1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Rockets 2020 Training Camp Thread:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 6, 2020.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

I remember vividly the years before Harden. The 15 year timeline you referenced also includes runs with stars in the league like Tmac, Artest, Yao, and Francis (2004) - all with no rings show for it.

The fact that you’re calling my last post “reaching” or weak because you believe this franchise crumbles and rebuilds without Harden, shows either you don’t know basketball, or are one of the most delusional Harden stans I’ve encountered both in person and virtually.

....A team with Wall, Cousins, EG, Tucker, and Wood is not rebuilding. A package that returns a young star and picks does not put you in the rebuild category ( like the Knicks, Spurs, Bulls, Magic, Kings...etc)

...Carry on man

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It may be treading water though. Maybe. It really depends on Wall/Cousins health. It sucks that the results of this season will depend on those two remaining healthy. Crossing my fingers.

D-rock and csc177 like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

#1243 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Ugh. Those are some really bad questions. They are not philosophers or self-help gurus, they're basketball players. Basketball questions would be good.

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Watching these interviews makes me understand why people like LeBrawn and Westbrook get so pissed off during the interviews. It's gotta suck even worse after a loss. Some of these questions are lame.

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol! I was watching the interviews and didn't see your response before I responded, but .... I agree!

rimrocker and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hes basing his truth on a healthy Wall and Boogie, who Silas has already stated will be rested on B2B's and who knows what else load management will be required.

And even a healthy in his prime Boogie has failed to take his teams to the postseason.

Wall is not an All Star in the West and thinking he will fill the offensive vacuum that will be created by a departing Harden is ludicrous.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

#1249 D-rock, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    bilaal14 likes this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Silas is analytics applied with common sense. Morey was too much on paper, book smart to have enough common sense. Dantoni just piggybacked off his historically great point guards and thought analytics just meant license to shoot a three every time.

Basketball is a game of chess. Analytics helps in strategizing, and identifying good players. But we went off the far end and built the whole damn playbook on it.

Mr Woods, Tfor3 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, we just didn’t have enough talent after passing on Ariza, then trading CP3 for Russ.

2018 when healthy was one of the greatest rosters ever assembled, via analytics.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

That 2018 team was good enough to win, absolutely. But that's not to say there aren't better ways to implement analytics. For instance, in a 1 point game you should be going for the highest % shot period, not ts%. Makes no sense for Harden to be stuck on drive or 3 in those situations.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Analytics say exactly this though. Chris Paul took mid range when he was here to be fair.

D-rock and BMoney like this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

not only was our 2018 squad great

I will always contend that our 2014-15 squad was also championship caliber

Beverley and Dmo both hurt before playoffs began . Dwight missed half the season and we won 56 games . Dwight got hurt in game 1 of wcf and didn’t play up to his level rest of the series .

Enough heart to come back from 1-3 down to clippers . If healthy we had the talent . With a healthy Dwight , dmo , and smith we had too much inside talent . Add in harden’s PnR brilliance , terry’s savvy , Ariza and Beverley D , and Corey brewer hitting 3’s ...

And 2018 was prolly better . But never forget 14-15 .

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah 2015 was low key a great chance to win. We weren't even outclassed against the warriors, the first two games came down to a basket.

snowconeman22, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not sure that was ever encouraged in that situation. I’ve never heard anything of the sort from the Rockets. We were super happy and encouraged CP3 to take his most comfortable shots in clutch situations, same with Harden.

I’d rather have PJ Tucker stick to TS% in crunch time, 100%.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gerald Green likely back by Feb.