1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. what

what Member

I'm not real big on turner either. In ppr leagues, he's a liability in my opinion and not above a flex play.

I don't agree with moe on anything else he said in that post. But of the 3 high potential guys he lists, Jared Cook is the safest bet.

But In all three instances, I'd pick Roy Helu and Beanie Wells over the 3. Beanie is a bad ass player when he's on the field and Helu is going to be productive. I had Helu last year and I might have been burn by mike shannihan once.

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Looking to make a trade. Here's the situation: I have R Rice in 2 of my leagues, so I'd like to trade him in one (hedging my RB, lol). Someone else in the league wants to trade Forte. Here's what I'm thinking of sending. (standard yahoo league $20 pro)

Rice/Lloyd/Denarius Moore
    for
    Forte/AJ Green/Garcon

Some of my concerns: Lloyd is a toss up. Either he's going to have a big season, or he's going to be a big flop. Forte coming off an Injury. Garcon is in the same boat as Lloyd. Also worried that Green and/or Dalton could fall victim to a sophomore slump. I don't think so, but that's a possibility of course.

My other backs: Lynch/Mendenhal/Ingram
    Other WR: Nicks, Colston, Meachem, Titus Young

On paper, the trade looks very good for me. I trade one of the best RB for a very good RB and get a top WR for my WR3.

I doubt he will accept this, unless he's a Pats fan. Losing Forte and AJ green for Rice won't look appealing for most people. I just want to see others' thoughts on me sending this trade.

3. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Had my 3rd draft of the season, 4th pick. But here's my team and already got a trade request:

Starters:
    QB-Matt Schaub
    RB-McCoy
    RB-Gore
    WR-Julio Jones
    WR-Andre Johnson
    WR-Percy Harvin
    TE-Tony Gonzalez
    FLEX-C.J. Spiller
    K-Patriots kicker
    DST-Ravens

Bench:
    QB-Josh Freeman
    RB-Toby Gerhart
    WR-Lestar Jean
    WR-Davone Bess
    WR-Rod Streater
    TE-Coby Fleener

Got this trade proposal:

Gore, Julio, & Andre for Foster, Demeriyus Thomas, Boldin

should I do it? At first I said no, been saying no but then I thought about it, if I have foster and mccoy together I really don't need WRs idk tho. Default Yahoo scoring.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm not sure of the logic of trading Rice just because you have him in 2 leagues. If you want to win both of those, keep him.

5. Lil Pun

I'd be looking at trading for some more RB cushion.

6. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

So another no to the original trade?

7. Lil Pun

I would say no because you increase value in RB but you lose a lot more value in the WR position.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I have a roster spot or two to play with in my ppr league. I'm looking to maybe drop Rod Streater (dropped Hankerson to pick him up) and maybe Jon Baldwin. Here are some of the players with potential upside available on the wire:

Rashad Jennings
    Sidney Rice
    Jon Dwyer
    Devone Bess
    Brian Quick

Here is my current team outlook:

QB: Eli Manning* / Carson Palmer
    RB: Adrian Peterson / Trent Richardson* / Benjarvis Green-Ellis / Shonn Greene / Donald Brown
    WR: Julion Jones / Antonio Brown / Torrey Smith / Denarius Moore / Jon Baldwin / Rod Streater**
    TE: Jared Cook
    DEF: Packers
    K: Alex Henery

Suggestions?

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I just dropped Helu for some TE depth. Looks like Shanny might keep 4 backs this year, or even worse, might put Helu on the PUP list according to local DC radio. Shanny seems to really want Hightower's blocking and Morris might be the most talented of the bunch. Sex Rexy was a check down machine (and turnover machine), which overinflated Helu, I think for 1 game mainly. I don't envision Helu doing as well this year.

