1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official...Scola signed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rpr52121, Jul 15, 2007.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Houston made official the hiring of Scola

The wing pívot surpassed the medical revision and signed with the Rockets, for three seasons, in exchange for 9,3 million dollars. Its participation in Preolímpico does not run risk.

Houston made official the hiring of Luis Scola and this way the wing pívot became the sixth Argentinean in playing in the NBA, the more important league of básquet in the world.

Scola will fulfill its dream thanks to that the Spurs, that had chosen it in draft of 2002, exchanged it with the Rockets, that contracted it by three years in exchange for 9,3 million dollars.

The Argentine already surpassed the medical revision which it was put under in Buenos Aires. Its new equipment will have to pay to Ceramic Tau 500 thousand dollars (cannot pay more by regulation) and, in addition, it will have to collaborate with the player in the payment of the rescission clause

General manager of Houston, Daryl Morey, affirmed: "one is a healthy player, the last season played all the parties of Ceramic Tau and for that reason we discounted that in the medical revisación we would not be with any problem".

The arrival of Scola to the NBA will not put in risk its participation in Preolímpico of the Fertile valleys, that will gamble from the 22 of August the 2 of September and that already lowered Emanuel Ginóbili, Fabricio Oberto, Walter Herrmann, Juan Ignacio Sanchez, Andrés Notion (by injury) and Rubén Wolkowisky.

http://www.edicioncentral.com.ar/pag.asp?funcion=home.noticias.leernota&IdNota=54351
    http://www.minutouno.com/1/hoy/article/NBA:-Es-oficial-lo-de-Scola-a-Houston^id_38090.htm

2. playlife

playlife Member

SPLASH!!!

3. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i'm happy it's on the team.

4. JD317²

JD317² Member

5. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Fantastic news! Thanks for the post, althought the translating is a bit confusing.

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

7. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Splash!

Now will he be playing in a summer league game? Butler has played for us.

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

GREAT NEWS....We have a PF!!! Finally, someone in the 4 spot who can actually play....hopefully.

I still think we need one more player than create his own shot...then we are set, this is just in case if Mr. Bonzi goes Bonzai.

9. lalala902102001

Great news!

Scola is better than any of the FA available on the market this year. We got our man.

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You all are getting a little ahead of yourselves.. Our PF is still our weakpoint.

It's good to have this guy signed-up, I'll be posting a scout video of him real soon. I plan on doing a 3 part series. Later

11. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

Chris Paul.. A poor mans Brooks

i like that Realjad.

12. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I'm glad the Argentinean wing pivot who was very important in other leagues of basquèt is officially with the Rockets.

13. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Great News!!! :) I'm happy we got this guy, along with J. Butler. cuz it gives the team size & width. I really can't wait for the season to start & watch fun Basketball, not like Van Gundy's slow grind offense! I have always an admirer of Coach Rick Adelman-his style of play & he's not afraid to play rooks. ;)

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Reading that article made me feel like I was in a foreign country...it felt really authentic.

This offseason has progressed about as nicely as I could have imagined.

15. Navman

Navman Member

About time we have some semblence of a legit power forward. I'm looking forward to that new frontline!

16. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Ha Ha, Found this from one of the links...

[​IMG]

I'm glad he's a Rocket, and it seems like he's going to be a great fit next to Yao.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Looks like PF is set with Scola, Hayes, Landry and Harris.

18. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Great. I wish Nov. comes sooner.

19. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

Kewl. How much money do we have left?

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Agree with the Scola part...quality drops off rapidly from there.