1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dallas and Philly are neck and neck in pathetic pass D.

I think all the St. Louis receivers will have a field day against Dallas, on top of that I predict they will be in a shoot out.

Plus you have Bradford vs. Smith at the QB position I'd take my chances on the superior QB getting my receiver the ball, consistently.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Flowers is questionable for tomorrow's game due to a knee injury after getting raped by Dez Bryant.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The o-line got a bad rap last year because it was in shambles due to injury. Peters is an All-Pro, Mathis is one of the more underrated guards in the league, as is Herremans, Kelce is serviceable as a center and Johnson has been doing good as well.

That being said, Reid knows firsthand what type of defensive formations give Vick problems and could use that to his advantage.

4. Lil Pun

I'd go Austin out of that group.

5. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Thanks Lil Pun, but I need to start two....sorry for the newbie way I posted it, it's only my second time playing FF and I didn't play last year.

6. Lil Pun

I'd say Bennett although others may disagree.

7. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Thanks for the feedback. That was my thinking too. I don't like the other player match-ups.

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Which would you rather have in a standard scoring league? Alfred Morris or Matt Forte

9. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Forte. 252 yards from scrimmage so far, against tougher matchups than Morris has seen. Bears offense is just solid value this year.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wow. Trent Richardson in Indy changes my lineup projections a ton!

How stupid are the Browns?

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I need a better WR on my team. Worth me trading Lamar Miller for Randall Cobb Straight up?

He also has Megatron if I can give him enough he might part with. Thoughts?

Here is my roster.

QB - Manning
    RB-Spiller
    RB-McFadden
    WR-Torrey Smith
    WR-Antonio Brown
    TE-Jimmy Graham
    Flex-Lamar Miller

bench

Hilton
    Lance Moore
    Bennett
    Hopkins
    Dalton
    Knowshon
    McGahee

12. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I don't think it's such a bad move on their part. It's a new front office that can afford to lose this year. His value would be lower by the end of the season thanks to a bad O-Line. Getting a first rounder for him is give the staff a chance to pick up 2 first rounders of their choice, and start over on the rookie contracts.

Honestly, I don't think Richardson is worth a 1st rounder. I'd rather have the pick to invest in a line that can make average backs look good.

13. RedNation

I'd make this trade right now, before the other owner changes his mind

14. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I'd make that trade for sure. Moreno is a decent backup in case of a McFadden injury, so losing Miller doesn't hurt as bad. Cobb & Smith starting, and I'd actually start Bennett over Brown if TE is an option for your leagues FLEX.

15. Stack24

Thanks guys. He said he would be willing to trade Megatron if I thrown in a WR in the mix with Lamar Miller. Would it be better just to keep everyone else and get Cobb instead?

I feel like I have a lot of WR depth. So If i could pry Johnson I should huh?

EDIT: He is thinking about this offer. Calvin Johnson & either Stevie Johnson or Tavon Austin for Lamar Miller and DeAndre Hopkins.

Take that deal or the straight up Lamar for Cobb?

#6775 Stack24, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  16. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I'd just take the Cobb deal straight up. Sounds like he doesn't know what he has, and Calvin is sure to cost you more. I'd rather steal a low WR1 than pay value for a top end WR1.

Also, I overlooked Hopkins earlier. He's your flex play.

17. Stack24

it's more that he has no RB's on his team.

He has Bradshaw, Lawfirm, Ingram and that's it....so he is desperate so I want to make a deal before he jumps to someone else since I have decent depth.

I just worry about Cobb as he's not super number 1 where as Calvin is. I would like to keep Hopkins if I could. Maybe throw him antonio brown even though I doubt he takes it.

18. RedNation

That megatron trade might get vetoed :grin:

19. Stack24

Always worth a try.

Figured I get a WR1 and WR2 out of the deal and give up one RB and a WR to get it.

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Calvin for Lamar + another WR is still a steal for you. Do whatever it takes to get that deal done. I'm also a huge fan of Cobb, but you def want Calvin.