1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(OFFICIAL) Post preseason game hot takes thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Oct 5, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I liked the switching defense but obviously there's a lot to improve on; this group CAN be defensively effective and disruptive but it will require a steady amount of energy to get the defensive rebounding and defensive stops they need to be successful. That will be up to Silas to keep a steady rotation with the depth we have, and up to the guys on the floor to put in maximum effort. The offense, when it was clicking, was beautiful.

comrade, burlesk and D-rock like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gunning for a Play In spot, eh?

The huge Wall of Rookies does not exist. ;)

burlesk likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Green will never make a 3 and sucks on defense. Trade him ASAP.

Jontro, burlesk and Two Sandwiches like this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Hottest take would be to say the rebuild is over and trade all our picks and Wall for Ben Simmons.

But in all seriousness, I think Sengun should start over Theis. Most of last night C.Wood was hanging out at the 3 point line anyways.

Theis isnt as good as Kelly Olynk but he's a team player.

JayGup should definitely be molded into a 6th man type player, not someone you bring into the game in garbage time.

KPJ/Green/Tate/Wood/Sengun

JayGup/EG/House/KJ/Theis (swap KJ with House and add in Garuba once House gets traded)

These should be the lineups but idk if coach Silas trusts rolling out so many young players in our starting lineup.

5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Trade every player over 25. All I felt after this game was that I wanted more minutes for...everyone. I want more Jaygup, Garuba, Sengun, Brooks, KJ Martin...gotta find these guys minutes. The only way is to get rid of the vets. This is the way. Sorry to EG because I love him but he has to go. Not sorry to House because I hate him and he can't be gone soon enough.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Theis's job is to set picks. That's why he will be in the starting line-up with the top scorers.

You know, everybody gets hung up on height numbers. More important is standing reach and wing span, but one thing that I think is important is never measured, the height of the ball on a jump shot. It seems like it would be an important factor in being able to get your shot off.

Christopher is going to be Benny Anders (old, before you were born reference).... instant offense. On those nights when it's just not happening, you bring him in to change the momentum or lead the comeback charge.

Anyway, I had fun watching a preseason game, that's new.

Shark44, ArtV, Corrosion and 3 others like this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The wic has been lit

8. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Imagine retired Scola coming back to teach him some old dog tricks (to help avoiding blocks)

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Scola would be great for this. While Hakeem is obviously superior, I don't know if Sengun has the natural agility and balance (need to see more of him) for that.

burlesk likes this.
  10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Hardener than them all!

11. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Srsly let's make it happen

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Let's be for real. Sengun gonna get alot of ticky tack bs fouls called against him.. Ain't no way he approaching 30 mpg this season even if the Coach wanted to..

13. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

KPJ can stop worrying about his 2k rating for next year.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

should have gotten suggs

cmoak1982 and burlesk like this.
  15. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Then let my boy get fouled 6 times a game, Turk Dirk needs work.

Other hot take, if someone wants to give something up for Walll, great. If not, glue him to the bench, DNP-CD.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m glad we have all of our picks the next 2 years. We’re gonna need them. I love watching the young guns play and develop but I think the playoffs are a few years out. Get ready for a fun but losing season. The bright side is that we’ll be better than last year and instead of sweating out the tank to get a top 3 pick, the generous lotto rules will allow us to be a bottom 10 team and still have a great chance at a top pick.

Gnimoay likes this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

something is wrong with the league when your best course of action is to pay a guy $40 mil to sit on the bench, but indeed that’s where we are. I keep looking ahead towards the trade deadline or the offseason, when Wall will become an asset. I hope we stay patient.

jboslett and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Could be worse, we could have both Wall and maxed out Dipo.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I think FT will be better. Agree that Garuba and Christopher should be given a look with other lineups. Sengun makes winning plays

20. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Completely disagree, 6th seed is completely out of the question. Surprised that's coming from a respected poster like you