1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official PlayStation 4 LAUNCH Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Nov 14, 2013.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Waiting on my two from Amazon as well :( Last time they shipped something from Amazon, I didn't get it till around 7pm.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel you, bro.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Fix psn dammit. I want to play Resogun!!
    Also NBA 2K14 is as amazing as advertised. Jeremy Lin looks nothing like himself though.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

So not only did I have pizza delivered before my PS4, but I've had 3 deliveries of pizzas before my PS4 (as the first two deliveries had mistakes...between this and my flat tire this morning, pretty crazy day).

Well...can't be much later than 7PM on deliveries I'd imagine.

Not like I'd be able to get online when I get anyway. :)

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm online now actually. Hope you get it soon.

7. RC Cola

NEXT-GEN IS HERE!

WHERE DID I PUT THOSE SCISSORS?!

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nice timing on my part obviously.

9. chow_yun_fat

[​IMG]
    Here's everything I purchased minus NBA2k14 (game I want to play the most), which is coming Monday.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

11. chow_yun_fat

For anyone upgrading their HDD, I think the PS4 doesn't recognize USB 3.0 devices (memory stick nor portable hdd). I tried like 20x on my PS4 fearing I might have broken it. I downloaded the info to a USB 2.0 memory stick and it worked fine. Updated the new HDD and got it up and running in a few minutes.

BTW, does anyone know how to check how many months of PS+ you have?

#91 chow_yun_fat, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  12. RC Cola

I have to admit...game installations and all these huge updates/downloads kind of suck. But guess it will get better over time...

Played a bit of Playroom, NBA 2K14, and Just Dance. Playroom is pretty cool. Mostly just tech demos though, but fun to do with others for some laughs. My dog was a little freaked out though (and the robots experienced her fury).

NBA 2K14 does look great. I haven't played the current-gen (last-gen?) version of the game, but this game definitely feels different. More different than I can remember in the past few games, which usually felt mostly the same, year after year (maybe some new post moves or things like that, but it "felt" the same). Still mostly the same game, but some new animations and physics seems to lead to something more realistic. Had several plays that reminded me of an actual game. For some reason though, the AI offense was a little too overpowered it seemed. Harden is godly in the game at least.

I just stuck Just Dance in there since I never messed with it before. I'm not sure if I really had the camera setup correctly, but apparently I'm OK at the game. Although that certainly didn't seem to be the case when I saw it playback my dance moves. I now know how Conan felt when he did that Clueless Gamer segment.

I'm not sure I'll play much more tonight. Maybe just have it download some things, and I'll tackle some more games tomorrow. Might try out some Remote Play tomorrow as well. FYI, I was able to get the firmware update pretty quickly (it was done before I even thought about getting a USB stick or anything ready).

Overall impressions on PS4 are pretty positive, although it definitely seems like I'm using a console on the day it was launched. Nothing outright poor, but I might expect some decent tweaks after 9-12 months or so. The browser seems like it still sucks, although I didn't spend much time with it. UI seems fine to me (hard to say without using it some more, but I think I like it).

edit: Oh yeah...Manu's next-gen bald spot. I feel sorry for him...well...not really.

13. YourSecretLover

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Been playing 2K and BF4 all night. Have a sweet headache.

15. chow_yun_fat

Finally played with the system a little.

UI is pretty awesome. I didn't like it at first because it seemed a little complex, but once I played around with it for about five minutes I understood how everything works. It's basically the xmb with three or four rows.

I'm pretty amazed at how COD:Ghosts installed 33 gigs on my hdd in less than a few minutes. I didn't even know it was fully installed, I kept looking for an install option in the game menu. I found out by looking in the data management folder.

There's an hdmi option which the ps3 had as well, but I never used it. It turns on your TV and changes the video setting to the PS4 when you push the PS button on the controller. When you turn off your PS4, your TV will stay on and go back to your cable/air TV channels. No more pushing video on my TV remote 2-3 times back and forth.

Love the new standby mode which charges my controller when the system is off. Just tried the voice commands and they work pretty well, although limited.

#95 chow_yun_fat, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Weird some of you have complained about updates and installs, i'v updated my system, signed into psn and then updated 2k14 really quickly.

17. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=347b23434423" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So it begins.

18. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Wtf was that? Did he bust a ps4?

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Anybody where they in stock?

20. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Still haven't opened mine from amazon if anyone wants it for 500 hit me up at gmail today for meet