1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Patrick Beverley appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheTruth1, Dec 1, 2013.

1. TheJet

TheJet Member

I think most of us have no problem with Lin. It's his fans like you that make it hard to have rational basketball discussions without it turning into a flame war.

And yes, every objective basketball fan is going to chose Harden over Lin. Every time. You know why? Because Harden is a better player. The sooner you understand that the sooner all this "CF stuff" will make more sense to you.

2. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Lols i didnt even say that Lin is better than James...with all the trust and attention given by rockets to James, he should be...

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have entered a Patrick Beverley appreciation thread, only to find that Beverley's name has barely been mentioned in the last 10 posts.

4. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Yes objectively most basketball enthusiasts make fun of his poor defense...James is good but good at scoring and thats it , but why arent we talking about his TO statistically going up, his laziness and his ball hogging habits? Of course CFs will not see that because James is the main guy here...

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It is called growing pains and quite honestly, everything Harden CAN do for our team (scoring, carrying the team, recruiting) is far, far more than what he fails to do and certainly much, much more than Lin can ever hope to offer the Rockets. We expect our very young star to go through them. Lin is not a star however and therefore not worth developing with the same care. The sooner his fans understand and accept that, the sooner we can all move on.

6. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

So be prepared, houston is the next New York Knicks,..James is going to follow Melos path...bookmarked! Goodnight peeps..

7. ElementZero

ElementZero Member

My god guys, it's a Beverley appreciation thread, and you're arguing about Lin. Seriously?

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Which would actually make some small resemblance of sense if we had a FO and coaching staff at their crappy level. Then again, I am talking to you so I don't expect much sense to begin with.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You are upset because people are saying positive things about Beverley. That is the very definition of hating.

10. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

dude, there's something mentally not right in your head...

just proceed here.

[​IMG]

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Report the moron, please. I have him on my ignore list and I'd like to save my brain cells.

12. alethios

alethios Member

It's become the Lin depreciation thread.

1 person likes this.
  13. KlutchQT

That stuff gets discussed all the time. Harden gets criticized. Dwight gets criticized. Bev gets criticized. Parsons gets criticized. Have you missed all of the threads from earlier this season suggesting that Harden be traded? All of the threads saying Bev is a useless scrub? The entirely laughable thread suggesting Parsons should be benched for Francisco Garcia? All of the threads about how acquiring Dwight was a big mistake and it would be wise of Morey to trade him now?

EVERYBODY gets it. Everybody. You focus in on Lin because -- well, because you aren't a fan of the team and so he is your sole focus. But just because you don't pay attention to what is said about other players doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

14. jocar

jocar Member

That's tough to dispute. He's got the biggest heart on the court, the rest of the team plays inspired with him on the floor, and they always voice how much he means to the team during interviews.

Chuckster version 6'1

15. rocketblood713

PB said his hand still isnt 100% lol ..after he shoots lights out

16. jocar

jocar Member

Curtanne, thanks for demonstrating why Jeremy avoids his own fansite like the plague.

[​IMG]

You cray. Poor Lin

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

I just hate my Corvette because it doesn't have enough trunk space or a back seat and can't tow a boat.

But I do love my Tercel even though it leaves me stranded from time to time. Ya know, because it's my first car and all. Sentimental attachment.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

May be a little off topic but then again I guess it's still on topic and didn't want to start a new thread.

Pat Beverley on the Matt Thomas Show on 790AM - 1/21/2014 at 3:30 PM.

I listened and wrote this on the go so it is not exactly verbatim.

Matt: Pat, Congrats! What a great way to come back off the injured list
    Pat: Thank you and glad to be back on the show.

Matt: How bad did you guys need the Portland win? Really your first significant win since the SA one.
    Pat: Played a great team, with great coaching staff and players. We came out to play - defending, rebounding, pushed the ball, were able to make shots

Matt: 6 different guys in double figures, was it one of the most rewarding wins?
    Pat: Any win is a win. CP had a phenomenal game. I mean all across the board - James, Dwight, DMo. JLin moved the ball well. Good team win

Matt: Wearing a bandage, do you feel more comfortable with it? Adjustment time?
    Pat: Been wearing it as a precaution and will keep it on for the rest of the year. Hand swells up sometimes with the screws so it helps. Got in early today, got some treatment. Still in the gym now. Iced it down, got some practice

Matt: 13 teams above 500, all things considered where are the Rockets now?
    Pat: Getting better, too early to predict. We're not the same team we were earlier. Faced some adversity last night, came away with a win last night when it got close. Character is improving every game.

Matt: Do you feel like Portland is a good match up for the Rox considering you are now 2-1 against them?
    Pat: They're a great team, good guard in Lillard, great big in LMA. We just had a good game. Small things like loose balls we got there first.

Matt's guest: When you were balling in high school who was your fav player?
    Pat: Garnett and that is the reason why I wanted number 21. I couldn't get 21 at Heat when drafted so I got 12. Couldn't get 12 here since DH has it already

Matt: Favorite PG growing up watching?
    Pat: Steve Kerr - he made big shots, me being from Chicago also.

Matt: You have played against KG once or twice right?
    Pat: Never, not yet. He didn't travel with BKN.

Matt: KG swears like a sailor entire game.
    Pat: Yeah?

Matt: How is trash talking in NBA these days?
    Pat: I talk all the time. I'm more about the team though cheering us up.

Matt: TJones injury, Greg out, Omer out. Never had a full team all season.
    Pat: Yeah, that's the thing. Once we get there we can get going. Unfortunate situations like TJones injury.

Matt: No way going 0-3 against Kings after beating Blazers, Warriors?
    Pat: We're going to stay focussed and try and get a victory tomorrow. Yeah, we have to stay on an even keel and focus for Sac. Good team - IT playing well, Rudy Gay, Cousins

Matt: Boys on TNT harsh, do you watch the show much?
    Pat: NO. I don't watch ESPN or TNT. We don't follow what they're saying but we do hear it through twitter and all but try to stay away from it. Concentrate on what we're doing here at Houston Rockets and what we can do on the court.

19. KlutchQT

Ha. I'm glad they avoid TNT.

20. baki

baki Member

Absolutely.

Been reading this forum a long time now and have not really seen the so-called LOFs threats that you all have been complaining about, I don't see them? But I do see a lot of LOH threads and posts, seems like a lot of fuss over one player. I think the real reason for all this is his contract, nothing else!

Look, Bev had a good game back (it has been a month) and Lin has done a good job, since the Rockets only lost 3 out of 9 games before Bev came back including the 2 game funk that Lin had recently.

Let's see if Bev is our starting point guard lol