1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

In a PPR, Wes Welker alone is as explosive (if not more explosive) as McCoy. Andre Johnson for Percy Harvin...I'm not feeling this one at all.

I'd rather have Welker/Johnson than McCoy. Maybe trade Welker alone for McCoy, or get a better WR replacement than Harvin.

2. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Is Julio Jones the real deal to the point where I can trade away Colston? My other receivers are Boldin and Maclin.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He may not duplicate the numbers from this weekend but he has/had been targeted more than Roddy White before his injury. I'd definitley trade Colston, for anything of value, Brees spreads the ball too much to count on him and Graham is his top target now, along with Sproles in the dump offs.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Julio and Roddy will feed off each other. 4 targets to White's 9 may say something, but Turner doesn't catch, and Gonzo is an endzone target. That said, this was against Indy's super pathetic D.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Julio was producing nicely enough sans TDs in his earlier games, I think now that he's got that monkey off his back he will have a WR1 type 2nd half of the season.

Most of my teams are counting on it to win championships.

6. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Is Laurent Robinson a good waiver wire pickup? I know Austin will be out for at least a month so I would assume he gets the bulk of the receptions?

My WR position is paper thin right now.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Definitely snatch Robinson, he's been targeted pretty heavily by Romo... even with Austin and Bryant healthy.

8. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

If the pick up goes through, should I start him in favor of Mario Manningham in my flex position?

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I wouldn't, even if Nicks returns this week.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Any suggestions for dealing with the inconsistent WR corp of Nicks, Holmes, Rice and Branch. I was thinking about trying to land Cruz or Manningham to supplement Nicks. Any other ideas? Non-PPR.

The team is ranked #1, but needs more consistency if it's going to win the title.

The TE duo (both play) is Witten/Grank -- should Witten be a trade asset and Hernandez a target? Grank is another part of the inconsistency issue.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Eh, despite what you said I'm leaning to start Beanie (assuming he is healthy). Beanie playin 30th ranked rush D (Philly) vs Blount against the 4th ranked rush D (Houston)

12. what

what Member

There is no way i'd take welker for mccoy and AJ might be limited all year.

This is a bad move. Mccoy is 20 ppg all day long. Welker isn't.

13. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Should I drop Vernon Davis ( a huge dissappointment) for Dustin Keller?

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

And Moes, what the hell is going on with DHB? Should I start him over Santonio Holmes@NE?

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Welker is the top receiver in my PPR league. He's got more points than McCoy by a little. Welker might average 18 points plus he'll go off every once in a while for 30 or more. He already had a 50+ point day.

16. what

what Member

That's just it, he is inconsistent. If you can call it that. He's had great weeks and then weeks where he doesn't do much.

I'd rather have mccoy, because Mccoy is 20 plus points every week, he is also one of the best running backs, a position that only has maybe 4 top backs that you can count on every week.

I doubt the guy would make this deal, and I know I wouldn't give up Mccoy for welker. But that is just me. Mccoy is worth more.

17. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I would if I had a TE the caliber of Keller on waiver to replace Davis in my league :( With him blocking more and Alex Smith throwing the ball, Davis owners are hurting this year.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

PPR league:

Ballard vs Niners or Pettigrew vs Bears?

Also I don't know who to pick up, Ford may be available but if he's not should I drop Doug Baldwin for Leonard Hankerson, got a feeling he's gonna be special and the Skins are gonna have to throw a whole lot.

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Ballard

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

So I'm gonna drop Vernon Davis for Dustin Keller. Should I?

And should I start Battle@DEN or Manningham@SF for my flex position?