1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Revenge of the Sith thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fya, May 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Size does matter...

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I have wait almost 30 years to see the lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obi Wan...it delivered!!!

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Ahhhhhh, I thought I downloaded Revenge of the Sith yesterday over the internet, but in the first scene it had a some guy stroking his schlong. Turned out to be the full length Paris Hilton sex tape video. I didn't know that there was more to the video than just the nightvision stuff.

I saw ROTS in the theaters yesterday in the theaters and it was definately the best of the prequels. In reality there was no need for the first two because I saw everything that I wanted to see in ROTS.

4. Falcons Talon

The one think I didn't like was how easily Anakin turned to the dark side. Looking back over all the prequels, it can be justified, but the whole "turning" seemed so anticlimactic. Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the whole saber battle scene, but Anakin's actual turn.

Oh, and the "NOOOOOOOOoooo"...I mean c'mon...he crushes everything around him, but comes out with "NOOOoooo" That scene looked like it belonged in a Burger King commercial...{zoom on Vaders face "You're out of onion rings? {zoom out to full body shot}NOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!

Something I just caught while watching Ep 4.
    When Luke and Obi Wan first meet, Obi Wan tells Luke
    "I haven't gone by the name of Obi-Wan since before you were born" IIRC Yoda continues to address him as Obi Wan after Luke is born.

#104 Falcons Talon, May 20, 2005
    Last edited: May 20, 2005
  5. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Did you see "The Clone Wars"? It was an animated series that fills in a bunch of details between Episode II and III, it's a must see in my opinion. Anyways, Mace Windu uses the force like crazy in there when just he and Yoda take on the droid army in Corisant. He takes out waves of droids at a time, very cool.

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

so glad i saw this, by the way. leads into so much between ep. 2 and ep. 3.

going tonight!!! my son came leaping into my bedroom this morning singing, "Star Wars tonight!!! Star Wars tonight!!!" I was getting dressed for work. Unfortunately for my wife, she was still asleep in bed! But not long afer! :)

7. Falcons Talon

That's so cool. I am debating whether or not to take my 4 and 5 year old. In my heart, I really want to, but I'm just not sure...of course, I'll probably cave and take them.

8. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I wouldn't recommend it. There are alot of disturbing scenes and images that I would not want my son seeing(if he were 4 or 5. I could see maybe taking an 8 year old, but probably not younger than that.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

as i've said before...it just depends on your child. you know them better than anyone. there are 10 year olds i would not take to this film. there are younger kids who can handle it easily, with a clear distinction between reality and fantasy. all depends on the kid. i've made it a point to talk about what we'll be seeing for weeks...talking about good/evil for real in the world...and preparing him for the violence. knowing my son, i have no doubt he'll be fine with it. i wouldn't say that about my nephew, though...who is about 7 years older than him.

11. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

The film is just as violent if not MORE violent than "The Kingdom of Heaven" (Rated R) minus the blood. No one really seems to bleed in Star Wars, but heads still get lopped off as well as other limbs frequently. :)

The part where he killed younglings!!!:eek:

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

dunno if it was mentioned, but did anybody notice that this was the ONLY movie that was PG-13 between all 6 movies?

13. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

The first 3 moves were all before the creation of the PG-13 rating in 1984. Jedi was released in 83.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My biggest Issue:

After 18~20 some odd years
    Vader fighting Luke seems about the same power level
    as Vader Fighting Obi Won . . in this one

I don't see where vader became a bigger badass under Sidious
    than
    when he was a jedi. . . .
    this GREAT POWER of Vader never seems to materialize

Great parallel
    Vader defeating DooKU - and the Emperor urging him to kill him
    Luke Defeating Vader - the emperor urging him to Kill

Rocket River

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

good call, but dunno if the original trilogy would be at risk of getting a PG-13 rating.

17. ricky-retardo

ricky-retardo Contributing Member

I did the same thing. I thought I was going to see a bootleg copy and then bam, schlong. Anyways my review. One Night in Paris is the best movie ever.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The first two movies offered up several questions that, IMO, are now plotholes. Lucas, Rick McCollum, and other SW heads had a "all your questions will be answered" stance for SW3, and I don't believe they backed it up.

The main two things:

-->The biggest thing that irritated me was the "force ghost" explanation. Yoda "hears" QGJ in AOTC while meditating when Anakin slaughters the sandpeople. This is all 'cleared up' when Yoda tells Obi-Wan about Qui-Gon and that they will have some training to do. WTF? How much of a patch job was that? First off, we never saw QGJ as a force ghost, so how did Yoda and Obi-Wan figure out how to do it? Second, and more importantly, HOW DOES ANAKIN KNOW HOW TO DO IT IN ROTJ? I smell a classic case of "figure out something to say and wedge it in at the last minute"

-->The Sifo-Dyas mystery. Sifo-Dyas or someone posing as such ordered the clones and hid the planet on the Jedi archives ("only a Jedi could have done this"). Obviously Sidious was behind it, and Dooku likely participated since he was a former Jedi, but this was never revealed. Sifo-Dyas, according to OB1, died at around the time of the Phantom Menace and presumably just before/after the clones were ordered. It's not a major thing, but what exactly happened?

It was little things like this, not the basic happenings of the movie, nearly all of which was already common knowledge.

Evan

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

One of the other things that was not directly presented in the movie but was supposed to have been:

The force is centered in living things. Emphasized when Lucas had the bad idea to introduce the midi-chlorian (based on mitochondria) concept in the Phantom Menace. Anakin starts off with the highest ever, even more than Yoda (and Palpatine).

As the movies progress and his limbs get chopped off one by one, so does his ability to harness the force. By the time he's half bionic and in the suit, he's far less powerful than the Emperor and any thoughts of overthrowing him are out the window until he meets up with his (intact) son. It's also why Luke, who would have had his butt handed to him by anyone in these prequels, was able to tear him apart in ROTJ..

Empire would very likely get a PG-13 rating today.

Evan

20. Falcons Talon

I agree that Luke is a watered down Jedi knight. I think some of the younglings would've handed him his butt...but then I don't think he was ever meant to be considered one of the most powerful jedi...It is seems to be a growing belief that the Return of the Jedi title was not meant to be a description of Luke becoming a Jedi, but a decription of the chosen ones return to the Jedi Order.