1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Reds @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Remember, no PBP in these threads and keep the chatter on topic (if it is about something other than this series, talk about it in another thread).

8-26 Bronson Arroyo, RHP (11-10, 5.32) vs. Wandy Rodriguez, LHP (7-6, 4.11) 7:05 on FSN

8-27 Josh Fogg, RHP (2-6, 7.66) vs. Roy Oswalt, RHP (11-9, 4.23) 7:05 on FSN

8-28 Aaron Harang, RHP (4-13, 5.35) vs. Brandon Backe, RHP (8-12, 5.54) 1:05 on FSN

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I love the Reds!!!

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Sigh... everyone likes playing my poor pathetic Reds.

We will win at least one.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Finally...WWW

5. Landlord Landry

I don't like your chances.

I hope Wandy puts one in Arroyos ribs. Maybe even a lil chin music, for Caballo.

6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

WWL

According to the pattern so far Brandon Backe will show up instead of his bro.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I can't believe it!!! Bronson went a complete game. Someone needs to make sure the right guy was in the uniform.

Well, I am happy, we won one game!!

8. msn

msn Member

Completely inexcusable to lose to the Dunn-less, Griffey-less Reds.

Mediocre, thy name is "Astros".

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Before the game Jim Deshaies commented that it should be even easier to beat the Reds now with Dunn and Griffey out.

I turned to my older son and said, "it never seems to work that way...not in any one, single baseball game."

The old adage of, "momentum is only as good as your next day's starting pitcher" was in full effect last night. Bronson pitched well and that lineup squeaked out just enough to win the game....we won a pennant with that formula.

10. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I am glad we lost so we can get out of that wild card race nonsense we've been talking about, time to play our younger players and call up the farm.

11. msn

msn Member

Bronson's ERA is over 5.00 this year. He pitched well, but the Astros should have hit him. We won a pennant with guys who were a bit lower than 5.07 in the ERA column. Just a frog hair. ;)

12. msn

msn Member

Wade was on the radio this AM saying he would rather give the "lion's share" of the playing time to the guys who had worked hard all season long than to some kid as a "reward".

Hey Ed: they "worked all season long", and the team is .500. Ain't it time to have some else "work" to see if better results are possible?

He also dismissed the value of what we would see from the youngsters because they would either see other call-ups from other out-of-the-race teams or they would have to sit the bench while the Astros played teams in the race.

Poppycock.

Cups of coffee indeed aren't always what they seem (see: Towles, JR and the guy we traded to Atl), but there's a reason so many teams do it. I remember Glenn Davis's cup of coffee and Ken Caminiti's cup of coffee. Those two worked out pretty well, iirc.

13. Landlord Landry

even a trash can finds a steak every once in awhile.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's kinda my point though...in any one game, it doesn't matter what his ERA was for the 365 games he pitched before....it matters what he does that night. that happens all the time in baseball.

15. msn

msn Member

You're right. I just felt like complaining.

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

What younger players? There is NOTHING on the farm worth a damn except for the guys we just drafted. None of them are MLB ready yet.

17. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

we have been a joke for so long..what did you expect. its rough being a reds fan

18. right1

right1 Member

The farm is bone dry. Anyone care to add up the combined won-loss record of the Astros minor league system. It is worse than bad.

19. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

187-274 .386

And every team save Lexington is dead last in its respective division. The Legends are 7th out of 8 teams; a whopping 2 games better than Hickory at 22 and 42. Congratulations, Lexington. You're at the top of the Astros pledge class.

20. msn

msn Member

You know what's ironic about this is Wandy also pitched his ass off. 10 K's, 1 ER in 7 innings. Perhaps we should have run him back out there in the 8th.