1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For me it would. I was avoiding the guy completely. Now I'd take him late 1st - early 2nd. I still like McFadden, Graham, 3QBs, before him. Jennings will drop now though so that's nice for a potential MJD owner.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i put in a waiver to drop reggie wayne to pick up isaac redmon

thoughts?

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Don't. Unless you're that desperate for RB depth.

4. BigMaloe

He was my worse wr and i did need depth badly, only 4rbs

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

well heres my team i just drafted, 10 team league. 9th overall pick.

QB-Brady
    QB-Romo
    WR-Julio Jones
    RB-DeMarco Murray
    RB-Trent Richardson
    TE-Jimmy Graham
    W/T-Antonio Brown
    BN-Miles Austin
    BN-Vincent Jackson
    BN-Stevie Johnson
    BN-Mark Ingram
    BN-Santonio Holmes
    BN-Issac Redman

K-Neil Rackers
    K-Nick Novak

DEF-Houston
    DEF-NY Jets

of course i wasnt paying attention picking the kickers..my last 2 picks, because i just drop and replace every week with them. didnt realize both of those kickers were basically cut. so i dropped em and replaced with some dudes.

little worried about RB situation..but hell most the studs were gone by the time they got to me, i could have grabbed chris johnson at 9, but opted for brady instead. same thing with graham in 2nd round (snake draft so 2nd pick in 2nd rd)

hows the texans defense supposed to be this year,after i selected them someone mentions no mario williams, which i forgot he left. still houston going to be alright defensively? i grabbed the defenses a little earlier than last year too. last year i was subbing out D's every week as well, which tended to be shaky too. real slim pickings, because of the 2 defenses per team just like last year.

overall thoughts?

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Just had two PPR drafts this past week. Not feeling too well about either.

DRAFT 1 (with IDP):

QB - Phillip Rivers
    RB - Ray Rice
    RB- DeMarco Murray
    WR - Victor Cruz
    WR - Eric Decker
    TE - Antonio Gates
    K - Dan Bailey

DST - Chicago Bears

LB - Patrick Willis
    LB - Sean Lee
    DB - George Wilson
    DB- Mark Barron
    DL - Jared Allen
    DL - Justin Tuck

BENCH - Russell Wilson, David Wilson, Pierre Garçon, Justin Maclin, DeAngelo Hall

Really hurting at QB. WR is weak. RB2 is iffy.

DRAFT 2 (non IDP)

QB - Peyton Manning
    RB - Darren McFadden
    RB- Darren Sproles
    WR - Calvin Johnson
    WR - Antonio Brown
    TE - Antonio Gates
    K - Dan Bailey

DST - Philadelphia Eagles

BENCH - Russell Wilson, Pierre Garçon, Keyshawn Martin, don't remember

Health concerns with half of the players. Players that are considered my stars.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Who are you're other RBs and WRs?

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Should I:

trade Fred Davis/Robert Meachem for Jeremy Maclin/Jacob Tamme

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

If the other person accepts it I would do that trade.

1 person likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

ray rice/ryan mathews/trent richardson/beanie wells

11. BigMaloe

my WRs are wes welker/dez bryant/demaryius thomas/stevie johnson

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Can you play 2 backs and 3 receivers?

I feel like its such a huge drop off between Redman's potential to Wayne's. If there were another player worth picking up for dropping Reggie I'd say yes, but if you do it for Redman I feel like you have to handcuff him with Dwyer just to make it worth while.

I say no keep him and start Rice with Richardson if you have the option. That or trade one of your receivers for a solid back now or later.

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Meachem is fast and rated high on some boards, but there's no evidence that he'll break 50 catches. Maybe Rivers loves him, but it's so hard to tell. Davis is one joint away from a season suspension, but he is the #1 TE so who knows...maybe he's ready to make the next step towards becoming a star.

Tamme is TE#1 and he has a history with Peyton, but it is a great history? Maclin should be better than Meachem right?

1 person likes this.
  14. The Stig

The Stig Member

So who should I start this week?
    3 WR: Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Eric Decker, Torrey Smith, Titus Young, or Crabtree.
    2 RB: Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, DeAngelo Williams

I am new to FF so I don't know if I should just stick with my original lineup or tweak here and there?

15. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

i would go:

wr: t.smith,toss up between E.decker and young(select the one with the better matchup),White

rb:johnson,gore

quit playing with my head! That's sort of my train of thought. I think J.Dressen might of won the te spot. Maclin>Meachem, no doubt but Davis>Tamme by a bunch...

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Meachem is a hard read for sure. When a WR switches teams you usually expect a drop off but in his case he was usually a 3rd option at best in New Orleans.

I have heard Rivers and him were having some trouble gelling, conventional wisdom suggests he will favor his more familiar targets, Floyd and Gates. However, both of those guys have had trouble staying healthy so Meachem could become a high volume Target by neccessity.

1 person likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's the deal with V. Brown? Seems like he could easily slip in there and steal looks in a hurry. They have Royal too don't they? He is talented and has put up numbers before. There's another mouth to feed.

18. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Brown broke his ankle and is out indefinitely. So the targets of opportunity are there for Meachem.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah Brown was going to be a popular sleeper target until the injury. Royal will see more snaps now in his stead, but he's going to be way down on the food chain and will probably have more chances to make an impact in the return game.

Malcolm Floyd has put up pretty good numbers when healthy, and Gates is still Gates, so until those guys get hobbled, I'm still not sold on Meachem being a fantasy contributor.

20. Pete the Cheat

you can add Rivers to your list of oft-injured Chargers...he played hurt all of last year and still looks dinged to me.

couple that with the fact their OL was garbage last year and looks even worse to start the season. there are going to be a lot of hurried throws and dirt in the face for Mr. Rivers again this season.
    I have no doubt he will still put up monster yardage but his TD/INT ratio is going to be garbage again...

all that being said, it seems like a recipe for Meachem to maintain his feast or famine ways...