1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. thething

thething Contributing Member

I dropped Dwyer to pick up Gordon. I figured the news would come out before the season starts. I'm probably going to regret that decision, but I had no one else that I could cut except maybe Justin Hunter.

I just think of Gordon as the ultimate lottery ticket. It's not likely to pay off, but if it does, it could pay off big time. I just don't want to be the one who doesn't end up with Gordon if he comes back.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Gordon is not coming back, he is suspended for the year and he has already let his appeal

3. thething

True, but read the news--NFLPA is trying to reverse the suspensions and negotiate higher levels for testing positive.

4. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

If this new deal gets done between the NFL and NFLPA, which could be agreed upon Sunday, I guarantee you Gordon will be back this season.

It's worth the risk at this point, especially considering I dropped a 5th WR who wouldn't play anyway to stash Gordon.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I doubt that it would effect any existing suspensions, just future ones... there is no way that Josh Gordon gets to play this year.

I had Gordon last year and he was worth holding onto the first 4 weeks but there has to be someone out there that is more valuable than i guy that won't play

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You should read the news....

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I dropped Gordon to pick up Dwyer. We should know the extent of the Ellington injury by tomorrow. At that point, I can either drop Dwyer and pick up Gordon again or try to package Dwyer in a trade to improve my roster.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

what is their case? these punishments are collectively bargained... what has happened over the past ten years that would lead you to believe the NFL is going to make its drug policy more lenient?

This story is just the NFLPA trying to put on an act for the players

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

MJD, Stevan Ridley, or Pierre Thomas at my flex?

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

tough one here, i think its a toss up and you will probably be disappointed by any of them...

Im looking on ESPN.com and does anybody else think its weird that Jonathan Grimes is owned in twice as many leagues as Alfred Blue when Blue is the back up and Grimes is third string?

I would suggest everyone go out and get Alfred Blur right now, he is valuable in like 98% of leagues and he is going to be a player this year.

11. what

what Member

Obviously it is pierre thomas. And I am not sure why anybody believes that Thomas ISN'T a rb1 at this point. Thomas has proven over the years to be the best back in NO, and now he is getting to be the featured back in a wider range of plays.

Of course, MJD can suprise you but to me he isn't on the same level as thomas is at this point. Ridley is terrible and he fumbles and every week he is in the beleck's doghouse, why is he even an option on this list. Right now Ridley is nothing more than a deep sleeping pick in fantasy. He has never done anything but disappoint fantasy owners.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Ok, I have a tough one. Torrey Smith just got dropped in my league and I would like to pick him up since he is a proven talent. I have Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins. I like having the high upside rookies but I would probably have to drop one of them to get Torrey Smith.

I have 6th waiver so I may not even get him but if I do I want to make sure I drop the right guy. Would you do this waiver? If so, who would you drop to get Torrey Smith. I also have Darren Sproles but he is my only Bench RB who I am interested in seeing how Philly uses him.

I have considered dropping Welker as I can get more use out of Smith instead of Welker at this point and still have 2 lottery tickets on my team in hopes that one or both produce. I am actually inclined to keep Benjamin since he will be Cam's top WR target and redzone. He has progressed well so far but I worry teams will key on him and be able to shut him down. I like Carolina's offense a little better than Buffalo but neither will throw the ball a bunch.

Benjamin: red zone target, lots of targets/lack of other WR options, improving Cam at QB, lacks top end speed but getting separation in preseason, better weather
    Watkins: top end speed/separation, other WR options, run first pass second, bad QB play, banged up most of the preseason

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

PPR league, need to choose between:

P. Thomas @ATL
    R. Wayne @Den
    B. Pierce v. Cin

I think I would play Pierce for sure if he were the 3rd down back.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Gotta choose between Cincinnati D and Washington D. Thoughts?

15. thething

I would drop Watkins. His upside is limited because of his QB and a run-first offense. Whoever dropped Torrey Smith was drunk. I doubt you will get him.

16. jae713

jae713 Member

Newton vs Palmer.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Ppr league need to pick one

RB2) Zac Stacy or Bernard Pierce

TE) Reed or ertz

Flex) Floyd (Arizona), Reed or ertz

18. TheFreak

I have both in a ppr and didn't really consider this a decision, rolling with Stacy. Forsett is the 3rd down back for Baltimore I believe which is important in ppr.

19. TheFreak

I have both, guess I'm going with Palmer although can't recall how good SD's defense is. Lots of people seem to think CP will have a good year.

1 person likes this.
  20. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Stacy
    Ertz
    Floyd

And this wasn't really a tough decision at all.