1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Us little folks in dis little town are sure mighty happy to have Mr. Howard play on our small town basketball club. Weeeheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Lakers got punk'd, so did Philly and Nuggets. In the trade for Dwight, Lakers receive Duhon (gone), E.Clark (gone) and D.Howard (ours). Philly got Bynum (gone) and Jason Richardson (gone). Nuggets got Igoudala (gone). Magic got Affalo, A.Harrington and some future draft picks (Philly, Lakers), so Magic got something value in return. Rockets got, you know who :grin:

3. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Poor kobe unfollowed dwight on twitter.

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Nice one.

Everyone thought Magic could have done better. Well, it turned out they didn't do so bad afterall.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Great chatting with <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a>. Story to be posted soon. Said could not watch Finals.&quot;If there’s anybody that wants the trophy it’s me.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/353660803037147137">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Howard said conversations with Olajuwon, McHale were especially meaningful, but also specified one-on-one with Leslie Alexander as key.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/353660965688057856">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight: “I chose to go to Houston. I wasn’t traded. This time, I wanted to make myself happy and get back to being who I am, being Dwight.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/353661810274078720">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Dwight is going to come out with a vengeance this season. I can feel it. He's hungry. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a better first game as a Rocket than Harden.

7. Classic

Classic Member

^^Beauty of this offseason is all our players will have a preseason together. Stoked.

8. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Looking forward to reading Feigen's piece. I really enjoyed his hoopsworld interview too. He seems happier, at peace with his decision.

9. megadon

megadon Member

kind of off topic. there are plenty of Lin bashing, get rid of lin articles here. This thread is for D12 only loser.

10. megadon

megadon Member

he just needs a television special and pep rally to become the most hated man in the NBA like Lebron.

11. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

The start of last season was so exciting because some questioned if Harden would be able to be a starter and be the number one option of a team. He answered by going nuts and winning our first two games. I really hope Dwight does the same comes out with a vengeance to prove that he is ready to contend. It'd be a nice nut slap to the lakers and their fans. :grin:

12. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

I like Parsons as much as the next guy but not sure you can put him in as the Big 3. That being said, championship teams needs guys like him and he is vital to this teams success. Here you go.. alternate version of the last wp. ;)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Member

Houston could be the largest city in America, it would still be "little" compared to New York & Los Angeles. Dwight Howard doesn't have what it takes to be "the man" in New York, Los Angeles....... heck, he probably couldn't be "the man" in Dallas.

This is Harden's team. Even if Dwight dominates like we want, he'll still be second to Harden. Which is what Howard wants.

14. Homey the Clown

How's Comcast looking? Are they still gonna be b****es going into next season? I imagine more Rockets games will be on national TV now but is Comcast still acting up?

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

12 +13 = 25. Nice.

16. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

Look what i found...

Look what i found...

kissOFdeath95

Since: Jan 2012
    Member: #50236

To Dwight or not to Dwight?

DO NOT

if we can keep this young team together with Royce, Donuts, Lamb and a few of the other youngsters, i believe we will be in for a looooong season. Which is a great thing. Look at the Astros. Our worst season ever, that also changed the foundation of our franchise.

The Rockets need to take the same route. With our first rounder next year and the Raptors first, we could be in business if we keep our core of youngsters together and really add a difference maker via draft next year(hopefully getting the #1 pick, if we are bad enough-which im all for) But worst case scenario would be two picks in the top 6.

It would be awesome to get Dwight, but look at it this way. The Rockets would send all of our guys that have great potential(royce,donuts,lamb) and not only that, but the rockets would be left with scraps on the roster. Add that in with the fact that we would make the playoffs. So not only do u move that Raptor pick to Orlando, our first rounder(which could be top 5 if we stand pat) would go to Brooklyn along with Dwight.

We have began rebuilding. Lets not do a quick patchwork for a season to push our rebuilding back another year like the astros seemed to do every year. We have some good picks coming up and some good youngsters. Lets roll with it

Btw. Ive been following Clutchfans for about 10 years now.

WOW. this was on 7/12 of last year. Look at how much has changed

1 person likes this.
  17. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Good thing Daryl Morey didn't just roll with it.

18. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

He probably had every intention of rolling with it until Presti bent over

19. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

so did you confess to god today?

20. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Cool story bro.