1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official Rocket Hero] Kenny Smith Appreciation Thread/Education

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 17, 2007.

1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

He's laughing his ass off now.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Actually Luther Head has a 3pt percentage of 42%. But that's OK, don't let that keep you from strutting around your apartment in Kenny Smith-branded underwear.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, how many years has Luther head played and how many shots has he taken?

who owns the NBA finals record for 3 pointers?

you know who the Houston Rockets are? why did they let Utah fans on here like you?

4. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

JE_P_RDE
    IS N_T
    A R_AL
    R_CK_TS
    F_N

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

SCRUB?!?!?!? :mad: Scrub. SCRUB? :mad:

6. mlwoo

I just talked to my coworker(the guy on the left) and he said Kenny was a jerk when he was on Wheel of Fortune with him.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

did they lose? who'd they lose to?

8. mlwoo

They lost because Kenny is r****ded.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

this has to be your friend's fault. how can they lose to Carmelo and Baron Davis???
    [​IMG]

10. tinman

Supporting Member

ok,
    it looks like they lost to some smart asian girl from Golden State. she's probably smarter than your friend and all the nba players combined. probably goes to Berkley on a scholarship.
    [​IMG]

#130 tinman, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

tinny baby

You = Homer

[​IMG]

:p

12. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

tinman is demonstrating what happens when you cross the line between a good healthy respect for the past and a total obsession that's getting creepy at this point.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

the haters are demonstrating what happens when you know nothing about the Rockets organization.

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

give 'em hell Tinman!

Kenny Smith is a legend, who was pure gold for real Rocket fans.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tinman keep up the good fight!

I'm with you Kenny Smith is a Rockets hero and I don't care about his TNT shtick. After game 1 of the 1995 finals he will always have a place in the Rockets pantheon. :D

16. tinman

Supporting Member

That's right, its his perogative like Bobby Brown said!

Kenny can do whatever he wants to do, he ALREADY DID what we NEEDED HIM to do!
    So if he ranks the Rockets lower than the NBA Champions or teams with better records than us, fine.
    If he thinks Kobe is better than Tmac cause Kobe has won more championships, fine.
    If he sucks at Wheel of Fortune and and the dude from Houston got smashed by some super smart Asian chick from California, that's fine too!

Kenny will always be a hero when he walks the streets of Houston, Austin, Dallas, New York, New Orleans, Sacramento, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, Los Angeles, Baghdad, Mexico City, Paris, Milan, Tokyo, Lagos, Atlanta, Bombay, Brussels, Auckland, and every city in the rest of the world!

Kenny FOREVER
    Haters..NEVER

#136 tinman, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  17. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

Ulg, NO. I don't have any problem with Kenny Smith. Not with what he did when he was in a Rockets uni, not with what he does or says now. The problem I have is instead of intelligent discussion about the Rockets today, we spend time arguing over a person who is no-doubt a "Rockets legend."

If you want to have a beer or other cool beverage with me and talk about how great the Rockets were in the 80's and 90's, fine, it sounds like a good time. It's not a discussion worthy of the GARM today, right now. Not when a season with opportunities for new legends is just about to begin.

Long story short, I'm not here to hate you and I'm defenitly not hating on The Jet. I just see the point of legend discussions when there is so much news to talk about.
    (Besides, I was more of a Maxwell guy. ;) )

18. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

And I hate being a rook without edit...

19. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah its not worth discussing, that's why this thread gets like 3000 hits.
    there are people who are hating on the Jet and leaking their hate towards his Rocket days like they had some bad diarrhea from eating leftovers at cheap Indian buffet.

Bless you if you are Maxwell guy. you are a chosen one by God himself!

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dude he doesn't just work on TNT. He does the color commentary for the knicks, right? I saw the away game on league pass and he was hating and saying stupid stuff all game long.

He kept comparing Yao to Eddy, as if they are on the same level. He disregarded Yao's great Ft shooting and said that it should be expected. How come othe big men cant shoot ft's like Yao?

I believe he even got into how Shaq is more dominant, blah, blah, blah

He definitely helped us win those rings. However, his commentary on the Rockets and anything in general is not the greatest.