1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rays @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 26, 2016.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

This was a really good win

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

best AB of gattis' career

4. MSBRockets

MSBRockets Member

Gattis destroyed that ball. Crazy they were talking about that Oakland at bat before that smash. This will be as memorable. Good kick start.

OSO BLANCO.

5. E-Man

E-Man Member

I left the game on, walked away when the Astros were own 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th and I come back to see a walk-off just happened.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Now that my friends was bad ass!

1 person likes this.
  7. cardpire

cardpire Member

guess it works out sometimes?

2 people like this.
  8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well... Looks like Gregerson was really our best option. We went through the cycle and need to end back up with him as our closer.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That was incredible. Great day. Football is back... And Astros walk off.

10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Gattis is solid as a catcher for the team. He could be one of the most productive hitting catchers in club history. Never liked him at DH but Gurriel is filling that role now.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, which means we still don't really have a definitive closer on the roster right now. Disheartening but at least the team is still playing meaningful baseball.

12. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Gattis and Correa coming through BIG! Best part about Evan's AB is that he really looked locked in and never flinched at Colome's pitches in the dirt. Giles has the best stuff of our closer options, but he's not great at locating his fastball when he's behind in count.

13. Artestsuckskobe

Anyone have videos of the two bombs. Once Giles let that one go I turned it off

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You can say that again.

When you're a 2 pitch pitcher...*you better damn well locate the pitches that have to be strikes.

His slider is actually a terrible pitch to throw for a strike as well... it would be a hanger. The good slider is rarely a strike.

When the count is 2-0, he's probably just better off throwing the good slider... and if the batter doesn't bite, walk him and start fresh.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Well ding the f' dong! Astros Walk Off! Drama!

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that was the manliest home run in the history of baseball

17. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Yeah, speed is great and all but unless you're throwing 100+ or have more than 2 pitches, you better spot your fastball. Wouldn't mind seeing him develop a third pitch for next year.

18. MSBRockets

MSBRockets Member

I don't think not having a solidified "closer" is a problem. All of our main bullpen guys, Giles/Harris/Gregerson/Feliz have stuff that is closer worthy. We lose games in the 6/7/8th inning if these guys falter.

Fans want a guy that never gives up runs, year in/year out. Tonight, one of the best in the business (Colome), did just that. Yeah we don't have a Mariano Rivera. Most teams don't. If you look around baseball, there aren't many closers who have been able to be dominant for 2+ seasons.

Be thankful that we have as many options and just hope they hit their hot streaks at the right time. These are all great relievers.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Mmm...not quite imo. Don't get me wrong the team has a good collection of pitchers in the bullpen. The only ones out of the group you named who have legitimate closer stuff is Gregerson and Feliz. But anyway, I'm not implying we need a Rivera closer but we can't be going into the 9th inning feeling like we need a 2-3 run lead. That's just not acceptable if you think you have a legit, bonafide closer imo.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Anyone else noticed Gattis get the red a** after getting mobbed? Something to do with his shirt coming almost off, he looked PISSED going into the club house, love the fire my man! :grin: