1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Scoot Henderson as a Blazers thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Scoot is still so young but at the same time he spent 3 yrs with GLeague. Compare him to Christian Braun or Jaime Jaquez looks like he just wasted his time in the GLeague cuz he looks rawer than Shaedon Sharpe who basically did nothing for 1 yr.

2. TimDuncanDonaut

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

-56 tonight against OKC

13 points (4 for 21) 2 assists, and 3 turnovers in 31 minutes

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and B-Bob like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That historic Game would increase OKC's point differential to new heights.....

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe scute and jaylen straight up would be good for both parties. let both start anew in different situations

SamFisher and the11mingdynasty like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Easy, B-Bob, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Have you ever watched this show?

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I forgot that Ayton was there
    Is he hot garbage or just the portland effect?

Rocket River

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ayton's case is peculiar, he is running his mouth more than he shows his game...

He looks like a finesse Embiid who just cannot score enough.....

roslolian likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

Oof.

"Scoot Henderson now holds the record for worst season plus minus in a single game with -58. The previous record holder was Manny Harris with -57."

Blazers loses to Heat. 82 - 142

jim1961 likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Combination of losing passion for the game and having zero guard play to feed him buckets.

12. JW86

JW86 Member

I think a lot of people, myself first and foremost deserve a lot of flack and need to apologize for the way we behaved around draft night towards the Hornets, but also even suggesting taking any of the Thompson twins or Miller over Scoot should lead to a GM being fired and what not. Hornets fans and all basketball fans went after MJ and cohorts for taking Miller. While I'm not so sure Miller over Scoot was warranted, Scoot could still reach his potential and a Thompson twin over Miller would've been much more satisfying, taking any of the top talent - even Cam Whitmore - over Scoot is not that crazy to say at this point. I also use Cam since I wanted to draft him at 4 and was very low on the Thompson twins working out.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i dont even fault anyone for thinking scoot should go #2. they were featuring him and wemby on ESPN before they were drafted. everyone thought he should have gone 2.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ask Jalen Green how your plus minus looks while your team tanks.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

The +/- is team dependent, it made news yesterday, because he set a record. Last night's game, even relative to his teammates his +/- was the worst.

Henderson has tapes where he could dunk. Lately he cant seem to clear certain vertical. Pre-draft, the height was glossed over, because he's supposed to be able to jump.

The other critique that's being talked about is how he has no left, making him super easy to defend. And super prone to turnovers, plus having one of the worst TS%. Scoot's individual stats this season has been very very bad.

There's still time but this kind of bad is what put coaches like Billups in the hot seat.

#55 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I told you guys that he was at least 2 - 3 years away from being good.

And his lack of shooting and shortness are a major obstacle.

DD

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He played well in those games too.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's only a been 9 games of 60+ margin in 70+ years of NBA history - whoever played lots of minutes in those games is gonna have a good shot at the worst 1 game plus minus ever (and whoever played on the winning side has a shot at the best), though apparently that stat has only been tracked for the last 20 years or so so we don't even know.

But just perusing the stats, it looks like Scoot and Kris Murray are the only 2 players to log 40+ minutes in a 60 point defeat so it makes sense. Who knows what happened in the 60's when they didn't even track minutes.

I've said it before with regard to Green, but one game +/- is one of the least meaningful stats in existence, which is probably why it shows up on Twitter a lot.

There's plenty of stuff to say about Scoot that's bad, but I wouldn't take too much away from one game +/- and the Blazers embarrassing annual March-April shenanigans.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Thank you Blazers. Wemby is the only player I'd take over Amen from their draft.

20. Nook

Nook Member

He had the pedigree and talent worthy of going #2. The Blazers are terrible regardless of Scoot, so I don’t care too much about the +/- in particular games. Scoot has had a bad year - but I’m not writing him off.