1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

-Get Cush back healthy
    -Get another playmaking WR on offense
    -Get rid of Barwin and get another rusher

2. Mr. Clutch

And he threw for a first down after that play.

Schaub wasn't that good, but not sure we can pin it on him when he went for 300+ yards and had 2 TDs.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

On defense, I think it might be harder for a 3-4 team to go up against elite passing offenses than a 4-3 team. Teams like Green Bay and New England force you out of your base defense and into nickel. A 4-3 team is really only exchanging a linebacker for a cornerback but a 3-4 defense needs to exchange 2 linebackers for a cornerback and a lineman. It's more of a change.

In our base 3-4, getting pressure on the QB is largely dependent on blitzing one or more of our linebackers. We're not as strong with 4 linemen as we are with 3 + an LB. So putting an extra lineman out there and taking 2 LBs of the field really hurts us. We can't get the same pressure on the QB and RBs have less LBs to worry about. This makes us less effective regardless, but with Cushing out it REALLY hurts us.

I'm not sure what the solution is. How much do want to invest in having 4 solid guys on the line when you'd really prefer that only 3 be out there? I guess we can try to get 2 guys to pair with Watt and take our chances in nickel with a lesser DE/DT.

Or maybe I'm wrong. San Fran plays a 3-4 and did enough against GB and NE to win.

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

even if schaub made some dumb plays like losing the football when running 3 ft...the offense scored 28 pts. last 5 games we avg what..like 16pts?

Can't win when you give up 41 pts against any team. End of story.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

It was Schaub wasting possessions, even with good field positioning, rushing the defense back onto the field after they expended energy on getting Brady off the field without points. Eventually leading to the second half where the defense was torn to pieces.

3-14 on Third downs, Schaub along with the play calling/selection of Kubiak and Dennison deserves a majority of the blame.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At this moment I am a FIRE KUBIAK GUY
    I was before [6-10]
    Tomorrow maybe I will be better

1. If you think Schuab is inadequate . . . FIRE KUBIAK
    because we know Kubiak does not 'do' QB controversies.
    Schuab is his guy . . . PERIOD
    Carr was his guy . . . PERIOD
    there will be no FIGHTING for the QB position before the season
    They will be no fighting during the season.
    So don't expect them to draft a QB with any chance in hell of challenging Schuab

2. If you think 500 ybs of offense between the 20s is not worth a ****! .. FIRE KUBIAK
    I don't give a d*mn about them making a bunch of yards if they cannot punch it into the *****ing endzone
    YARDS . . TIME OF POSSESSION . . .don't mean ***** if it ends in 3s and not 7s
    The ball was put inside THE OTHER team's 20 and we could do NOTHING but kick a fricking feild goal?!?!?!?! that set the tone of the game. That was a BIG WIN for the CHEATriots defense.
    When the game was IN PLAY . . how many passes beyond 20 yrs did we even ATTEMPT??!??!

3. Why the FRICK did we not THROW THE BALL TO ARIAN MORE!! IT was open all night!! ARIAN EVEN SAID THEY IGNORED HIM LAST GAME . . . now we see why . . .cause Kubiak and Schuak ignored him too
    Everytime that gave him shots in space. . good things happened
    The *****ty *****ing WR screen was sniffed out and stuffed every *****ing time!!

Rocket River
    . . . yea . . I got more. . .

2 people like this.
  7. Classic

Classic Member

I feel you RR, Foster shoulda been targeted at least 8 to 10 times tonight. Schaub just freaked out anytime the pocket started to collapse.

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Greg Jennings? Is he over the hill?

9. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. You do know 14 pts were GARBAGE TIME POINTs
    no . .then not the yards or time of possession during that time DOES NOT COUNT
    3/14 <--- Third down conversion

Not enough throws to Arian
    Not Vertical game at all
    No adjustments
    nothing

Rocket River

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

TOP PASSER
    HOU: M. Schaub 343 Yds, 2 TDs
    NE: T. Brady 344 Yds, 3 TDs

12. Rocket Booster

Brady and Vereen shredded the supposedly good Texan's defense like it was child's play. The Texans have no shot at ever beating that Pats team in this current era in the playoffs.

13. pocketrocket81

We have had some really great athletes in Houston. But with all the disappointments we have had with losing in the playoffs for all our sports franchises it sure makes you appreciate just how great Olajuwon was.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL

The Texans had 13 points through three quarters. They were down 25 points before the Pats defense pulled back and then Schaub became elite.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This.

In the past, Matt has put up meaningful numbers and his supporting cast failed him in crunch time. But that was not the case today. His numbers came from pure garbage time.

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Ubigred, is that you?

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

i know. i just posted that sarcastically.

18. Mr. Clutch

He got rid of Carr after one year.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BTW - Did Forsett or Tate even see the field today?

Rocket River

20. Mr. Clutch

Don't think so. No reason to with how Foster was playing.