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

just a few questions, have a fantasy draft on sunday night. same group of people as last year which i won thanks to the help from this site last year (i'll lean on clutchfans again this year)

is drafting jimmy graham in the 2nd or 3rd round crazy?

in what round would you take AJ green? i got him like in the 15th round last year, but looks like he's shot way up since his performance last season.

in the league i'm doing, it looks like he's keeping the default settings which i guess means passing TD's are only worth 4 pts, where as rushing TD's are 6 points. is it still worth taking rodgers with a top 5 pick if thats the case?

how concerned should you be about MJD? what round should you look to possibly pick him up?

how high is eric decker going? seems he's getting a lot of talk mainly because hes gotten targeted by peyton a lot in preseason, but gotta believe they'll run the ball quite a bit too right? isn't that fox's MO?

thats it for now...prob have some more later

thanks

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Graham will be gone by pick 15 at the absolute latest. I'd consider him as early as the 8th pick if you're allowed a single TE slot. Green has tier 1 WR ceiling and is going quick. I'd still consider Rodgers in the top 5. Personally, if I was MJD I'd holdout all year, if I was JAC I wouldn't pay the guy. So I would pass on him completely. Otherwise just make sure you grab his backup and you're fine. Decker could seriously go off man. 8TD's last year playing half the year with a RB at QB. If someone told me I could take the team with MJD & Rodgers or Green/Decker/Graham to build around I'd take the trio easy - that's doable too.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1 - Graham could go as high as the end of the 1st round. He's that good.

2 - AJ Green is probably going to be around the 5th WR taken

3 - Even in 4 pt passing TD leagues, Rodgers is going to be gone quick.

4 - MJD is a good value around pick 18 or later.

5 - Decker looks like he could be Peytons favorite target which gives him
    WR1 upside. I expect great numbers.

13. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

thanks moe and ziggy. just kind of curious, i wont know draft position until like 30 min before draft..just wanted to get a gauge. last year i lucked out and had the 1st pick and grabbed peterson. just trying to figure what i might do if i go late or near end of picks.

i did pretty well holding off on a QB until like 8th or 9th rd getting romo last year, but thinking if i'm a later pick in the first round to maybe grab rodgers if avail, and then a stud WR with my 2nd pick.

#5593 FlyerFanatic, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm being offered McCoy for Brees. I have Lynch and Stewart as my other RBs and Luck and Fitzgerald as my other Qbs

15. Lil Pun

I'm not big on McCoy this year. Peters, one of the best offensive tackles in the game, is out for at least most of the season and he provided good run blocking to that side. 20 total TDs is going to be hard to replicate as well. I wouldn't trade Brees away for him.

16. Lil Pun

As others have said, he won't last past the early part of round 2. I got him with the second pick in round two of my 12 team draft. He's basically a WR playing the TE position.

He went at the end of the second round in my draft. I expect him to have a good season.

Rodgers was first overall in my league and it is 4 points for passing tds. Like moes said, he probably won't last past the first five picks and will be gone quickly.

I'm not big on MJD this year because of the holdout. I think he'll eventually report but won't be as effective as in previous seasons. If he last past the second round, good value but if you take him earlier you're really taking a chance.

Decker has been going 7-10 rounds, from what I have been seeing but after that last preseason outing it may have shot up. Definitely WR1 potential there.

17. what

what Member

Count me as being bearish on drafting Graham in the first or second round. Last year graham had 1300/ 11 tds.

Compare that to Steve Smith's 1400 yards and 7 tds. Roddy White, 1300 and 8, Julio Jones had 1000 and 8 in 13 games.

Graham might be good, but the value just isn't there compared to WRs in that same class who'll be drafted much lower. I wouldn't draft graham or gronk until the 3rd round.

18. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

also, if i'm set on getting a TE in the 3rd or 4th rounds, even if graham isnt around, i could still get a decent TE in gronk, gates, or hernandez i would imagine.

19. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

Proposed trade

I get
    Jamaal Charles
    Fred Davis

He gets
    Rob Gronk
    Green Ellis

Should i counter and ask for Stevie Johnson? My WR3 is Laurent Robinson.

20. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

so with MJD reporting...does that change anything in regards where to draft him? or no?