1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Rockets 2020 Training Camp Thread:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 6, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Persistence is a virtue.

Stop wasting time with EGo.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jesus Wall is already a fan favorite. I want Silas and Wall all the success!

BigShasta, Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Perhaps, just perhaps we Rockets fans are being a bit premature in our vilification of Harden and Tucker.

Just a thought.

5. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

So, are we gonna take Wall's word for what it's worth or keep believing random "sources" that james wants out. If wall says he's staying and has talked to james, then he's staying.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Let's just chill out here, if him and John Wall have spoken....than we'll see what happens. If John Wall says he will be here, he'll prolly be here. If they've spoken...then its different. Lets see if he shows up tonight.

D-rock likes this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

Durant ruined his rep and legacy joining the warriors, he wants to drag Harden down the same path

8. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Silas is that guy who tried to hook up with the hot chick and keep getting ignored. The ugly girl gives him alot of attention so he goes back to her all the time.

D-rock likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we are being premature. Regardless of him participating in individual work outs tonight, we have a short training camp and are already behind with him not being ready to participate in training camp as of today.

Preparation matters a lot with so many new teammates and a new coaching staff. I don't doubt James can figure it out, but the rest of his teammates are not as brilliant as he is.

Houtho, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Wall really came into this situation with the right mentality and attitude, already looking forward in seeing if he can still play at an all-star level.

If Simmons came here, he would finally play his natural position and be one of the best passing bigs in the game.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Again, I will remain optimistic.

Being positive until I hear it from James mouth that he wants out.

DreamShook, ElPigto and RocketsFido like this.
  12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Hence the following line of my statement.

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Music to my ears!

AceOfSpades and pippendagimp like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silas with the thinly-disguised Harden-is-fat dig.

Nook, psaman17 and D-rock like this.
  15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Morey didn’t sign Wood or Covington when they were in the G-league.

Morey gave those contracts to Gordon & Anderson. Then he gave Melton just to get rid of Anderson.
    Morey wanted Dwight even though Dwight never really changed his game and wanted the ball more.
    Morey wanted Bosh. That year he was out indefinitely then he had retired.
    Didn’t Morey wanted Gasol and we got him but the trade got blocked.
    He drafted Royce white

Then let Parsons walk with nothing in returned. In good faith so he could sign with us but we know what happened next. (I’m glad he didn’t stay but we got nothing back)

He pampered Harden too much, he elevated him to goat status on his eyes or opinion. And he didn’t need to he can let Harden show his skills without doing that. The media fed on this and ridiculed both Morey & Harden for those comments.
    he traded Hartenstein instead of Clemons who might get waived this year.

He traded Cp3, yes he was forced or told to but if you have some integrity you step down and move on from this cheap owner. You walk out keeping your head up & your word to that player. He excused the owner or said it was a team decision. He won’t say why he left either to cover this owner. The media says he just cares about assets or picks. I know that’s their job but he has looked bad at times.

I know these moves were part of the management team or ownership too but still Morey is the gm, the one who makes these final moves.
    He never gave Harden enough help. He got us Pat, Chandler, Dwight and Cp3 but didn’t surround the team with enough shooting. Yet all he wanted was shots from 3 and the paint.

Also he marked a target on the Rockets. Yes as in the NBA was never let us win anything with Morey. The NBA already hates ours or hated our way of playing. They came out with 1 rule in specific the Harden rule. To prevent Harden from getting more points. They always refs Harden pretty badly, calling a lot of offensive fouls and not calling enough fouls when he clearly got fouled.
    Yet Morey made it worse with his comment last year. It made it bad for the NBA but worst for us. Ofc the nba wasn’t going to allowed us to go further than we did. And even against okc it was bad. We barely won. Yes some of that was because of Mike’s lack of adjustment but when we were flowing the refs held us back. Just like against the warriors. We also could have won game won against the Lakers but that game was dictated by the refs.
    Morey is and was our Gm he knows the relationship we had with China. And even though I agree with his post. He should and he did know that tweet would have either got him fired or something else. Unless he is stupid and he didn’t know better. It just made things worst.

Let’s not forget also we missed on some trades that would have made us better or given us more depth because other GMs didn’t want to feel tricked or “fooled” like when he pulled the Harden trade.

My point is we overhype Morey and we forget all the bad moves he made. We overlooked a lot of his flaws because he got us Harden and got a really good trade.

Sorry for the rant but I see a lot of people excusing him from the Cp3 deal and other things especially on twitter

#75 cerophilik, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I sort of cringed when he said the other day that he had been in constant contact with EG. There's nothing wrong with that, EG is smart (and an all-time favorite of mine), but James is the alpha here and the one guy that absolutely must buy in.

At the end of the day though, I think Silas will weather this storm just fine.

D-rock likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. Hope is free!

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin McHale was right...

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Remember when Carlisle took the dig at Chandler Portions? Silas learned well.

D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.