1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Reds @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

You are not a fair person, and even when people attack me you keep quite, but any chance you have to say something bad about me, you are there to support your buddies.
    I only talk about baseball, i never get personal agains anyone, others are, and you know something, i am USUALLY RIGHT WITH MY COMMENTS.
    So, been usually right, post about baseball, not attacking any member, well, except one that i am only "defending me" that is a reason to get banned????
    So is a sin to say 100 times that Devenski should pitch more???? Really? Wow, is that really USA? Now i see why Trump has a real chance to win the elections, for people like you.
    Dude, i have like 10 guys in my ignore list because they attacked me and you DID NOTHING. You are the person with "power" and responsibility to protect people, and you don't, and instead you take sides with the bullies, and police patrol that instead of using the ignore button, as i have try to quiete people by attacking or getting personal.
    So my friend, don't worry, i will not post anymore because i don't want to be a part of a forum with such a weak person that is unable to protect people that only talk baseball, even if in a tone that you don't like.
    And my friend, if you think i am a troll then is funny, but a guy with english as a second language has more knowledge of that word than you are.

Bye

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This, 100%

3. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

Well, I guess that solves that matter.....

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Gomez getting it going at the plate has made a big difference. Playing all the LHP lately helps too cause Marwin a good 2 hole hitter vs lefties.

Outside of the Rangers fiasco, it's a heck of a run we have been on. Just keep winning series and we will be ok

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Stros have risen to 6th in ERA, 4.01

6. The Beard

April was just so bad it makes the overall numbers look worse than they will likely be moving forward still. 6th in the AL isn't bad

But In June we are 2nd in the AL, and 4th in all of baseball. In May we were 4th in the AL

The excellence of our pen is the key to it all, for the season only KC, Baltimore and the Dodgers have a better bullpen ERA

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

So many things made April crappy.. poor performances and bad luck... some of it leaked into May.

Meanwhile, Rangers lucky asses are 20 above .500 while only being +42 run diff. BOS is 10 games up, with +83. SEA is 3 games over, with +54

In the end, advancing farthest in the playoffs is what really matters, but it's not good seeing them on top. Half the Rangers run diff is against us.... smh

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah....that pesky month of April. Quite often the Astros bane of existence over the course of their history. (except for last year).

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Man... castrated drama after a game win and series win?

What happened yesterday??? (that escalated quickly gif)

Anyways, there are other Astros forums for anybody to go to.... I can't imagine this place was becoming more enjoyable for him (despite his incessant/increasing post counts)... so its probably a win-win for both sides.

While I don't really look for bans or anything drastic... he wasn't really contributing anything except incessant b****ing, second-guessing, retrospection-type analysis (the worst possible type of analysis), and really only chiming in during losses or when things were at their worst. I can't imagine anybody will *miss* that sort of poster.

I agree, that's what the ignore function is for... but when his posts permeate every thread, and come in rapid-fire succession, it makes the whole thread worthless.

10. The Beard

Yea it's pretty crazy...sucks looking up at them and being 11 back

Record for both teams excluding head to head games

Rangers 36-24
    Astros 33-27

They still have a better record, but not by much. Luckily we don't play them again until September, and who knows what either team will be like by that point.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I'll take it even further in saying I believe people on here get pleasure from bullying him. If he irritates posters so bad put him on freakin ignore. Its far worse, more abusive posters on here who like to name call and take it to a personal level. Banning this particular poster for just being passionate would be weak.

12. PokeJ

PokeJ Member

Ranger fan First time poster, long time reader. I have really enjoyed reading this board the last couple of years. Great baseball conversation from very knowledgeable baseball fans.

One subject got my attention is most fans tendency to over react one way or the other to a teams performance early in the season. Baseball is a grind. A teams true nature and ability comes out after 162 games. Not 30, not 60, not 90. As a Ranger fan I have experienced both extremes.

2012 Rangers had a 9.5 game lead on the A's at almost exactly this point in the season. As we all know they collapsed and lost the Division Title to the A's

2015 Well, you know what happened

Point being the Astros are a very talented team with a bright future. Don't be surprised if the cream doesn't ride to top by the end of September.

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

First it is not difficult to be right when you say something one way and then the opposite a few posts later. Then when one of those things happens you claim you are right. The only two things you have been consistent on are your love for Devenski and you hatred for Hinch. If I was fair I would have given you an infraction every time you posted non game stuff in the game thread that completely undermined the flow of that thread. Had I done that you would have gotten an auto ban about 2 months ago. Instead I let it go, over and over again. And the ignore feature is great, except when the person you ignore, posts so much, saying the same thing over and over again that whole pages are blank.

And if you had actually read what I said above, I said I didn't think you were a troll, but the way you posted created the same results. When you post the same negative comments over and over and over again and then respond to opposing views by just reposting what you originally said and causing an uproar in threads. That's what a troll does. He posts things to illicit a reaction from others, then ignores the reaction and posts more to illicit a stronger reaction and so on until the thread is completely off topic and centered on the troll. As I said, I didn't think you were a troll but your posts had this exact effect. You post something, people react, usually because you posted something the exact opposite a few days before or because you only seem to post copious amounts of things when the team loses or are losing. When they were winning we heard very little from you. Then you ignore them even when they posted stats, or react by restating your opinion. More people react and you continue to respond by restating your opinion. Eventually they tire of responding to you and just start calling you names. It is difficult for people to get behind you when you post like that. When you post this is my opinion over and over and then say I'm right because I am, even though you can produce statistical evidence to the contrary, it stirs people up and sends them over the edge. While name calling is not an effective or maybe even an appropriate rebuttal, I do understand the frustration. And while you are mostly correct you don't respond in kind (there are a couple of instances you have, one is a few pages back) constantly saying "My friend" comes off as being sarcastic and intentionally so. That just fuels the fire and continues to upset the thread.

This is the only response I will have to this. If you decide to leave fine, if you stay fine, but I will begin to flag infractions for repetitive and off-topic posts. I will also flag infractions for anyone that name calls him so please use the ignore function responsibly. As always, if you think a post is against the rules please use the report function. This will call it to my attention.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.