookie year? Then in his second year last year in the playoffs he turned into an allstar caliber player seemingly overnight.

8. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Something told me to keep mine, and I still have it, Nice! I need a Scola Jersey though!...this is waaaay better than last summer. F JVG. F Him.

9. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

While I'm not as hyped as most people are, this is a low-risk/high-reward type of deal. And come to think of it (if Head is most likely traded):

James/Francis/Alston/Brooks>>>>>>>>>Alston/Head/JLIII/V-Span

I'm actually more amazed at how much we improved the team without giving up our more valuable assets. Artest anyone? ;)

10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan

Mystery man?? So are we getting The Shoveler, The Blue Raja, or Mr. Furious?

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Member

Frigging Morey is the best thing that has happened to this franchise since the glory years. We thought the back court was crowded before, someone has to go for sure and I wouldn't bet that Morey the Magician doesn't turn the players he trades into Dwayne Wade or Elton Brand.

12. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Good move, certainly for the small amount we are paying relatively and the short term contract combined with giving up nothing trade wise. I would say I would personally prefer Rafer to Francis though unlike many of the posters here. They fill different roles and Rafer is much better at distributing and keeping the turn overs low despite his scoring short comings. Ideally we can keep rafer, james and francis.

Rafer played 37 mins a game last year and 44 mins a game in the play offs. His career avg has been 27 minutes and I would expect his play time to go back to that. Reduced play time plus JL III and perhaps some of Head's play time should be enough to split between the three of them. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Rafer or Head is dealt, but I'm not sure Francis replaceing either is an upgrade considering James fills the same role.

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Brooks learning from Francis would be the worst thing imageinable.

14. Yetti

Yetti Member

Remember it was Yetti who named him the WIZARD. :p

15. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

Welcome Home, Stevie. Now my username don't look half bad with u back as a rocket again. Keep it Morey, I'm already forgetting what CD ever did, if Morey can land Olajuwon as an assistant coach then Morey will never hear nothing negative from me ever. Rockets in 08- Greatest show on wood.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

I can't believe it...For the money, you can't do better, IMHO...I expect a more mature, controlled francis...Great for those who have Francis jerseys...

17. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Come on guys, the Cuttino joke is really running old :(

18. username1

username1 Member

My vote is for Mr. Furious :mad:

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The Morey era begins...

Considering a week and a half ago we had no idea if we were going to have a power foward, and now we're talking about chemistry issues due to a glut of talent we now have...all I can say is I'm much happier with this problem.

Bring back Mobley and Moochie!!

20. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Maybe they had a fight. Wanst there some dude on the Clippers living with Cuttino earlier this year? :D