1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rays @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 17, 2015.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

This thread reeks of GARM

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Well make sure you soak em when you go to bed there winner.

3. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Time and place buddy

You can be negative about the team all you want. Heck I've avoided game threads lately because if people like you

But if you want to get personal, time and place Holmes just let me know

4. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

You suck Carter. Can't we dfa him?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Where is this Private Ryan?

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lmao, i knew I was enjoying the forum much more lately there internet tough guy. Just put me on ignore if you can't handle the truth.

7. Buck Turgidson

Let me know at what point the sky will actually start falling. I await that news with umbrella in hand.

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'll be a bit upset if we lose control of the West. The level of frustration here is absurd for a team that no one expected to be in such a position.

We're just biding our time until Springer returns. I hope he reclaims CF and we move Gomez to the corners.

9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Stinker of a game. Especially to attend. Sucks after also attending yesterday's great game. Oh well.

10. Buck Turgidson

We already did once, then we got it back.

The rest of what you're saying is spot on, except Springer owns RF.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Reclaims?

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Except against Texas :mad:

After a crap roadtrip, this home stand hasn't begun well. Thank God the Angels have been losing, but the Rangers are getting closer and closer. The 5-9 spots need to hit better, starting with Gomez. Springer is really missed. Team must hold serve best they can until his return.

Still proud of this squad and the future is bright. But it will be disappointing if we miss the playoffs after leading the division so long.

13. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

And Angels win of course.

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Tough to lose with Kazmir tonight .. team is fighting a rough stretch but we have seen what this team does when it gets going. The fact that we have kept a 2.5 game lead while going through the rough patch is huge. WHEN this team goes on a run in the near future like it seems to have done after rough patches, hopefully we will be able to put some real distance between 1st and 2nd

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I agree on the level some people exude but dont think its absurd to be upset. No one expected to be here, but here we are. We're in first place and are officially invested as an organization and as fans. It would be absurd not to be upset that we are letting games go and not competing.

Springer will come back in right and hopefully provide the spark we need.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's gettin frisky in here! :grin:

A home run feast can't be too much longer now.

17. conquistador#11

key stat 1/6 risp, rays 6/17.

time to win three in a row from these rays.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Even if we fall off and miss the postseason, I'm gonna have a hard time getting to worked up. I've been a big believer in "the process" from the start. 2015 was supposed to be our first competitive year, 2017 was supposed to be the year that were playoffs or bust.

We are ahead of schedule, and Luhnow didn't sit idly by, he tried to win this year, so you can't be mad at the organization for not giving an effort. Our young guys will hit the ground running next season loaded with exp, and we have a better picture of what holes we need to fill long term, and the farm is still stacked. This season is an unquestioned success.

Having said all of that, I expect us to make the playoffs. We lose some ground, people panic, and we build up a cushion. People really need to chill, I know people have fogotten becasue it's been a while, but baseball has a long season, getting worked up about every little stretch is gonna wear you out.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This. Amazing really...a team we all hoped might get back to just .500 is in first place in mid-August and getting ready to play it's first meaningful September baseball game since 2008...and many are pissed that they're not playing like grizzled vets. There's maybe 7 players on the roster that have even been in a playoff race before.

Yes, I'm just happy to be here. After the last 7 years, just playing meaningful games is enough for me right now.

20. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

That's baseball for you. Over the course of a 162 game season you're going to have your peaks and valleys. Just hope the Astros can hit their stride soon.

There's still over 1/4th of the season left to go (43 games). They'll be fine.