1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Buck Turgidson

Just our luck.

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

He has given up a run 50% of the time(last 10 games)....and 2 runs tonight. 3.64 ERA. He will NOT be the Astros future closer. 3rd worst ERA on the staff...Harris, Gregerson,Devenski...who'd I leave out ?
    Oh...he is far from the Astros only problem...he can only do HIS job....come in,shut things down w/o giving up runs.

Forgot about CHEAP...."The Astros paid a king's ransom for Giles considering they gave up top prospect, Vincent Velazquez, former #1 overall pick, Mark Appel, Brett Oberholtzer, and Thomas Eshelman." G

#282 AuburnRocket, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah I can see where that would remind you of that. :confused:

1 person likes this.
  4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

You really putting those two runs on him considering if Castro did his job it would have 1-2-3 inning??

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I'm not currently confident with anything the Astros do. I'll say that I'm more confident with Giles in the 9th than any other pitcher on the roster.

You say he hasn't been a solution but since his promotion to closer how many saves has he blown? He's given up runs and you can feel uncomfortable with him in a 1 run game but the Astros have been successful in winning when he comes in. The results are more important than the numbers until the results say otherwise.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You're not answering the question. How many saves has he blown since his promotion to closer?

7. Buck Turgidson

Neither of them did their job. Be honest, that was a b**** of a pitch to block, but he could have, and Giles could have not done what he did afterwards.

8. conquistador#11

that's what I'm talkin' about! give hinch some of that!
    100mph fastball to hodor's face, instead of , 'that's not the way we do things'.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Wow, this thread collapsed in a hurry.

1 person likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ugh the Astros Wikipedia page

11. Buck Turgidson

You never initiate that crap (then Correa or whoever gets drilled next game or next season), but I did think to myself that it would have been nice to have a 4 run lead in the 9th and then Odor could have gotten a fastball up under his elbows just to keep him honest.

12. AuburnRocket

Ha...OK...when entering the game with a 2 run or greater lead (except tonight), he is successful...not tonight and on 4 other occasions in the last 10 games,giving up one run,which he did 4 other times could have been disastrous.

You still saying he's "cheap" ? ...that's a joke.

13. Nook

Nook Member

He has converted 10 and blown 4.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I said, MOSTLY.

Not having a long discussion propping DAL, but face it, we're DAL's sports b****. Rockets are better than the Mavs, but the discrepancy is nothing compared to football history. Mavs owned the Rox embarrassingly throughout the entire Dirk era. Texans haven't beaten the Cow since the first matchup. Rangers more pennants. Plus, HOU seems to have so much f***** bad luck.

Maybe the Coogs show out. Maybe the Texans and everybody else balls out... but currently, the overall discrepancy is miles apart.

Giles isn't innocent. The fact he surrendered the steal so easily was garbage and the fact XBH have been a problem all season still exists.

#294 Houstunna, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  15. AuburnRocket

Yeah...I AM !!! There was one out and no one on when the wild pitch occurred. Steals 2nd...then strike out...2 outs and then Andrus I believe knocks the cover off the ball to Tal's Hill. Still not through though as he surrenders the go ahead run. So, yeah...it would not have been a 1-2-3 inning...not by a LONG shot.

16. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Are you not tired of watching this team lose to their in-state rival? 3-15! Can't even call it a rivalry. Credit to Texas though, they've put a perfect mix of you and old talent on the field. If Houston wants to make it interesting they better add some legit veteran talent to this team in offseason.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ya know I was just thinking, this would be the perfect time for the Astros to fall apart!

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Do you accept this package deal?

Rangers win WS and Coogs win National Title

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

sign me up.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Another pathetic 1 run loss to the Rangers. How the **** does it keep happening. Astros are the little brother and the Rangers are the big brother that keeps beating us up. Rangers are just the better organization top to bottom. They are the class of Texas in terms of baseball. Astros are pitiful.