1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. what

what Member

I'm exited to see what Helu does! I didn't realize that Hightower was done for the year.

If Helu can become a 15-20 point back for the rest of the year and Mathews can continue to do the same, then I have a REALLY STRONG TEAM going forward, assuming that Wallace gets into the game plan.

Funny thing was Mathews injury helped me this week. I would have never played Helu over Mathews if Mathews was playing good.

Moe, this is also why I love deeper benches and leagues. In a 10 league, 15 bench players, there is no way anyone would have kept Helu on their bench.

In deeper leagues, it allows for a play like this to be a benefit.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I enjoy the challenge of a deeper league, but I also find that a lot of sleepers are given up on way too quickly in hopes of landing a big fish right out of the gate.

I had Antonio Brown 5 weeks ago, now I'm stuck with Santonio Holmes, Julio Jones, Gaffney, DHB, Denarious Moore the rest of the way at WR.

3. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Beware of Redskins running backs...

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I was so excited to draft Hightower.

I was so excited when I picked up Torain.

Glad I immediately traded Torain. I gave up Best in the same deal. The only way it could have worked out better is if I had been able to move AJ instead of CJ.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And thanks to McFadden's injury this week I started Javon Ringer and Taiwan Jones and got away with it.

(Thank you Vincent Jackson)

6. what

what Member

Hopefully moore becomes relevant again. He would provide a much needed option on my bench.

7. juicystream

I have McFadden in my other league. I am very thankful to the guy who waived Mcgahee when he looked like he was going to be out for a few weeks.

:grin:

8. what

what Member

I gave up on DHB too quick. That one move killed my waiver wire this year, because I dropped DHB for Denarius Moore and dropped 300 of my 1000 FA money on him.

I spend 300 on Fred Davis so those two moves shot my FA money.

Davis worked out, better than I expected.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Picked up Greg Salas in a ppr and played him - he killed it, now he's out for the year. Should I really have expected anything less?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Apparently they are saying now that DHB just wasn't in many of the WR sets they were using against Denver.

Kind of find that hard to believe. Kevin Boss wasn't used hardly at all either, Brandon Meyers saw most of the snaps at TE.

There is a growing little movement now among Raider fans that are questioning if Hue has been given the keys to the Vette and is taking it 110 down the Freeway and pissing off the passengers.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

To top it off, I was a Reggie Bush owner - prior to the last 2 weeks. That shows how powerful my curse is. Even Reggie Bush is an asset now.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Start 3 out of 5 PPR League Week 10:
    -Willis McGahee (@KC)

-Dwayne Bowe (DEN)

-Ryan Mathews (OAK)

-Brandon Marshall (WAS)

-Reggie Bush (WAS)

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Need to start 3 out of these players (1 flex, 2 WR spots)

Beanie Wells
    LeGarrette Blount
    Julio Jones
    Marques Colston
    Brandon Marshall
    Eric Decker

For my TE position
    Play Aaron Hernandez or Greg Olsen? Dilemma- Hernandez playing Jets, so not sure whether to play since Wes Welker will get covered by Revis, maybe forcing Tom Brady to look for short dump routes to TEs? Or does Tom Brady get his ass sacked all game and have problems passing period?

14. juicystream

It is downright crazy how good your situation is at RB & WR.

McGahee
    Bowe
    Mathews

15. juicystream

Wells
    Jones
    Colston

I have the same situation facing me with regards to Hernandez vs. Fred Davis. Hernandez has had 3 games vs. the Jets in his career:

6 101
    3 51 1
    5 56

Their first game against the Jets this year was the only game he has played and not caught a TD. I think you have to stick with a guy that has proven he can perform against this defense, and has been so good throughout his short career.

16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I also have Tolbert- Pending on whether Mathews plays or not, I'm gonna have to put in Blount (which I really don't want to since he's playing our studly Houston D)

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not tryna start anything but some adv, it helps if you have the team those particular players go against. I usually look at the matchups when I make decisions so I'm sure those who give adv do too.

Based on this I'd start Blount, our D isn't THAT stout, they went against a practice squad player in Ogbonnaya and he should fare pretty well as they've average 86 yards and a TD to everyone but him. I would go Julio and Marshall with my wideout spots.

As for TE go with Hernandez, he has been playing better since the knee injury and as easy as it sounds to do, Hernandez is a tough cover without giving up coverage to Welker or Gronkowski. Plus Cam loves Steve Smith, Olsen and Shockey share the TE duties there, surprisingly.

My starts are so relying on the health of other players. If Mathews is out again I may start Tolbert vs Oak, but I'm debating wether or not to start Helu over S. Greene in my ppr league.

For my flex I have Crabtree vs NYG, Laurent Robinson vs Buf, and Steve Breaston vs Den available and Bradshaw along with AJ80 a possibility but I'm weary on playing Bradshaw even if he his good to go.

Mark Ingram is still a possibility also if he plays this week. So many head scratchers ugh!

18. juicystream

They've played very well against some pro bowlers as well. Only Ray Rice and Daniel Thomas have had good games against them.

McFadden 16 carries 51 yards 2 rec for 17 yards
    C. Johnson 10 carries 18 yards 6 rec for 27 yards
    MJD 18 carries 63 yards 1 rec for 11 yards

Only reason I would go Blount is out fear that Arizona will fall behind Philly early, and abandon the run.

19. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Talking about a logjam...

[​IMG]

Might start Laurent Robinson (vs Buffalo) over Jackie Battle (vs Denver) now that Austin is ruled out and I think it'll be a shootout next week. Aye/Nay?

20. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Trade Wes Welker and Andre Johnson for LeSean McCoy and Percy Harvin.

I still have Jordy Nelson and Julio Jones as receiver. I could use a RB. Its a 2 WR and 2 RB league with a flex