1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Rockets 2020 Training Camp Thread:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 6, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He would have gotten the most annoying questions anyways.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey may not have prioritized chemistry but he did put together the most consecutive winning seasons in franchise history, 2nd in the era to Spurs. And under Morey, Rockets turned over a ton but roster always improved. Until TF bought team and forced CP3 trade and gave away all their assets to avoid paying LT.

And Rockets have had the most wins under MDA, best in franchise history. MDA system(s) also helped Harden become MVP and perennial MVP candidate.

Rockets were a 1st seed under MDA and never lower than 4th seed.

So yes, D'Antoni was obviously a shitty coach. :rolleyes:

Houtho, jiggyfly, FrontRunner and 4 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rona was circulating as early as September and October, people didn't know though.

D-rock likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Harden still avoiding the media. He's going to eventually have to do it. Should have just gotten it out of the way from day 1 to me. at least he would be able to put out his message to set the standard going forward

6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I wonder what “other things” aren’t being done to make PJ feel wanted

D-rock likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he is hoping he is traded first before having to address the media? The NBA needs to modify their fines to be based on percentage of pay so they actually mean something to a guy like James Harden. WTF does he care about $25k. Even if he held out for 100 days, that's $2.5 million, chump change for him.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hope to see some gang rebounding today.

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty sure he knows thats not happening overnight. the season is literally underway and officially starting next week. pretty obvious he wants to avoid the awkwardness but that's not something he can duck forever

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know, just throwing spaghetti at the wall. Eventually they will fine Tilman, not sure how he will deal with that.

YOLO likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

MDA mentioned not getting call from TF. Which was a reason (or icing on the cake?) for him to decide not to return.

Some teams FO did amazing things for the players like a family wall, themed lounges and other cool things in their lounges.

Did not see that for Rockets.

But it could be even more insidious than that.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Possibly not fighting the league enough in regards to the House punishment...or not straight out cutting House after it was determined he had done what he had done. Kind of interested to see the interactions between House and Harden/Tucker tonight.

Could also be not signing guys that would be useful prior to the bubble, but not sure that falls on Tilman.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Regular season wins may give you a tickle down your leg but they never get the full thing moving. Sorry, was that a gross metaphor? Lol

What made MDA a BAD coach is his complete inability to make adjustments, loosen his rotation to preserve guys, and his absolute refusal to use time outs. You see wins and losses, I see no rings. I see playoff failures when we had half time leads. I saw Harden completely blow at least two playoff close out games (was Spurs w McHale? I also give him a half pass bc I swear he was concussed).

MDA is a good offensive coach and a good “players coach.” guys like him. They want to play for the guy that is going to give him ultimate reign on the court. Guys love him because he inflates their contract value by allowing them to put up more numbers.

MDA lacks, however, all the aforementioned requisites to be a GOOD coach. At least when it matters.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I find this to be incredibly immature and complete bullshit on MDAs part. He didn’t get a call on the plane so he decided he was done? Grow the fk up. We have no idea what was going through Tillman’s mind. He may have been still deciding if he wanted to bring him back or even waiting to speak IN PERSON. I think that was a BS excuse put out by MDA camp and I know other posters and even sources suggested the same.

also for all the grief about the CP3 trade which I AGREE was terrible, wasn’t it TF that GOT Cp3 and committed to paying a 38 year old like 45 mil in that last year (had we kept him)? He then traded that for all those pics to commit to EVEN MORE money for Westbrook. And why? Because we all saw CP3 in that second year and it definitely loooked like he was done for good. Couldn’t get past a soul. We gambled and lost.

but who pushed for that trade too? HARDEN?
    So we hate TF for not doing everything Harden says but also for doing everything Harden said... hmm

now we hate TF because he didn’t decorate the locker room to his coaches desire?!

the mural was lame, I’ll give you that. BUT if I had just bought my hometown team and wanted a family legacy I prolly would have done something similar. These things seem so trivial to me but others find them to be the nefarious.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

TF is doing so much more to undermine this team than you even realize.

That 65 win team did not need to be dismantled, it needed to be tweaked. Even just a little bit of improvement would have prevented this 2 year spiral from championship contender to shitshow were everyone is abandoning ship.

TF is the common denominator.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

You will realize how good he is after some distance.

I hope you and I will not be pining for MDA's floor, a 4th seed in the West after all is said and done.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Harden? DM? They’re also common denominators, sir.

we won 65 and kept cp3 what did we lose? Ariza? He took a 1 yr $15mil. How could we have offered something comparable when we still felt we needed to improve especially given CP3 Health concerns going into that second year?

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’ll take the 5th seed and a Ring over a 1-4 and inevitable playoff exit. He couldn’t COACH when it mattered. Coaching is more than determining the the starting rotation and occasional substitutions. Adjustments man. That’s what makes a GOOD coach. And MDA was utterly incapable of making changes. Killed him in PHX and killed him in HOU.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

5th seed AND a ring?

Okay Nostradamus, maybe ONE of those will come true.

LOL