1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Reds @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

2. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Unfortunately. Man, this sucks! No postseason. :(

Personally thought last year we overachieved and only some elements of our team were exceptional to overlap our glaring weaknesses. This year we got schooled.

Clearly this team is not good enough. Major holes to be filled and major issues to be addressed in the offseason or else they'd better be if Drayton wants to keep his "good vibrations" with the fans going.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Pettite out tonight

Albers in

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

perhaps albers will complete the prophecy,

[​IMG]

5. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The reality of the situation completely bites, and I have a DVR now to record those stupid early game times the Astros always get stuck with. This season is a reminder of how the fans of the bottom feeders (Royals, Pirates, Devil Rays, wait do they have fans?) feel in September. Then again they probably feel that way in May.

The Astros size challenged GM needs to get away from the buffet and make some serious moves this off-season.

6. TMac640

Purpura's fat, lolololololol!

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQ!!!!!! :eek: :D :D :D

You seriously....owe me a new moniter. ...damn DP is so sticky.

Yep, this season has sucked. Horribly...atleast we still have our...umm.....hmmm....

well, i look forward to next season.

Let's just hope the Whitesox don't make it to the post season either.

Go Tigers! Go Twins!

9. TMac640

random note from the 4th inning

but it'd be nice if berkman didn't have a **** eating grin on his face everytime the reds batters knock it against the fence :mad:

10. TMac640

on a side note though, what's the deal with huff? is he better than what he's shown this year? granted our entire team's been in a slump, so a little slack there lol

yeah he's had an off year, but he had an off year with TB batting about .262

could he be one of the missing pieces to our offensive woes this offseason or would he relatively cheap to the point where if ya can sign him, then ya gladly take any production out of him?

11. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

It's hard to say. This is his first time in the NL, new teams for him to face this season. I definatly think he has potential, not sure if at 3rd, but he's better in the OF than Berkman is.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Luke Scott should be playing every day next year, the guy has earned that chance.

DD

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And if he falters next year, as Lane and Ensberg did this year, will people pile on him just as fast as they jumped on the bandwagon?

Ensberg was fourth in MVP voting last year... and now he's struggling to get into the game by pinch-hitting in the 9th inning.

Temper all expectations... especially with guys who have yet to prove it over an entire season.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I actually expect Ensberg to come back strong, but I think Lane is simply a AAAA player...not good enough to be an every day player.

Luke I feel is the real deal.....

DD

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Luke has been a bright spot... but I would still rather have the club re-sign Huff, and go hard after Carlos Lee.

Scott isn't a FA, and will be under the team's control no matter what... thus, it really doesn't matter if we "commit" to him or not.

If you decide to let Huff go (because you're content with Scott), but you aren't able to seal the deal with Lee... this club could be WORSE offensively next year.

Either way... there's not enough room for Ensberg, Scott, Huff, and Lee for the everyday lineup.

16. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

the biggest decisions are going to be what the club decides to do with Ensber and Lidge

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My ideal offseason would be resigning Huff, signing Lee and getting middle of the rotation help. Start next season off seeing if Biggio can start strong again and once he starts showing his inevitable decline, start platooning him and Burke. I think a 3-6 of Berkman-Huff-Lee-Scott would be pretty dangerous.

18. Buck Turgidson

He's horrible in RF. Noodle arm, zero range, really poor at judging the ball off the bat. He needs to play 3B if he's an Astro. Berkman's actually looked pretty good in the OF when healthy.

19. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Crazier question? Who actually wants Lidge, Ensberg or Lane? Hopefully, we dont get fleeced with a take trade at all costs. What's their trade value? I venture to say not much.

20. Buck Turgidson

I think the club has tired of both. I smell a package deal this winter.