1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Paolo Banchero as a ORL Magic thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 26, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He was certified as a bust after 1.25 preseason games, but the paperwork was inspected and found to be lacking.

roslolian, i3artow i3aller and J.R. like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL somebody caught some feelings.

And this coming from the guy who can't stop going on and on about KPJ and his 'troubles" it's rich you now have issues with people talking about what Jabari actually lacks.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

for some reason u seem to think I care about what u got to say

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Maybe because you do and you are just in denial.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

actually I don’t…u are the one always quoting me some useless garbage begging for a response, not the other way around

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not directed at me but I feel the need to joke that I do play Crusader in my games.

Reeko likes this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same happened with my uncle back in the early 90's. Brain Cancer is devastatingly quick.

I work on the business side of oncology healthcare. When I visit practices across the US, it's always sobering even when you are just sitting in the waiting room before they let you in the back. You see the patient and their family in the waiting room and later treatment rooms interacting with doctors, nurses, pharmacists, radiation techs etc...

What I have witnessed is that when someone has cancer is that diagnosis becomes the focus of that family and also that they bond with these caregivers. Always remember a grandfather getting chemo as his teenage grandson read to him and the nurse interacting as if she were family too. The highs and lows of curing and losing patients to cancer weighs on caregivers. I have such respect for that profession.

#87 Pistol Pete, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    BHannes2BHonest, Yung-T and TRIQSTER like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Paolo is going to need to be surrounded by consistent, quick-release shooters and quick-footed defenders to shine the brightest he can... The Magic's GM has a lot of work to do, excited to see what Banchero can do though, he has a really interesting combo of skill and size.

roslolian likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Going to take awhile before Magic are good.

roslolian likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Paolo dropped a double double and beat one of the best teams in the west. I told yall he was better than Jabari.

Jontro likes this.
  12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Best player of all time I think. Will name mvp trophy after him after he wins it every year in the league. Nba will mean national banchero association. Clear as Day

cheke64 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Banchero singlehandedly rendering the Magic a mediocre team.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jabari was never gonna get the touches Banch will get with Bucket and Scoot.

Eventually he will get there too, averaging double doubles.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bad tank commander

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They just have entirely different offensive skill sets and tendencies, Banchero is going to dominate the ball and create offense like Melo, and Smith is going to thrive off the ball like Klay.

daywalker02 and roslolian like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

It also doesn't help that they kept taking busts.

But then again a lot of those guys were highly rated previously so I guess it's not their fault too much. But still it's crazy they got Fultz, Suggs, Cole Anthony, Mo Bamba and Jonathan Isaac and all have been disappointments. I feel like there's 3-4 good players and the rest are expendable scrubs.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

They have different skillsets you can't really say one is better than the other since both creation and defense/spacing are necessary to win a game.

Personally I like Jabari more since NBA is practically overflowing with creation guys but volume spacing PFs who are also elite defenders are extremely rare. Like there is AD, Kevin Love, Pascal Siakam, Jaren Jackson Jr, fellow rookie Keegan Murray....who else? Can't think of many more. OTH creation/ISO guys I mean every team has one by now lol. What's really lacking among teams are elite spacers and defenders, Jabari can basically find a niche in every NBA team.

But regardless I think both are gonna turn out to be franchise level players, Paolo when motivated and locked in is also a good 3 pt shooter and elite defender whereas Jabari has extreme work ethic and will either develop creation and ball handling of his own or further develop and increase his shooting and defending prowess. It's the reason why I wasn't worried going into draft night since I know only Chet is the sure guy we aren't getting, and I didn't like Chet and Ivey cuz of the health concerns. You know these 2 are gonna be extremely good but will also have short peaks in their careers cuz their body won't be able to handle the stress their abilities give them.

cheke64 likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Didn't read and I'm just dicking around. I like Jabari the hut more actually

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope it's better than Melo, Penny or Grant Hill comes to mind in their history.

But it's a longer road ahead for certain.