1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rockets 2012 Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Convictedstupid

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
    White is not with the team and the Rockets cannot say if he will attend camp at all this week in McAllen.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man with all the rookie hype, i forgot:eek:!!! Greg Smith is huge!!
    I would love to see a Royce White, Greg Smith PF/C duo in a small ball situation.
    A line-up of:

Machado
    Lin
    Lamb
    White
    Smith

could actually do some damage!:cool::eek:

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Must be something serious...with Royce...will wait on the reports

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This is one reason why he was cut...gotta show your full game when given the opportunity.

ClutchFans.net ‏@clutchfans
    Chandler says it's "night and day" how much more confident @JLin7 is from last December when he was in Rockets camp.

[​IMG]

Lin looks in really good shape...what shoes is he wearing?

#84 RV6, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Maybe Royce just didn't want to be hazed by Parsons.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

This line-up would get demolished.

7. King Boo

King Boo Member

Do we know who everyone's rook is?

Douglas > Lamb
    Parsons > White

Is Lin's rook Machado?

8. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Owe

So cute. In one of the threads, someone says that KM met with Morey recently and was told he wouldn't be traded this year or season (forgot which).

9. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Rockets.com can learn from Knicksnow

Yeah, hate to say this but I got spoiled last season when I followed Tyson Chandler from Dallas Maverick to NY Knicks. There is a reason NY is the media capital of the world. Though we all know NYK is a highly disfunctional organization, their team site Knicksnow.com totally beats both Dallas and Houston by a hundred miles, and imo, even better than the two LA team sites. They have almost real time 24/7, instant coverage of the team and players with great writeups combined with videos, links to players' tweets, countdown to game time, the works. Oh we'll, guess that's because they are in the big market. But then again, why should that make a difference? Why Can't Houston improve the team site? All it takes is a good team of writers and web media techies.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Toney Douglas doesn't deserve a rook.

If anybody is Lamb's mentor or w/e, it would be Kevin Martin.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Honestly it has improved a lot over the last 6 years... There is a lot more information and good articles than when I first started following the rockets. There is only one writer though and he can only do so much... My suggestion is to keep mentioning things to them hat you would like to see... That's what I do :)

12. King Boo

King Boo Member

I can't find the link/thread I saw it in right now, but that's what someone said in another thread. That Lamb was Douglas' rook and White was Parsons'.

I agree that Martin definitely seems like a better option, though it might be awkward having your mentor suddenly traded before/during the season.

13. trowa

trowa Member

looks like no love for terrence jones? :/

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>DMo lost 10 lbs today after 2 practices! Said he felt like he just had a baby!</p>&mdash; Matt Bullard (@bull50) <a href="https://twitter.com/bull50/status/253336011013230592" data-datetime="2012-10-03T03:29:46+00:00">October 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

Yeah, I agree. The volume is kinda low on some of the videos and some of the pics I've seen they've taken aren't very flattering (sorry to say this, but I can even take better pics). Hopefully as the season progresses, there's even more media coverage and with that a more media friendly and savvy team site.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Clutch, any info on what the team is doing to pass the time, during their off time? Maybe you can catch them hanging out?

#97 RV6, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  17. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

Sorry I wasn't clear - I was actually referring to the Rockets.com. No complaints about Clutchfans - so far, a great site, informative posts by most members (both old and new), and one of the best parts, an admin who has access to the Rockets.

As for Rockets.com, yes, this site does parallel the structure of Knicks.com. Knicks.com, however, feeds into a separate site which you checked out - Knicksnow.com. Not sure who it's funded by, but this one is more streamlined and has more media gadgets than probably most team sites - including having all the aspects that TC777JLIN168 mentioned and other goodies which just makes for easier viewing and, in general, a more interesting experience for the fan.

A more impressive and media friendly site is not a must-have, but I think going in this direction would complement what the Rockets are doing now with the implementation of the new scoreboard, as they eye the upcoming 2013 NBA All-Star Game (and perhaps the expected increased fan base and media coverage).

18. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Probably his own shoe... he is signed to Nike...

19. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

The angle of that picture, Lin's arms looks huge and buffed.