1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official PlayStation 4 LAUNCH Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Nov 14, 2013.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I hope I didn't stay up just to see things like "UNCHARTED PS4" on a screen, and not much else.

2. RC Cola

Meh, I knew I should have just gone to sleep early. Antonio Banderas memes were good (thanks NeoGAF), but the rest of the event was pretty boring.

Maybe if it had some Mark Cerny tub memes, it would have been better.

3. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Launch edition is available now on Amazon.com !

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

VERY disappointing PS4 All Access event.

Destiny beta coming first to playstation 3 and playstation 4 - eh....
    MGSV exclusive mission - eh....
    Uncharted for the PS4 - ehhh, we all knew there was an uncharted for the ps4, so this wasn't a surprise at all.

Overall, very disappointing event, good thing I kept my expectations set.

1 person likes this.
  5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

With a kindle bundled

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Personally I expected that would be Bungie's announcement. I'm excited about it. As for everything else, yeah... meh. I was glad they set a firm date for Infamous though.

7. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yup just ordered one also

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Knack looks dumb why does everything look like it's from Nintendo64

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mine is out in Stafford somewhere... waiting...

12. RC Cola

Mine is out for delivery. It looks like I'll be getting everything today (including 2K14).

Had a flat tire (with no spare tire) earlier this morning. But that's not enough to stop this PS4 Hype Train! :p

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Got it last night at 2:30, at the sony store in the galleria. I showed up at 11:30 no pre order and they had enough for everybody (probably over 200 people). They might have a couple left in stock this morning actually.

14. ILoveWhiteGirls

This launch was weak compared to the PS3 if I remembered. I mean people were beating the **** out of each other to get a hold of the PS3. Heck even the PS2 had more hype.

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

PS2/PS3 supply was very limited. Most stores got 10-30 vs the PS4 where stores got 10-300+. All the stores around me sold out and when I was at Walmart in the unreserved line, at least 20+ people came by asking for the PS4 in the two hours I waited before they handed out the vouchers early.

I am pretty sure the PS4 will have more sold at launch than any of their previous systems.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think I'll be getting my 2 extra promo games. Not according to the Amazon site anyways. Which sucks and is weird.

This is a good thing IMO. Good for the consumer. It's also a sign that the PS4 isn't using some of the rare parts the PS3 was.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Congrats <a href="https://twitter.com/PlayStation">@Playstation</a>. From, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Xbox&amp;src=hash">#Xbox</a>. <a href="http://t.co/XnQIzXIHQ9">pic.twitter.com/XnQIzXIHQ9</a></p>&mdash; Xbox (@Xbox) <a href="https://twitter.com/Xbox/statuses/401349054912663552">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's weird and eery man, I'm returning my PS4 immediately out of fear.

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I may not be buying a PS4 at launch, but still interested in the reviews.

And... eww. From what I've read and seen, I'm going to hate the new interface.

Specifically:
    *The activity feed is interspersed with ads (granted, not even close to as many as the 360 has, but still more than PS3, which had almost none)
    *All games get a large tile on one horizontal... even disc-based games that aren't in the system. Tons of needless clutter and scrolling. Hurray!
    *Apps like Netflix are buried in a sub-menu instead of being on the primary horizontal, and the apps you haven't downloaded are interspersed with the ones you have downloaded, for no discernible reason. More needless clutter! Hurray!

I hope future firmware updates can give the option to hide tiles for disc-based games, and/or categorize digital games vs disc-based games. Also to sort your apps by which ones you've downloaded.

Loved the efficient functionality of the XMB. To me it looks like Sony ruined a good thing.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I would think that they would really look to fix that as soon as possible...that description sounds horrible.