1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. 713

713 Member

2/5 That's a bad trade for you.

I wouldn't even do that trade if there were no issues with Adrian Peterson now. Heres why: Vjax in in a terrible offense and the definition of Inconsistent. Greg olsen is good tight end but your giving up a STUD in Jimmy who puts up WR1 numbers and gives you an advantage against your opponent's TE every week. Sjax is done and you can find better option on waivers right now. Knile Davis, Donald Brown, Bobby Rainey.

Joique Bell is the running back to have in Detroit (Top 15) and Sanders will put up better numbers then Vjax because of Peyton.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i wouldn't. emmanuel sanders plays better when welker is distracting defenses and he's going to be back. also graham is too beast.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

not really a what if but a talking point

my friends just traded

calvin johnson
    ryan matthews
    lamar miller

for

moreno
    laveon bell
    kendall wright

everyone else laughed at my friend who traded away johnson, now even more so since moreno got hurt.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am up 39 but opponent has Foles and Wayne going - i am not sure if that is safe enough (freakin Charles!)

worst thing is whoever loses against me or my opponent is going to have the second highest scoring week in the league and will still lose.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mean i dont really think it was a bad call on my part, if you take away that last drive when the Texans weren't even trying then he wouldn't have gotten the TD and wouldn't have had a good game... 12 carries for 37 yards isn't good and you can't count on him getting TDs

6. ketchupNmustard

Cordarrelle Patterson for Z. Stacy?

I'm in desperate need of RBs, for example I was lucky to get points from picking up McFadden of the waiver, but lost the game pretty much to Get hart scoring 0 for me this week.

7. 713

713 Member

No I wouldn't. Cordarrelle is in for a huge year. Unless you can get Monta Ball or Andre Ellington for Cordarrelle, dont do it.

Try to use your waivers instead.

Knile Davis, Donald Brown, Khiry Robinson. All three will be solid fill-ins for next month and keep an eye out on Bobby Rainey/Doug Martin situation.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

LOL

It was a bad call on your part. Everyone makes bad calls....just own up to it and move on.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It depends on your outlook for the Adrian Peterson situation. If you think he'll miss a lot of games, trade Patterson.

Personally, I'd make that trade.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

How so? he didn't play great, he just got lucky on the TD... If your picking fantasy players just on the chance that they score you aren't going to be very successful... The only time he was success was when there was a hold or when the Texans weren't trying.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dropping Bishop Sankey. Have a choice of these 3....

Bobby Rainey
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Khiry Robinson

Currently have Bell and Vereen as my starters with no flex position available. Wanted Knile Davis but got caught this morning in a meeting. I also have Bernard Pierce on my bench.

Basically pick one guy from above.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

How was it a bad call? Seriously? You advised against McFadden and said

He ended up getting 12.80 fpts. You advised against him, and he delivered. That's why it was a bad call.

I don't pick fantasy players on the chance they score. I pick them based on their projected workload. If they get a lot of carries, they're more likely to score. With MJD out, McFadden became the primary option.

You can make all the excuses you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he got the TD. You made the wrong call.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'd go with Ahmad Bradshaw. I'm not convinced Rainey will supplant Doug Martin, and I think Robinson's projected increase in usage is overstated. I think Pierre Thomas benefits the most from Ingram's injury.

1 person likes this.
  14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm absolutely certain Bobby Rainey will supplant Doug Martin.

Doug Martin got famous because of 1 game against a ****head Raiders D. He's been trash ever since.

15. AB423

AB423 Member

FML, I have Charles and I dropped Niles Davis earlier in the week!!!

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh, I don't disagree that he's done nothing sense.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And likewise, Rainey had one great game last year against a weak Atlanta D. He's had plenty of stinkers since then.

This Thursday's game should answer a lot of questions. Lovie Smith said that Martin could've played against the Rams, but was held out b/c they have a short week. To me, that means Martin should get a heavy workload against the Falcons. I've been trying to buy-low on Martin in all my leagues.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm buying Rainey wherever I can. He runs much harder than Martin.