1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] [ROBERT REICH] Liz Cheney for President 2024 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 13, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

She stood by democracy by hosting Tucker Carlson's show for a night and bootlicking for Donald Trump.

ROCKSS and jiggyfly like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How can you mention Gabbard and Manchin in the same breath?

I don't see how they are near the same nor Romney or McCain, Gabbard was all aboard the Democratic train until she decided to run for president.

What principled stand did she take while being a member of the house?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Taken over by a man cult lmao once trump is gone he’s gone ,…next man up - The Republican Party is far from a cult- Many Republicans can feel like hey it’s wrong how he’s being treated compared to the other side that mishandled classified information But at the same time also feel completely fine with someone else …that’s not a cult - I would think of someone with military experience you would have more respect for someone who’s willing to stand up against a party rather than a single person that’s more honorable and that’s why I respect Tulsi so much

#163 ROXRAN, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  4. ROXRAN

I’m sure she also likes to hold the Democrat party accountable and be willing to stand up to what she feels is nonsensical

5. ROXRAN

The people were the deciders not the party as far as Liz Cheney goes… Liz stopped listening to her constituencies so of course they fired her ..

6. ROXRAN

I’m sure it’s blown up for both sides to be honest and you’ll have someone say well it’s not the same thing because of blah blah blah from one side and then the other side can say the same thing from a different perspective it’s just different perspectives and we all have different opinions and different perspectives which is completely fine and everyone thinks they are right

Nook likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The people were Republicans. It was a Republican primary. The Republican leadership removed her from her leadership position. Liz was being a leader. If the people told her to ignore the attack or even support the attack on Democracy like they wanted, she would be wrong for listening to them.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. ROXRAN

OK I got you I thought it was people that were voting that were involved as far as people not politicians if that’s the case regardless there is the fact there is a disconnect from the state she’s supposed to be representing and the people obviously

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is an entirely meaningless statement without context.

What are the values of the party relative to the opposition? What are the values of the leader relative to the opposition?

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, there is a disconnect. We agree. The problem is that the area they disconnect on is supporting Democracy and counting the votes that were cast. She believes in Democracy, the constitution, and counting people's votes. The people who voted for the election denier over Cheney don't believe in those things.

That's why there's a problem.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How did she stop listening to her constituents if she voted with Trump 95% of the time?

So the rule of law does not matter as long as that's what the constituents want?

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. ROXRAN

I think they indeed support democracy but the feeling is the particulars of the weaponization of the DOJ - people don’t buy that Trump planned a coup and had a master plan all along,…there is still concern over mail in votes that is fine - what isn’t fine is to act like fools and give ammo to the democrats on Jan 6 - no one is condoning riot Jan 6 behavior- but I don’t to see it as anything beyond a riot - trump never said he invade the capital and tear things up …the charade is not necessary- people see the FBI with a bad and biased record of going after trump - that’s the problem , it’s not about democracy it’s whether this would hold water on the other shoe ..

13. ROXRAN

My disconnect with Liz is putting a vendetta ahead of fairness and listening to why her constituents feel the way they do - when politicians stop listening they lose out

14. ROXRAN

Depends on your opinion and perspective. Do research and form an opinion - Don’t be lazy

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What you say might be true if Cheney's opponent wasn't an election denier.

Anyone who has followed the evidence knows that Trump was planning to not leave power over a long period of time. There were numerous plans and research done including about how to make the President Elect not come from a vote from the people at all but from a vote by congressional members only. And not each congressional member would get a vote. It would be voted on my each state. That is the only for Trump to hold on power. There are minutes and notes from meetings prior to January 6th. Trump and his team plotted how to make this happen. In addition to their plan to have the military seize voting machines, replace the AG, etc. This is all in evidence and it isn't evidence by Never-Trumpers, or Democrats. This is all from evidence from Trump's staff, lawyers, and sworn testimony.

Honestly people who haven't watched the Jan. 6th hearings are missing a lot.

Liz Cheney herself voted AGAINST IMPEACHMENT the first time. She wasn't sold on going after Donald Trump. That did change and for good reason.

16. ROXRAN

You seem to be missing some details besides the spelling or grammatical errors there… A lot of things you’re saying is coming from sources that said or they said it came from and then we don’t have actual names it seems like a lot of loose strings to be honest with you and from what I read Trump asked whether they could … This is not about planning it’s about him asking the attorney general whether something is legal because he has valid concerns,… You have to remember this is the first time the mail in ballot process was used to the extent it was ,… this wasn’t a routine voting situation ….. And a reasonable person could say man this situation could be abused - And it’s certainly OK to question the validity or to question ,..

When I have a email saying a African prince wants to send me $6 million I’m going to consider my suspicions..
    hey could this be circumvented could this be abused that’s not breaking democracy. PS I’m not coming down on you for Grammar or spelling errors- lord knows I’m guilty

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My disconnect with your position -- Was Trump directing a raucous and violent mob towards the Capitol building on January 6th to disrupt the election being fair? Is choosing not to investigate potentially unlawful efforts to undermine our democratic elections being fair? No to both.

#177 durvasa, Aug 19, 2022
  18. ROXRAN

Why is it only Trump is being investigated it seems I mean that’s what it appears when you have politicians like Liz Cheney getting miraculously rich overnight…same as Pelosi - Insider trading maybe perhaps who knows what the point is we could investigate everything in the world but it only seems like investigation happens against one side versus the other that’s what I’m saying
    https://youtube.com/shorts/UapnqVRQ62E?feature=share

19. ROXRAN

Also given the failures of the DOJ as far as the Russian investigation, political biased agents…there is a taint from the federal government and it’s not just on Trump

20. ROXRAN

https://highlandcountypress.com/Con...redited-Trump-Russia-investigation/2/20/82601

[The sham and embarrassing hurricane crossfire version of the FBI - DOJ has no leg to stand on]

Although the former head of Crossfire Hurricane, Peter Strzok, was fired after the disclosure of his vitriolic anti-Trump tweets, several members of his team remain working in the counterintelligence unit, the sources say, even though they are under active investigation by both Durham and the bureau's disciplinary arm, the Office of Professional Responsibility. The FBI declined to respond to questions about any role they may be taking in the Mar-a-Lago case.

…Why would any remaining team member of crossfire hurricane be allowed to Be involved in anything Mar A Largo is beyond me…

#180 ROXRAN, Aug 19, 2022