1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official PlayStation 4 LAUNCH Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Nov 14, 2013.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Had a friend actually save one for us but it was a return. Go to now in stock website to order one.

I also have one on the way from best buy coming because of now in stock.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can't download the software update 1.5 to play multiplayer

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't think I'll spend that much time with these games in general, although I don't mind having one around for kids and the "casuals." I enjoy it for the cardio and because I can play it while entertaining others (I feel bad playing some of these other games since they tend to bore others), but I don't think I spend that much time with it.

It probably isn't too far from the truth, says the guy who is enjoying Knack. :)

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Uploaded the 1.5 software updated to play bf4 but it says I have to have ea account and it also says I'm not logged in. But I can pay another $50 bucks for premium to get dibs on servers. **** you EA.

5. RC Cola

So some people are live streaming the The Playroom, and using it to create a talk show of sorts. This one in particular got pretty popular over night:
    http://www.twitch.tv/spartanm
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/22/twitch-tv-late-night-tv-broadcast/
    Adam Boyes called in, as did some other execs, journalists, devs, etc. I think Shu tweeted about it.

Kind of interesting. Curious to see how this continues to take off. I think livestreaming is already making reviews less relevant.

On a side-note, I had more server problems with NBA 2K last night (and I'm just trying to play MyCareer). They really screwed up this game with that stuff (never mind the horrible design choices they make with MyCarreer in general, but those have been there for years). I saw something about some problems even playing offline games on XBO too. I'm almost tempted to trade the game in towards credit for something else, but I'm hoping this gets straightened out over time. Still is a nice showcase game for the PS4.

6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Lmao

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yTmN5kG93Gc?list=UU_HzqiM0H4FM3-BMYKmjQ-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

That dude should smoke some weed with his adderall

8. RC Cola

This has little to do directly with the PS4's launch (or even the PS4...directly), but Corrinne Yu is now working at Naughty Dog:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrinne_Yu
    She used to work at 343 Industries (Halo 4), among others. She's generally regarded as one of the best graphics programmers/engine architects in the industry. Really smart lady. And she's going to work with the same folks who put out the Uncharted and Last of Us games, which already look amazing.

I'm actually curious to know if she'll be working specifically with Naughty Dog games, or if she'll actually be working with the ICE team, which is based out of the Naughty Dog studio. Maybe a little bit of everything. Good grab by ND/Sony.

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Damn! She look mighty cute

[​IMG]

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

she looks pretty naughty, dog