1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. what

what Member

I was wrong, it looks like Ryan Mathews is a game time decision.

When you have Helu, Stewart (bye) and Kendall Hunter, I am hoping Mathews can play.

Not sure what to do. One would think that at some point Helu is going to get a chance to make plays with all of washington's injuries. Don't know. Feel free to help me on this if you want. :(

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

1/2 ppr

Reggie Bush
    Nate Washington
    Plaxico

Pick 1.

3. what

what Member

You probably want to put Bush in. Plax has been downgraded. Washington, who is by far the most consistent player on the list, is going against the vaulted Bengals D, which I do believe in.

Reggie for the win.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Done, thanks. Hopefully Thomas doesn't steal all his carries.

Jordy or Sidney? What I'm hearing is people think Rice may have a good game... but I hate to skip on Jordy especailly since my matchup is against Rodgers.

5. what

what Member

That's a toss up. I suppose that you are thinking the way I would think about it. If it is a toss up, go with the guy who has the better QB - Jordy.

But Rice might be the better player overall.

I think that they assume that the Seahawks will have to throw it a lot to have a chance to beat the cowgirls.

Your PPR is only a 1/2 a point so the amount of catches will be limited in point value. So you are talking about yardage and tds. Not to mention dallas's pass rush is a good one.

Again, Rice is a good play, but a risky play. Jordy is a little less risky in my opinion.

6. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

At this point your best bet is for Mathews to play. Helu is still sharing carries, and he's going up against the 49ers run defense.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im thinking about picking bengals DEF against titans over Jets DEF over Buffalo, the jets havent stopped a good RB, and the bills could score a lot.

Also pick 2:

mcgahee
    doug baldwin
    early doucet
    james jones
    kevin walter

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The guy I'm playing in ny ppr league is starting Jay Cutler over Big Ben with Cam Newton on a bye.

Is he a genius or am I an idiot? Ben has been killing it and the Eagles D has been slowly getting better, Ravens pass D is hardly as stout as it's run. Oh and we get 6 points per throwing TD that may play a part to his logic.

He has LeSean so he may beat me handily regardless, just tryna make sense of his train of thought right now.

9. what

what Member

As if I need more to think about, Helu is starting.

To quote Mathew Berry, you play with Shanahan you play with fire.

10. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    Chris Berman said on Sunday NFL Countdown that he doesn't expect Chargers RB Ryan Mathews and WR Malcolm Floyd to play today.

11. what

what Member

Thanks.

I think that I am feeling better about Helu today despite the edict you play with shanahan you play with fire, oft quoted.

Shanahan HAS to give somebody carries. I also have fred davis playing, so I am hoping that I am wrong but I doubt that davis is getting workhorse type targets. I see Helu getting involved into the passing game. I hope anyway.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't know how desean is doing in ppr but he sucks in standard leagues. He can't be getting more than 3-4 targets a game. Helu is said to be starting I think, but that probably means a good day for Torrain, or more likely Choice.

Lord help me, with Bradford a gtd, I'm gonna roll with Tarvaris.

13. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

which WR#2 to start?

Victor Cruz @ Patriots
    Mario Manningham @ Patriots
    Brandon Marshall @ Chiefs
    Plax Burress @ Buffalo

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Victor Cruz or Manningham.

15. what

what Member

Cruz and Manningham.

I loathe Marshall. Loathe him. But if you want you could sub Marshall in for either Cruz or Manningham.

Plax aren't in this other 3 receivers class. Don't get cute.

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I'm gonna regret starting Cedric Benson over DeMarco Murray. :(

17. what

what Member

I told you. :(

On another note, how about Julio Jones, Moe!

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Love me some Julio.

19. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Jackie Battle killed me today ugh...i have one more RB spot open, should i play

Steven Jackson (STL @ AZ) or
    Beanie Wells (AZ vs STL)

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Woo-hoo for keeping Roy Helu on my bench for the past couple weeks! Even if he doesn't have the 10 rec 105 yd performance he'll do wonders for me in my ppr league. Too bad I started Baldwin instead of him. Def not my Dougie.