1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Los Angeles Laker thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 29, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Westbrick is such a loser LOL. He tries to run over someone and he then gets mad hahahah

DreamR and vator like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. Fantasma Negro

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Magic is wrong here. LeBron was out there with bench players in the fourth down 30 urgently trying his best to pad his stats.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden would do the same in a loss and his fans would say he's a hooper, he loves basketball so much.

RKREBORN, xtruroyaltyx and hakeem94 like this.
  6. JumpMan

I don't know about down 30 in the fourth with both benches cleared. I want to say they were down 40, but it seems unbelievable when I write it.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His decline was obvious to anyone who has watched basketball over the years. Like Dwight Howard, Westbrook relied on sheer athleticism to succeed. That's gone for him now and the lack of refinement in his game is a liability as he ages. He can't run an offense, he can't become a better shooter this late in his career and, most damning of all, he refuses to recognize it. Say what you will about Dwight, but his second act in the NBA only happened because he finally realized he had to adjust in order to still play.

The albatross is Westbrook's contract. The Lakers are stuck with it for another season because nobody other than the Rockets can trade for that thing and they'd demand first round picks into eternity in exchange.

It's just crazy that LeBron thought Westbrook would help them win. The tunnel vision on players can be staggering.

8. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Definitely was a panic move after losing in the first round. While I don't think the Lakers would have been that much better this season without the WB trade because AD is made of glass, they would have at least had some assets left to get a different player.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They wanted Lillard ahead of Westbrook, they only got the second option.

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This clown show is exactly what the ungrateful dumbass lakers fanbase deserves

They had legit 2 way role players but you wouldnt hear the end of it from them anytime players like kuzma, kcp or danny green had a bad night

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The fuking thing about the Lakers is they get a legit superstar free agent coming to their Crypto arena in 5 years.

Rinse repeat everything again.

clos4life, Slyonebluejay and Easy like this.
  12. JumpMan

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

“When I saw brother LeBron watching the stat sheet, that told me all I needed to know on why the Lakers are losing,” Brown said. “That told me all I needed to know why that team is not connected on defense.

“Because I played since little league, since high school, and all the high school coaches around the world can attest to this. They would never, high school, college or whatever, they would never allow a player to watch a stat sheet on a bench. Especially while they’re losing.

“What is that stat sheet teaching you? It’s not teaching you anything. I used to make sure – we lost a game, I wouldn’t let nobody on our bus touch a stat sheet. We lost. What the f— are we looking at the stats for?

“So for LeBron to be looking at the stat sheet on the bench, for all you young guys out there, I’m not taking away anything from the way he plays the basketball game. He’s still great. He’s still going to go down in the history as a great player. But that was the wrong message to send. That was horrible, and none of you players should ever emulate that.”

Brown wasn’t done with his harsh criticism of James, as he went on to compare him to the great Kobe Bryant.

“Kobe Bryant would’ve never done that,” Brown said.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

surprised nobody put this in here. Russ's brother in all the Laker twitter spaces, lol

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

To play devil's advocate:
    1. Why would anyone care what Kwame Brown thinks?
    2. LeBron could have been looking at the stats for the opposing team - who needs to be guarded more, who's having an off-night, etc.
    3. What's the big deal with looking at a stat sheet?

16. JumpMan

What's funny about this picture is that most used it to insult Westbrook. Most memes were about him worrying that LeBron was checking his stats and seeing how bad they were. For me, that was Westbrook looking at LeBron like, oh it's okay when you do it, but when I'm hunting for my trip-dub, I'm selfish.

17. JumpMan

1. Why would anyone care what anyone thinks?
    2. Lol
    3. The only stat that matters during the game is the score... unless what you're doing is stat chasing. That has been the accusation levied at LeBron this season. Especially once it became clear that the Lakers need a miracle that he can longer provide to save their season. That scene only provided more ammunition for those that believe that.

18. JumpMan

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

1. Some opinions matter more than other opinions. I don't get your question. Kwame's shouldn't matter, since he's a bust of a #1 pick who's trying to bring Kobe into this, for whatever reason.
    2. Why is that 'lol?' He really could have been looking at the stats for the other team. If he was stat padding, wouldn't he just ask someone how many he has, of any given stat?

I mean, I'm not arguing that he's not stat chasing. I'm just saying, maybe it could be more than that.

JumpMan likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member