1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Los Angeles Laker thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 29, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

So now Westbrook is a gangbanger crip? This guy is all for cameras i swear

3. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Don't trust men who wear dresses.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Counter question, where were you with the Lakers last year?

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Harden and Westbrook are both averaging 5 TO's a game this year.

Lebron is averaging 4 for good measure. lol

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Individual defensive rebounding numbers have always been overrated. It's team rebounding that counts, and it depends a lot on good fundamentals such as boxing out.

It is not uncommon that a team lost a great defensive rebounder and yet team rebounding went up.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ourced-intel-on-simmons-kyrie-lakers-and-more

The only perceived contender with less flexibility than Brooklyn may be the Los Angeles Lakers. Amid the ongoing chatter of head coach Frank Vogel’s job security, Los Angeles has limited options for other significant changes. Only Talen Horton-Tucker and Kendrick Nunn are seen by rival front offices as Lakers role players on above-minimum salaries with legitimate trade value.

The trio of LeBron James, Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook simply hasn’t blended as well as Lakers figures hoped, and Los Angeles has held internal discussions on trade scenarios for Russell Westbrook, league sources told B/R. But moving Westbrook and the two years, $91 million remaining on his contract does seem unlikely.

Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio’s salaries would match Westbrook’s pricey deal, reuniting James with a former championship counterpart. But that structure would have little interest from the Cavaliers’ side and has not yet been discussed by the two teams, sources said. Outside of Love’s large number, there are simply few players aside from John Wall, for whom Westbrook was traded to Washington last summer, who are available for trade and come close to Westbrook’s earnings.

One of those players is Ben Simmons. The Athletic reported Los Angeles’ interest in Simmons on Monday, and Westbrook’s salary, outside of James’ and Davis’, is the only number on the Lakers’ books that can match Simmons’ own lofty deal. Even then, Westbrook is not a player on the Sixers’ list of hopeful returns, league sources told B/R, and conversations with the Lakers never developed very far.

Patience likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I will forever root against any team that decides to trade for (and thereby help the Lakers) Russell Westbrook until the day I die.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Buddy Hield and fillers?

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think LBJ can score 30 plus that easily now, the Lakers are going down with injury riddled AD.

No need to concern yourself with the grim reaper right now.

Might as well think about rebuilding and let James ride off into the sunset.

Or get Brandon Ingram back lelz.

14. Victorious

Victorious Member

Eat it haters :D

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is nobody that can take that contract. Wall is the only equivalent deal in the league.

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lol, are the Lakers that delusional? Why would Morey want to take on Westbrook AGAIN? a Westbrook trade is basically what ended his tenure in Houston. The Lakers FO really seems to have their heads in the sand. They were crazy to trade for Westbrook in the first place.

(on a side note, I feel like the NBA should consider a bi-annual “amnesty” situation for teams stuck with albatross contracts like Wall, Westbrook, Kemba, Blake, Love, etc. I think players are entitled to their contract terms, and shouldn’t be forced to take a buyout to be able to play. The current system is creating perverse situations where both players and teams are held hostage to contracts that were signed in different circumstances)

#337 Patience, Dec 15, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    TimDuncanDonaut and BossHogg713 like this.
  18. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

LeBron is seriously crying to get his baby son to LA since he's signed to his Agency.

Morey should troll them and ask for Davis, Horton Tucker, Melo, Rondo, Monk

Let westbrook lebron and simmons run the show.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Westbrook for Simmons + fillers. I called it yesterday. :D

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

NBA is so rigged.

Richie_Rich and Easy like this.