1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Patriots @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000%

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I went to sleep as well, no confidence in this team.

Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Sure both franchise
    Bud had bad timing. I remember all of that and what lead up to it. I think the city would have built a new stadium but it was after the 35-3 choke job to Buffalo.....TIMING WAS BAD!

To me however, that doesn't make him incompetent, just bad timing. Cal is on a whole different level. We can literally see how incompetent Cal is at operating as an owner.

I truly believe Cal doesn't want to run this team and has given the reins to Jack and Nick.

Richie_Rich and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Adams didn't want upgrades, he wanted a new stadium. The County upgraded the Dome 6 years earlier. He decides to pull "I want a new stadium" BS after the Buffalo Collapse. Bad timing. Bob Lanier (Mayor) had no relationship with Adams. Adams proposed a Downtown dome with the Rockets, who had no idea what he was talking about. The City, County, and People were sick of Adams/the Oilers. His attempt to tag alone with the Rockets popularity to get him a stadium backfired. There was no way he was getting a new stadium. Good riddance. As a big FU to Adams after he left, the City/County approved $200-$300 million towards a football stadium and money for new Astros ballpark (MinuteMaid eventually). The money for the football stadium basically helped Bob McNair present a $1Billion package (including the $700 million franchise fee) that had a stadium plan in place to get a new team (LA couldn't get their **** together to match that package). LA was awarded the expansion team on the condition they could get a stadium plan together....they couldn't get organized under one plan. The NFL went with the bird in the hand.....Bob McNair's offer.

BleedsRocketRed, whag00 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This.

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. conquistador#11

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Houston pro football: where the biggest debate is which team sucked more the Oilers or the Texans.

IBTL, Richie_Rich, whag00 and 8 others like this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The only problem with this analogy is do we TRUST who's doing the picking?? I don't!

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's been perfectly miserable rooting for a Houston team for most of my life.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

One on the right

IBTL and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Man did somebody in the Texans bang your wife or kill your dog or something your level of hate is crazy.

It’s one thing to hate the franchise and the lack of success or winning decisions they have failed to make or whatever but your hate is truly something else.

And if you really do feel that strongly which is your “right” to feel the way do then just go join whatever team you do like forum and post over there.

Because it’s not healthy for you what your putting yourself through by being in here. And or watching the games which I’m guessing you do watch.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

He is not wrong though, this franchise deserves the hate.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Don't like the fact that you made mentioned of my wife in a presumptuous analogy. From here on I'd appreciate if we stick to the issue at hand....these sorry Texans!

if you're defending what has taken place on Kirby, either you're blind or stupid to the fact of how to build a winning team, in which the Texans are not aspiring to be.

And to resolve this matter like we should w/o having to mention others wife's or whatever, answer me this, what decision has Cal or the Texans made within the last 2yrs that's moved them closer to being a championship organization??

Rudyc281 and IBTL like this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Its beyond hate with him seems like IMO at least

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

No way meant any disrespect.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Geez, it is just so hard to watch the team beat itself....with stupidity.

DD

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Missed the game……..did we win????

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Understand, just want to keep everything geared towards the Texans. I don't hate the Texans, I just want them to do well, same for the Rockets, Astros, UH, etc. And when I see what is taking place on Kirby it sickens me, it should sicken us ALL.

In less than 2yrs, we've seen a top four team in the AFC with young players and a franchise QB go from a 24-0 lead in the playoffs to the laughing stock of the league. And after personally seeing everything that happened to the Oilers to what is going on now, I'm shocked there aren't more people who are not lashing out!

CASERIO THROWING AWAY DRAFT PICKS, EASTERBY ON THE SIDE LINES INVOLVED IN PLAY CALLING, CULLEY MISMANAGING TIMEOUTS AND NOT KNOWING WHATS GOING ON... THIS IS HIGHLY TROUBLING!

#420 hlmbasketball, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.