1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rams @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

Think it's like 246 yards of the 323 total yards were in the 4th quarter.

ROXRAN likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He had some nice plays. Was against back ups but nice throws, really nice throws on the run and some mobility.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yep I just caught up with the highlights, first 3 quarters didn’t look so great , came on big…not saying he’s our forever QB but the 4th showed it’s an overall talent deficit and he can play better if the talent discrepancy is evened out …we probably need to draft talent around him and then search for our forever QB in the 2023 draft since it may be better supply

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Anybody wear a Watson jersey and towel for Halloween? :D

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

That's crazy that even reporters are even bailing on this team....except for 1. :cool:

6. SuraGotMadHops

Mills is a garbage time pro-bowler. Don't be fooled when he packs the stat sheet after the opponent is up by 30 and playing soft defense.

7. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

You're getting your ass kicked for 3 quarters. Shut out and blown out. Then your opponent benches their starters, switches to prevent, stops disguising, and is playing to avoid injury. Now you're finally able to move the ball and score some points.

Do you guys think that builds team morale and confidence?

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Does getting skull drug in every facet of the game for 3 quarters while doing the exact same play calling build anything?
    This team is a moral victory team right now.

raining threes likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Davis Mills fans: "grrrr leave him alone! He had a 106 rating"
    Davis Mills haters: "tell me about that 12.6 QBR in the same game"

clos4life and whag00 like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Only player fans would think like that.
    I’m a fan of the Texans-not that they deserve it.
    The best thing for the Texans is for Mills to be that guy. It’s extremely unlikely, but there’s no way to know that yet. Some of you hypocrites like to make every excuse in the book for Green when he’s looked far worse than Mills, but label Mills a bust after the draft.
    He should get a chance against the Dolphins, if he lights them up it’ll be “oh it’s because it’s the dolphins” while Tyrod is supposed to be the savior for beating Jags and hanging with what we know now to be a bad Browns team.

11. mightybosstone

I dunno. All this back and forth discussion, and it feels like a pretty easy decision. If you want to win a few more games this year, give Tyrod Taylor his old job back. If you don't, and you would rather lose games for the future of the franchise, leave Mills where he's at. While I actually quite like Taylor and enjoyed the little bit of him I saw this year, I also don't see any benefit to playing him much this season.

raining threes and B-Bob like this.
  12. conquistador#11

Rivers tweeted this:
    Brandin Cooks on tempo: "We practice it a lot ... I think we do great going up tempo, I think we show that every time that we do ... it kind of creates that sense of urgency, you don't really have time to think ... almost like just go play ... for a young guy I think it is huge."

How many seasons since 2017 has that been said by other players and around these threads but no you keep doing you and let the defense set to pound the ball for 1 yard.

raining threes, whag00 and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem with tempo with young QB's is the risk of turnovers. Also, with tempo is your defense is on the field...ALOT. It is about striking a balance.

14. conquistador#11

such things as the 'muddle huddle' like in the Kubiak days exist. everything doesn't have to be black and white. geesh. People know on paper why a running game is important. But in the HOUSTON "running game they're getting zero results. It actually puts Mills in danger more when they can tee off.
    A line needs consistency not switching positions because of versatility. A line also needs a scheme that works as 1 and not dependant on each lineman.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Matt Stevens sighting!

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol. Imagine getting buthurtt seeing posters think that mills is not the one. Lashes out comparing a first round pick player in an entirely different game to a 3rd round pick.
    Like u went from accusing posters of being Watson fans, tyrod fans, and now green fans on your quest to defend your boy Mills.

Is he family cause u seem quite passionate defending a back up type qb.

Tyrod outplayed Mills in training camp, hence mills should go back to the bench and learn the basics cause in what 6-7 games he looked like garbage, with a flash of potential.

6-7 football games is not the same as 5-6 games in basketball. Green has a way longer leash cause 1) it's basketball, rebuilds are different
    2) h3s actually good, Mills is meh.
    3) Texans need a qb that can carry them for the future and another savage/yates/hoyer Is a big no.

We can keep going back and forth but u seem to have a weird hard on for Mills regardless what he does.

#196 DatRocketFan, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Fulgore likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, your reading comprehension and lack of situational awareness is lacking.
    At no point have I ever said he was the future. I said there’s no reason to write him off. He’s shown way more flashes than you and a small select few have admitted.

And in no way is Green good yet. He’s shown far less than what Mills has. In fact he’s not even close to the best rookie on the Rockets. But…..I’m not going to write him off after bad preseason and bad first 5-6 games.

Just like I’m not writing off Mills who has a ton of physical talent, has had some solid wow moments.

Really, you and a few others are hypocrites. Green should have more pressure on him because of where he was drafted. Yet you give him more wiggle room for some reason.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

These are my definitions of “wow plays” by rookie qbs. What exactly has Mills done that made you say “wow”???

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s had several plays like some of those.
    Just against the Rams alone he had a bomb and put a DB in the spin cycle and nice throw to Conley.
    He’s had several nice throws on the run.
    I’m not even trying to say the dude is good right now, but if those plays above are “wow” he’s shown that he’s capable of “wow”. The arm, size and mobility is big league talent. That doesn’t mean anything until it’s even remotely consistent.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Also, Fields running ability is solid. His QB skills are far worse than Mills.