1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Revenge of the Sith thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fya, May 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Yeah, its the scene on Dagobah where Luke is taking off

Obi Won: That boy was our last hope.

Yoda: No, there is another.

I don't think they are just twisting things....Obi Won was in the presence of Luke, he began to teach him. He felt the power of Luke. Its what he knew. Yoda just knows more. Even before he met Luke, he had watched him all his life. Watched as Luke was impatient...and always looked to the stars and the future.

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I really liked and appreciated everything you said from "You could feel the hate" and on downwards. Good stuff, all great points.

SPOILER!!! (kinda)

I'm just thinking back to the movie.... man, Mace Windu really got messed up. Ha... Just flung out the window like a sack of potatos before a long, long fall...

3. lost_elephant

We knew they are twins.

In Return of the Jedi we heard this

Luke: Yoda spoke of another.

Obi Won: The other he spoke was your twin sister.

Luke: But I have no sister.

Obi Won [Paraphrase] To protect you both, you two were separated and hidden. If the Emperor knew of any offspring...they were threats.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Her part in this movie was so ridiculously stale and small it almost made me mad.. cause natalie is that hot. Her dialogue in the beginning of the movie was yawn worthy, but her final words to anakin were actually very well acted I thought.

And what really ticked me off about Vader's reaction to Padme's death was not just the stupid cheesy "nooooo!!!!!" but the fact that if he really loved Padme, and she was ALL that he was loyal to, then why didn't he turn to Darth Sidious and kill his punk ass for making him kill his wife basically? That kind of confused me.. Darth is a tempermental fellow, and whenever he's pissed off somebody usually dies for it.. not to mention the only reason he chose to follow Sidious was for the power to prevent Padme from dying.. so if she's dead, what use is he then?

Also, what was up with Obi Wan's "training" on Tattooine? Something about being able to communicate with Qui-Gon? That didn't make much sense to me in terms of episode IV. Can someone please explain that to me?

5. lost_elephant

Remember in the first trilogy....even though Obi Won "dies" on the Death Star....he is still a prevalent character throughout. Such as his instructions when Luke was freezing on Hoth, or when he tells Luke how Darth Vader did kill his father from his certain point of view in ROTJ after Yoda "dies". He becomes one with the force. Even in death...he is alive. At the end of ROTJ we see Obi Won, Yoda, and Anakin watching over Luke as they celebrate on the Endor moon.

Edit:

Also, how you refer to him going to the Darkside to learn how to keep Padme alive....its wierd how through training on the lightside that one may transcend death. I bet the definition of Sidious in the Sith tongue means deception. He was wrong....about a great many things.

#45 lost_elephant, May 19, 2005
    Last edited: May 19, 2005
  6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

i agree with you on the first part. i was actually expecting darth sidious to say something along the lines of "obi wan was responsible for padme's death." i think it would have made better sense.

as for the second part, what he means is that there's a way to communicate with someone after they've died -- like obi wan does with luke after he dies.

7. DonnyMost

Ah. Yeah, I remember him communicating with Luke throughout the trilogy, I just didn't know that's what he was training to do..

"If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah, but that can be taken to mean so many things...

ok so i guess was i wrong. i guess i just missed the "twin" before sister.

9. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

MAN that was great. I watch Ep 1 and 2 before watching Ep 3. Going to watch ANH, TESB, and ROTJ tomorrow after work.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

That line was horrible, I agree, way too cheesy and the only bad part of the Vader birth thing.

As far as what Sidious said, he told Vader that it seemed 'in his anger', that Vader had killed Padme. In other words, there's no turning back for Vader. She was the only thing that (at that time) could still reach the good in him, and he himself had turned on her. His change was complete; no reason to fight anything anymore.

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

My buddy brought in a DVD with a workprint of ROTS (pretty good for a bootleg, although there are numbers at the top). I just watched the first 10 minutes, and I gotta say, I'm impressed. Now, do I watch the movie on my flight to L.A. this weekend... or wait to see it in the theater? Decisions, decisions.

12. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

My Spoilerish Nitpicks:

-Yeah, the "NOOOO" thing could have been cut, and the scene stilll would of have worked. Just show him seething.
    -No reason to say that she "lost the will to live." It weakens the emotional impact of Anakin contributing to her death. More tragic if he's the direct cause.
    -The "adoption" line pisses me off to no end. It kills an otherwise great, great scene.

on the other hand....
    I looooooooooove that Vader is now a much, much more interesting character. Think about it. Up until the bitter end, he really thought that he was doing the right thing. Loyal to the Republic. Loyal to Padme. I love that in his mind, truly, the Jedi betrayed his republic. Now when I think of the Vader in Episodes IV, V, and VI, I think of him in a new light. And his redemption in "Jedi" is now infinitely more meaningful.

13. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

LOL. My entire Star Wars life, I've always wondered what the f**k Obi-Wan meant by "more powerful than you can possibly imagine." I mean, really, after he dies, what does he do that's so powerful? Communicate with Luke?

Um, can't you do that with a walkie-talkie?

14. droxford

droxford Member

How does Ep III begin?
    What does the opening epliogue say, and what is the opening scene?

(I watched Clone Wars and am interested to know if there's any overlap, or if there's stuff that happened between, etc.)

15. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

It starts off with

"WAR! HUNH! Good god ya'll! What it is a-good for...absolutely nothing!"

:p

Don't lie, you were all thinking the same thing. :p

16. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

It needs to be reiterated: for those of you debating whether or not go see this (possibly because the letdown of I & II), IT DOES NOT DISSAPOINT! This movie is anywhere in the range from 1-3 best Star Wars films of all six. Even if you are a little dissapointed, you will have an overall good feeling after leaving this one.

17. DonnyMost

I started singing that as soon as i read that on the screen at the theatre!

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i havent even seen ROTS, but I have this thought I need to share.

for those that have seen all 6 installments, going back and knowing what you know, seeing Anakin transform into Vader, consider the titles of the last Star Wars film, "The Return of the Jedi"

could this be the return of Darth Vader to the good side?? the return of Anakin Skywalker to his family??

hmmmmmm......

19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Wow, awesome thought. I never looked at it like that but I sure like it.

20. DonnyMost

I really REALLY want to see the little animated movies that bridge the gaps between the prequels and especially between eps 3 and 4 now..