1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

anyone looking for a deep deep sleeper (with roster space) should look at Paul Richardson. He's been impressive in practices from what I heard and probably a reason why Seattle felt that they could deal away Harvin. He's the same type of player. A small speedster who they can use in the same manner to open up the field.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I see this said a few times and I don't get it entirely. Paul Richardson is a great player and I'm looking forward to him playing, but he was touted as a deep threat wasnt he? It's gonna be more of the same Harvin anguish if Richardson is just given screens and jet sweeps.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What's worse besides this week's zero is another one when the Jets get their bye. What's possibly good is a bigger role for Harvin. Or maybe Rex treats him like another Brad Smith.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Do you guys like Hoyer this week against Jax?

Like him over stafford?

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

nope, not over stafford, and I think cleveland is more a run team unless they have to pass it a lot because they are down (like happened vs Titans).

start stafford.

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Odell Beckham, Reuben Randle, Brian Quick or Trent Richardson for my flex spot? I'm leaning Reuben right now.

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Should I sell high on TY Hilton?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Cordarrelle Patterson or Devin Hester in a PPR league that counts return yardage

9. King of 40 Acres

man I dropped Patterson to pick up someone this week. there's no other options out in the waiver wire?

Andre Johnson, Jordan Reed, Ronnie Hillman, Branden Oliver, Frank Gore or Terrance Williams at the flex this weekend?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately not really, I'm in a pretty deep league every one of those guys are on teams already. My WR corps is a bit thin due to some being on a bye and some being inactive due to injury. My only other option on my team is Greg Jennings or taking a flier on Eddie Royal, but neither of those are really good options either.

11. King of 40 Acres

oh ok no I was asking about my team on the last part of my post. I guess I'd probably roll with Hester since you get return yards too.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, what kind of league? Standard or PPR? If PPR then it might be worth giving Andre Johnson a shot, if standard then I'd probably go with Branden Oliver

13. King of 40 Acres

.5 PPR Id roll with andre but hate to have him sit out or something crazy happen on Monday night leaning on oliver since he's been out of his mind these last two games.

14. Xercules

Xercules Member

Flacco or Stafford? Leaning Flacco because Stafford has struggled without Megatron.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well with only .5 PPR, I'd go with Oliver as well, Andre Johnson can't be counted on to score, and like you said, Oliver has been on a tear.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Flacco for sure, Atlanta's defense is basically non-existent. They made Jerick McKinnon, Matt Asiata, and Teddy Bridgewater look like all world talents a few weeks ago, I'd play pretty much anyone on Baltimore's offense. If you have Justin Forsett play him too.

17. Xercules

Xercules Member

Thanks.

18. Xercules

Xercules Member

Gonna go with Torrey Smith over Golden Tate as well, unless anyone has any objections.

19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Depends on your situation but generally I say No especially if you're in a ppr league.

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Well I feel I'm solid all around. Rivers, Eli and Dalton at QB in a 2 QB league is my weakest position. I have Nelson, Megatron, Wallace and Boldin as my other WR. 12 team non ppr btw. I'm open to everything at all times and I'm not sure if TY keeps up the pace. He's in a pass heavy offense though.