1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 9, 2022.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yea I used to think dusty was a good guy, a really good person, just not a great manager

Now it’s really looking like he is just messing with Chas and putting him in bad spots. I might have read dusty wrong, maybe he is just a pos

tehG l i d e likes this.
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Meyers hits better against LHP too, so it makes since to play him more against lefties, but of course you don't have to put Diaz in the outfield.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The last 14 games we've played, 4 were started by lefties. Chaz has started 7 times, all against RHP and sat all 4 against lefties.

I think Dusty just makes his lineups well in advance and refuses to deviate barring injury, but if Chaz was taking it personally right now I wouldn't blame him.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Diaz who traditionally hits RHP better, or at least evenly, but sat in the one game this series against a RHP, while starting in place of the guys who hit lefties better.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  5. The Beard

If this is true, he should be fired immediately. With the amount of data available you should never build a future lineup without knowing who you are facing

everyday eddie likes this.
  6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what is worse, starting only against RHP or not getting a CF start in a month while the starting CF either sucks or is hurt (I'm guessing hurt). Do they hate Diaz/Mancini that much in LF?

The Beard likes this.
  7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yuli is 1 for his last 21 without a homer in over a month. I really don’t understand what’s going on with Dusty’s logic. Maybe Yuli has dirt on him. At this point who the hell knows.

everyday eddie and King1 like this.
  8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Meyers vs LHP: .564 OPS in 35 PA

McCormick vs LHP: 1.018 OPS in 80 PA

everyday eddie and The Beard like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Maybe he wants to see if he can get guys going against different pitchers you know since they have a 10 game lead and injuries in the outfield.

Do you know what Chas actually hits against this guy?

How do you know he is not taking every advantage, can you run the numbers to show that he isn't?

It's just amazing all the experts on here it's like they have numbers that the Astros don't, and what's really crazy is Dusty is not a dictator concerning lineups it's a group decision and Click and others have as much to do with lineups as Dusty, but only Dusty gets ****.

10. The Beard

This years version of Meyers doesn't hit LHP better though

2022 Meyers
    vs LHP: OPS .534
    vs RHP: OPS .617

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or maybe he is trying to get him going before the playoffs.

Do you just want to bench him permanently?

12. The Beard

Actually it's very easy to look up the numbers of how these guys do vs certain types of pitchers. If you think Dusty does a good job of putting these guys in the best spots he can, you either don't understand baseball at all, or you simply have an agenda. I don't have any idea of which is might be cause I don't know you, but his lineups are not defensible

Luckily, we are talented enough pitching wise that we can dominate in spite of his ignorance

everyday eddie and htownrox1 like this.
  13. The Beard

I don't think most remember how little mlb experience Jake has. Even perfectly healthy guys who end up being stars struggle early on in their career. Now take a guy like Jake who has so little experience, had a MAJOR injury, and came back to mlb with less than what would be a regular spring training, and it's not all that surprising he is doing so bad. Seems like he could greatly benefit from a trip to the minors, if for nothing else to try to get his stroke back vs some pitchers he could have a better chance against. There is still time to do that and have him back for the playoffs, but apparently they don't want Chas in CF anymore

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  14. HTown2017Champs

I would. I’m sorry but this is not where we let sentiments get in the way. Mancini is a bunch better hitter at this point, what little power Gurriel had is practically gone. Again, benching does not mean cutting. He’ll still be in the dugout, just not playing, because that is not what’s best for the team. This is about putting the best lineup, and he is not part of the best lineup.

Wulaw Horn and htownrox1 like this.
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nobody has said he should get mothballed, but him and Mancini's starts should be "at least" equal. Mancini is getting part time player treatment while Yuli still starts most games. That's BS.

everyday eddie and King1 like this.
  16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't either. It's absurd

htownrox1 likes this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There are no pitchers Chaz has enough PA against to gain any statistical usefulness.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Y'all sure are extra whiny today.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Dusty makes the lineup. You can apologize all you want for him but even his initial supporters now realize he's an idiot. Only you and Mr. Scarface don't get it.

everyday eddie likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah it is easy enough but I am not the one saying the numbers prove anything for or against dusty but you have multiple people acting like thats what the numbers say and never providing proof.

@Buck Turgidson usually shows numbers that prove they don't know what they are talking about.

If you cite his ignorance you also need to call click ignorant as well because he has as much control of lineups as Dusty, this is 2022 no manager has complete control of lineups and pitching decisions.

Again they are not HIS lineups and if you can't even acknowledge that you should not be commenting at all.

I have an agenda? Not you and yours who blame dusty for everything even when he does not have total control of what you are b****ing about?

I don't have a Dusty agenda if he was fired tomorrow I would not really care I just sick tired of all the b****ing day to day with a 10 game lead and the best record in the AL, give it a ****ing break.

I mean, you had people b****ing about Dusty when he was not even managing.

I would bet that Dusty has some of the least amount of control as managers go, and managers are not really a difference maker in baseball anymore with all the numbers used.

So Dusty gets zero credit for pitching but all the blame for lineups or hitting roles, how does that make any sense?

You are the one that does not understand baseball and it shows with you always blaming Dusty for **** out of his control.