1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Redskins @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2006.

1. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

How can I possibly be wrong wanting the Texans to score double digits? Shouldn't I want that? Especially if the Skins never score? Wow, drama king. Hey Mavs, I'm a chick. ;)

2. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Well, I for one appreciate Swoly's passion. It gets so damn depressing reading all the negative, whining b****ing posts.

That said, although I haven't seen Wash play, I think Texans have a much better chance to win this game than the first two. Playing in Indy was brutal. If they hadn't gotten off to such a horrible start, they could have been competitive.

The biggest thing with the defense, right now is to get pressure on the qb. That would make the secondary look much better. I think Texans will find a way to do that, soon. Look for the DL to have a better game against the Skins.

The running game has some positive things to build on. I look for that to improve this week. A running game helps Carr immeasureably. More Dayne and Gado and less Lundy, although I think he will be a good back. Look for Daniels to see more more balls thrown his way.

I think the only way the Texans don't have a chance to win this game is if Carr has a dog**** performance. That's possible, but I doubt it. I can already see results of Kubes coaching in the 1st two games.

3. My Lund

My Lund Member

Nothing wrong in wanting the Texans to score double digits, but as to whether they will score double digits that is a big BIG "IF"!!! Personally I am expecting a 9-3 Texans victory.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

hatemavs4life, I respect you. But you're cutting it close and I had ALMOST welcomed you to my ignore list. Yes, I disagree with anyone who says the Texans won't win. Why do YOU have to keep telling me to stop it? If I come in here saying "welcome to my ignore list", so be it. The Texans will win this one, b*tches.

Edit: Moe, welcome to my BUDDY list. (bonus for hatemavs4life) :D

5. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

I agree with you on this. I simply thought you were over the top rippin on that dude. Already posted my take. Texans 21, Skins 13. I'm anxious to see Carr continue his progression, the D actually give us a showing and I havent gotten a taker on my opinion but I think Gado is going to be a monster for us. I guess we will just see about that though wont we? :cool:

6. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

Cut? From the team? Which team am I on? ;)

7. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

The Houston Texans are the NFL's doormat. As much as Ill root for the Texans I know Washington will finally break out.. Get ready for a loong boring season Texans fans...

8. timwalters

timwalters Member

if you want Adrian Peterson then Texans need to lose...but, Texans make a name for themselves for putting skins out of reach for playoffs and espn is stunned -->

texans 24
    skins 17

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

rooting for them to lose so they can pick the right guy in the draft is no longer an option...for lots of reasons.

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Are you saying what I think you are saying?

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that i don't trust them to draft the right guy?

that i HATE feeling like i need to root against my team so that we can lock up a better draft pick?

that i feel like the texans need about 10 quality players in order to turn this thing around, so that first round pick is just a small part of the puzzle?

12. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

I definitely agree with this. This is a loser's mentality. If AP is available at our draft slot, so be it but just cheering for the Texans to crater to maximize their draft slot is not acceptable. Pinning your hopes on one guy does not a champion make.

13. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Texans wont draft Peterson because they fear he will miss 2 training camp practices :p

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

This game concerns me because we don't know what we are dealing with in the Redskins. Are they going to be the team we've seen the first two weeks - because the Texans might have a shot against that team - or are they going to be the team they were expected to be, with a healthy Portis and a solid D.

If they are still the Skins of the last two weeks, we have a good chance. If Portis' return rejuvenates this team; we could be in trouble.

Luckily Brunell looks like crap out there. I don't know that that will change.

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I'll be pulling for the Texans.

But, washington wins this one 24-7

16. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

wrong, Texans win this one :rolleyes:

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

this could be a win for the Texans, unless the Texans revert back to being the Texans.

18. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Dude, why in the world do you think that the Texans would draft Adrian Peterson in the first round (and possibly with the first pick) when they didn't draft Bush? I would be shocked if Kubiak ever took a RB in the first round.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm going Texans 17 to 13 over the Skins and Mario Williams gets two sacks. I think our team is better than it's looked.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's too early to root for the Texans to lose. Give it until week 8. ;)