1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Revenge of the Sith thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fya, May 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

They both look way older than 18.. but I guess "18" in the 70's is different from "18" in 2005

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I was always under the impression that Episode I is 50 years prior to IV, then 10 years goes by (for sure) and Ep. II is 40 years before IV, another 10 years (for sure) which makes Ep. III 30 years before IV. Luke and Leia look like they are in their 30's when we see them, and Obi Wan most certainly looks to be in his 60's - so I'm pretty sure there's 30 years between III and IV.

3. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

So what was the great "last line" of the movie that was such a big secret????

<Spoiler>

When Anakin was told the lie that he killed Padme???

The last line to me was when Yoda told Obi Wan that Qui Gon would train him on Tatoine???:confused: Big Whoop!

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Work took us to see it today. The bad thing was you know how the movie ends, your just waiting for it to happen.

5. rockets-#1

After seeing Ep. III, I'm going back and watching the originals again. Compared to III, mannnn IV sucks. I'm not saying A New Hope is bad, but it's not even close to Revenge of the Sith. For example, there was one lightsabre duel, and it was soooo bad compared to the stuff seen in I through III. I'm gonna watch Empire Strikes Back soon - I'm gonna get it fresh in my memory and determine if III is better than it - yes, Revenge of the Sith is that good.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

my preference:

1. ESB
    2. ROTJ
    3. ROTS
    4. ANH
    5. PM
    6. AOTC

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Preference for me goes:

1. ROTS
    2. ESB
    3. ANH
    4. ROTJ
    5. PM
    6. AOTC

Yes,...I just put Sith as the best. The best parts included the plot (believe it or not) Ian deserves much credit. It was both sick, wicked and impressive the way Palpatine manipulates Anakin towards being Darth Vader...

The fight scene with Anakin and Dooku suggested Palpatine sensed his goal of having a more powerful apprentice (to the surprise of Dooku himself) realized...Palpatine's dark story about himself during the bubble show impressed me and revealed his background which I didn't even think about...His only motivation is more and more power.

Even Darth Vader suggested his eventual goal of replacing the Emporer towards the end...The beat goes on due to the cycle...

Vader is so blinded by trying to do the wrong things for the right reasons, that you feel nearly sorry for him...

The ending battle on the volcanic planet between Obi-wan and Darth Vader blew me away! Epic is a word tossed around a lot, but the ending puts it away better than I expected!....Yoda like it was put earlier seems to sell so much better in the fight with Palpatine...wow!...

Every Star Wars movie has irk parts,...this one included...but from start to finish...Revenge of the Sith has too much of a good thing about it to take a back seat to any of the other ones...

#87 ROXRAN, May 19, 2005
    Last edited: May 19, 2005
  8. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

me too. :D :D :D

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I feel it was meant, Darth couldn't win because even if Obi-wan was defeated...his death would only inspire and focus Luke Skywalker so much more...

Obi-wan could "help" Luke in ways not possible when alive as an old man...Examples included the Hoth planet situation or ensuring Luke realizes the virtues of the force at the right time (Death Star destruction)

Obi-wan truly became more powerful than Darth could imagine...from a certain point of view, of course...

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Oh my f*ck*ng gawd....

Yoda is officially the most badass dude in movie history...

11. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Saw it Tuesday night - really really enjoyed it.

12. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

it sucked.

:(

13. rockets-#1

How can you say that. You must have had the most unrealistic expectations of anyone on the planet. Essentially you're saying the whole series sucks because it's anywhere in the top 1-3.

14. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Wow. That's all I got say.

This movie has taken the whole series up to another level and for me comes a close second behind Empire... hopefully it'll stay that way after many, many, many repeat viewings.

I love this thinking and is something I never even considered but makes so much sense. I know I've read Lucas talking about the whole Star Wars saga is about the journey of Anakin Skywalker, which gives even more depth to the title of Ep VI. Return of the Jedi doesn't just refer to the Jedis as a whole returning from exile, or Luke's emergence...but could refer to THE Jedi..the chosen one...finding himself..the goodness in him and what he once was...again. The Return of the Jedi is the "return of Anakin." Anyways I just think that's pretty cool.

Aside from two awful pieces of dialogue at the end (which hopefully will be cut or altered for the DVD)...this movie was unbelievable. I hate to see the Saga...for the most part..coming to an end.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

when he just walks in and slams those two dudes against the wall, that was awesome. both great and humorous for how tough they thought they were being.

which makes me wonder, why don't they use the force more often? do you have to build it up? like obi-wan against grievous. at one point he knocks him back pretty good with the force but then doesn't use it again. the only time they seem to really use it is to get their light sabers back. i can understand when going against another jedi or sith b/c they would be equal but why even fight the droids and stuff? just blast them? they don't seem to be the equal of say neo in the matrix who can essentially do anything he wants to any number of people at once.

and why do both yoda and obi-wan try to pull themselves up over ledges they are clinging to? they can't just do some "force" thing and whip themselves back up on land? and how come they don't know how to save themselves from long falls? shouldn't the emperor have enough powers for when vader throws him down than huge ass hole/tunnel in ROTJ? oh well.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i loved this movie i would say the best after empire imo.

r2 still provided some lighter moments in the movie and yoda was simply spectacular. "Friend of the Wookies I am"

the one thing that hurt the movie was the absolute lack of chemistry between natalie portman and hayden christiansen. pretty much every line seemed rough and it wasnt a smooth dialogue between them. somthing else that bugs me was that in the first movie anakin was a real little kid and padme a young queen but then she remains the same (at least in looks) and he grows up and in this movie she still calls him Ani like he was a little kid. i dunno i dont know the supposed ages of the two in the films but i figure the age gap between the two has to be at least 5 years. its just a personal thing i guess everytime i see them i think how could this person at the age of lets say 14 fall in love and marry like a kid that was 8 or 9.

the visuals were simply stunning but i think it was a bit much at times. during the obi-wan grievious saber fight there was so much vibrant light back and forth i couldnt see how obi wan did the stuff he did to grievious.

gonna see it again this weekend at an imax and may download that workprint leaking around the internet unless a better quality telecine is released

18. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

Since watching it this afternoon, I've been more affected than I thought that I would. When I first saw Star Wars as a kid, I was too young to really appreciate the story, especially the details. I was just more entertained by the actioned and the cute creatures and funny parts. Anyway, without really getting a good understanding of the story, I came away from the movies knowing one thing - Darth Vader was truly evil.

After so many years, this movie really brought out the humanity of Darth Vader and made me have sympathy for the character. I was never a Star Wars junkie, but because of the time of my life that Star Wars has been there, I have been affected deeply by this movie and the tragedy of Annekin Skywalker.

My biggest problem with the movie besides the cheesy parts that I have been mentioned numerous times is that I can't understand how two human beings can fight two feet above flowing lava. There are many times in the Star Wars movies that the laws of physics seemed to be bypassed in an artistic license sort of way, but I just couldn't understand how they could make the fight scenes so close to the lava.

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

well, apparently the movie made 16.5 million just on the midnight showings, which is a record. and they say advanced ticket orders have picked up in the last day and are now out 6 tickets per second. that's up from 4 per second earlier in the week. i want something to knock spiderman from the biggest weekend ever perch (though i was glad it knocked harry potter out) so hopefully sith does it. but i'm thinking the midnight showing and starting on thursday will make it hard for friday-sunday to be as big as possible.

20. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

if yoda's so tough, how come he cant beat the emperor?