1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Romney is the Moneyball Choice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I believe you.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

geez man how do you get laid?

3. Nook

Nook Member

Not sure why everyone is jumping on Batman. As much as I love basketball, politics is more important. We could see abortions made illegal, further economic problems, more severe tax cuts for the rich. I don't care what your political persuasion is, we are in a very polarizing time.

If someone chooses not to listen to a band (Dixie Chicks/ Hank Williams Jr.), shop at a store or business (Disney/ Chick Fila/Rockets), that is their right.

I don't always agree with Batman, but can respect his principle.

4. Batman Jones

Thank you, Nook.

Well, it hasn't been according to my good looks, I can assure you that; it's pretty much just been by being real. I am in a 6 year committed relationship now so I haven't been running around but when I did I went home with a different woman pretty much every night. I've been laid by at least 200 women, but I was also not a bad looking man in my youth. How do you get laid?

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>On way to <a href="https://twitter.com/barackobama"><s>@</s><b>barackobama</b></a> <a href="https://twitter.com/brandonknight12"><s>@</s><b>brandonknight12</b></a> <a href="https://twitter.com/john_wall"><s>@</s><b>john_wall</b></a> <a href="https://twitter.com/nickcollison4"><s>@</s><b>nickcollison4</b></a> <a href="https://twitter.com/austinrivers25"><s>@</s><b>austinrivers25</b></a> <a href="https://twitter.com/mrvincecarter15"><s>@</s><b>mrvincecarter15</b></a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hbarnes"><s>@</s><b>hbarnes</b></a> &amp; Juwan. <a href="http://t.co/dETtS3lr" title="http://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/238459941495656449/photo/1">twitter.com/ChandlerParson…</a></p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/238459941495656449" data-datetime="2012-08-23T02:17:35+00:00">August 23, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Damn son! You get that junk checked?

:grin:

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Amen. It's good see at least one man actually stands by his principles and puts his political/social views ahead of rooting for a group of dudes who throw a ball through a hoop for a living.

1 person likes this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

See, Morey and Parsons had this figured out. One of them supports Romney and the other supports Obama. This way, both Democratic fans and Republican fans can still root for the Rockets.

This is the true moneyball move.

(A bit worried that Parsons is hanging out with Juwan, though.)

(Also, Juwan so old, he don't got twitter. :))

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

HO HO HO

Where does The_Conquistador even begin with this Macbeth-style boast?

Well, a picture is worth at least 200 words.

[​IMG]

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

sorry about that. did not mean to type that. dont think it was auto-correct on my phone. who knows.

what i mean to say is "geez man when was the last time you got laid" you just seem angry ;)

and i think you answered my question already.

11. Batman Jones

I am angry, you're right. But that doesn't have anything to do with my sex life; I'm in a six year long committed relationship. My anger comes from two places, I think. The one place is that I'm just plain angry. Things make people angry and I am a person. The other place my anger comes from is that I have bipolar type 1 (with a brand of mania that presents as agitation rather than the more common euphoria) and intermittent explosive disorder. That's what Bruce Banner has. So yeah, I'm an angry guy. But I don't apologize for that anymore and I find that has a correlation to being less angry than I have been in the past (longtime posters will tell you I am relatively calm these days). But I came by my anger honorably and it is symptomatic of a serious illness too. I've been apologizing for it since I knew how to talk and I've decided not to be ashamed of it any longer. If it gets me banned, okay. If it gets my ass kicked, okay. If it gets me killed, okay. That was going to happen anyway.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he also believes in $235 million publicly-funded sports arenas,obtained under threat of moving to Louisville, so that NBA basketball teams can play in them and that operate as huge private cash cows.

1 person likes this.
  13. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I'm just surprised that people want to cut all ties with someone if they have differing political opinions than you. I thought the beauty of America was that people with different viewpoints can come together and live in the same country and express their opinions freely. I mean color me shocked that in a country of over 300 million people not everyone can agree with one another.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

#54 Carl Herrera, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  15. Batman Jones

To cut all ties with a stranger? I don't have any ties with Daryl Morey.

All I am doing is "expressing my opinions freely," the thing you called the beauty of America. You then say "color you shocked that people don't all agree." Of course they don't. That is my point. I don't agree with him. I'm under no obligation (and certainly I'm under no patriotic obligation) to continue to support a person or organization or other entity with whom I vehemently disagree.

Let me give you a little Social Studies class. You clearly need some help.

Freedom of Speech includes the freedom not to like someone, it includes the freedom to disagree so hard that you might protest or boycott, and it includes the freedom not to cheer for a frigging sports team.

Anyone that is getting the vapors over the fact that I like the Rockets less because the GM is a Republican (and, gasp, say it in a public forum) doesn't understand the first thing about Freedom of Speech.

I'm allowed to not like someone I disagree with and you're allowed to call me an *******. And I'm allowed to think you're an idiot and say so. I am doing so now.

16. Batman Jones

Well! That (not to mention firing Adelman) gives me great confidence in his reasoning. Oh, wait a minute -- no it doesn't.

17. Steve_Francis_rules

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Meh, he discards his fanhood once a month as far as I can tell. This is from over a month ago.

I doubt his lack of future interest in the Rockets will be some sacrifice based on moral principles like he is currently claiming.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

Please keep away from all gamma radiation.;)

Seriously I respect your passion for your beliefs. I admit, I lost a ton of respect for Parsons when I saw he was supporting Obama. My political views are a complete 180 from yours, but I do understand where you are coming from as far as the passion goes. I admit, I avoid certain things and people based on political views. There are some movie stars I refuse to watch based on what they said.

1 person likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why just Parsons- I wonder why you held him to a different standard. I can't imagine any reason.