1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Official] Patriots @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 5, 2021.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I miss the oilers

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

What’s worse, jon gruden’s racist and homophobic emails or Watson sexually assaulting 22 women?

BossHogg713, whag00 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What should be? Or what is?

People are more upset about words than they are potential assault. Weird world

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

These days people don't care if you rape women so long as you don't say mean things in emails years ago.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Texans don’t care either. They keep paying the rapist. The Raiders fired Gruden.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We've been over this, the Texans keeping Watson and benching him is the only punishment Watson will face for his crimes. The ONLY alternative is to cut him which would allow him to sign a deal on another team and get paid even more and side step any punishment whatsoever.

With Gruden, he committed a much greater crime in the eyes of the public, he said something mean about a millionaire who is in a protected class. As a result of his heinous war crime, he's unhireable now. He should have stuck to lesser crimes like rape.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Lmao!!!! You’re delusional. The Texans aren’t the morality police in this scenario, they aren’t administering punishment they are too embarrassed to let him play and don’t want him to get hurt. They are hoping to benefit from trading the rapist. The Texans don’t give a damn about the victims, they care about draft picks. This is why they keep funding the rapist lifestyle and his defense with millions of the McNairs money. If the Raiders can fire Gruden for 10 year old emails , the Texans for sure can fire Watson. Everything else is an excuse for the Texans.

J.R. likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that you are throwing a tantrum about your guy getting punished by being benched suggests I'm right.

You want him to skirt any punishment whatsoever....which is kind of telling.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It’s not punishment! Losing your $140 million NFL contract would be a punishment. Losing your income stream to defend yourself vs the victims would be punishment. The Texans coming out saying they don’t support rapists under any circumstances would be punishment.

Instead they are paying millions for the guy to hide and fight the victims while they wait on draft picks & support his millionaire lifestyle. The fact that you don’t get this is telling.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, losing a year of your career absolutely is punishment. Being allowed to go out and pick up a a brand new long term contract for even more money and be able to play immediately on a team that doesn't care how many women he rapes would be the greatest gift anyone could give him......and you are seemingly VERY upset that he can't have that gift.

Sorry guy, you are just being FAR too transparent here. You'll just have to cope with the fact that your guy will face ever so slight consequences for being a serial abuser of women. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your wish next year and you can be back cheering on the rapist as he continues his career.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I’m saying fire the guy immediately and distance yourself from Watson’s Bullsh*t and I’m supporting him? But the Texans are paying millions to hide, fight the victims and live a millionaire lifestyle AND the Texans are the morality police “PUNISHING“ him for his crimes?. I wish someone would punish me with millions! LOL!

Man you are a special kind of homer dude.

I just know that I couldn’t bring that kind drama ( sexual assault) to my workplace and keep my job ( much less get paid millions to not show up) and imagine you couldn’t either. But the Texans clearly don’t give a damn about these young women ( potential draft picks are valued higher than them) because if they did Watson would have been fired long before Gruden.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're saying do exactly what he wants you to do immediately so that he can skirt any punishment whatsoever. Pretty much what I'd expect one of his fans to say.

Right now you are terribly upset that your guy is not getting his way, that he's losing a year of his career due to sexually assaulting women. You'd have the Texans cut him so that another team can give him a new contract and get him on the field immediately.....because you clearly want what's best for Watson despite him being a rapist.

You even pretending otherwise is hilarious.

In the eyes of the public, Gruden being mean to a millionaire is a far worse crime than raping women, so when Gruden is fired, he's unhireable. That's why firing him is a punishment. With Watson, his fans don't even pretend to care about the women he raped, he'd get a new contract immediately and be able to carry on as if nothing ever happened, no lost money, no missed playing time......which is exactly what you are advocating for.

The Texans forcing him to miss a year of his career is by far the biggest punishment he'll face.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Delusional.

Firing Watson and banishing him from ever playing here again, cutting off his legal defense $$$ vs victims, not supporting his millionaire lifestyle is “support”

but

Paying him millions to hide and fight his lawsuit is “punishment”

okay Dude. Either you can’t read or just refuse to see the truth.

Watson should have been fired/ cut a long time ago. The Texans have bungled this.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In short, doing exactly what he wants to happen so that he can immediately get a new contract for more money on a different team and resume his playing career is "punishment"......but being forced to miss an entire year of his playing career is "support".

Again, your Brer Rabbit BS is ridiculously transparent. No, we're not going to throw your guy in the briar patch. You'll just have to suffer through one year of not getting to cheer on your favorite rapist. It'll be okay.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

We're screwed with Tunsil out for 4 weeks. No Tyrod again means Tank-a-thon to the #1 pick rolls on!

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMAO!!! I don’t care if the guy ever plays again but the guy deserves to be fired for the disruption he’s caused & if guilty deserves to go to prison. Either way he needs to be GONE. You can’t win with this kind of BS.

But no, you’re saying he deserves a $10 million
    paid vacation for the year. With$140 million more to come? That’s punishment for rape? If it is The Texans are as despicable as the rapist.

He deserves what Gruden got. Kudos to the Raiders for having the balls to act swiftly.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, sorry guy you're just way too transparent. Better luck next time.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Delusional

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In a word, yes, it's delusional of you to think that you could fool anyone by advocating for EXACTLY what Watson has been begging to happen and suggest that would be punishment.

In your scenario he'd be paid more and he'd have missed no games at all..... and yet you are trying to sell that as a worse for him scenario than missing an entire year of his career.

I honestly cannot imagine how stupid someone would have to be to fall for your shtick.