1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official PlayStation 4 LAUNCH Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It sounds like they are having an ObamaCare moment. lol

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Still hasn't been delivered...

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

FedEx just dropped off my Amazon package! Damn you work meetings, I must play. Guess wife gets first crack at it as usual.

Still waiting on FedEx to deliver my other PS4. Sam's Club blows.

Edit: suck it Ziggy! :)

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Sony was making its network slow/inaccessible long before it was cool.

Mine it still out for delivery. I'm not even home, so not really worried. Though I bet it will be like my Nexus 5 and be delivered as late as UPS will ever deliver something.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:cool: All those of you who are looking for consoles... and following this "launch... I have two questions:

1) Are there any available in the Houston northern side area (not for me, a friend who is looking for one)

AND

2) WTF is this about:
    Joining forces?
    TROLLING at its finest?
    Expecting love in return for the November 22 launch of the XBOX ONE?

What? :confused:

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm just curious if they're going to leave it somewhere by my door or try again tomorrow. Or drop it off at a UPS store or something.

7. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Trying to turn around public image a little bit.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I always leave a note on my door now saying to leave it on the backporch. Either that or they screw you and send it back to their delivery warehouse. (At least in my neck of the woods anyway)

I'm thinking the same.

9. RC Cola

I think it is up to the driver and retailer. With UPS and Amazon, they usually leave things at the door for me, even expensive items. I have someone at my house to receive the package, but I assume they would have just left the box if no one came to the door.

A couple of other retailers will require a signature, and I think the UPS tracking site usually notes that.

As for the tweet from MS, it just seems like classy move from them. Definitely good PR (IMO), and I appreciate gestures like that over the usual childish things done in the past. I've always liked it when they give each other credit, and say that the industry is better if their competitors do well (Shu was complimenting both MS and Nintendo recently I believe, and I think he also responded to that tweet by wishing MS good luck next week).

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Screw all of this touchy feely corporate crap. I'm trying to see some mud flinging by CEOs. Yes, this is a fake Reggie, but it's still awesome. ;)

[spoilered for massiveness]

[​IMG]

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:cool: Thanks for those answers about the tweet.

Well, I guess XBOX/Microsoft turned the other cheek (two wrongs don't make a right sort of thing) in response to:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/kWSIFh8ICaA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/kWSIFh8ICaA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    ?? :grin:

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Still out for delivery. :mad:

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Been waiting all day only to get home and discover the network is down! I would have been PISSED had I taken off from work like I was thinking about doing. Oh well, I'll go out on a date with the wife and hopefully the situation gets resolved and if I'm not too inebriated and/or tired I can get on when I get home.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Update downloaded instantaneously for me. I guess it was downloading in the background. Impressive.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

My UPS guy didn't even knock on my door! He just left it at my porch. Good thing I was home though and noticed 15 minutes later. Someone could have stole it.

But, he came at 11:30 am and they usually come around 6 pm so I was satisfied!

PSN is down, but when it gets back up, add me : C1UTCH-C1TY (those are 1s) if you want to play some CoD or 2K14

16. ILoveWhiteGirls

So what games to look out for 4 the PS4??

17. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

NBA 2K14 is amazing. Much better than the PS3/360 version.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They do that garbage all the time. Except my dudes ususally don't knock...then report no one was home. (I work from home...I was here you dicks)

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Come on PSN, you can do it, you can log me on. I know you can.

20. RC Cola

So yeah, seems like a late delivery for me as I expected. Still no PS4. Think I might get some pizza delivered before I get my PS4.