1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Panthers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 24, 2019.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

"I held onto the ball too long." Deshaun Watson on the sack fumble late in the game. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) September 29, 2019

"The offensive line did a hell of a job. I have to hit my check downs." Deshaun Watson on the #Texans sacks today.

"I just have to hit them. The plays are there." Deshaun Watson the missed deep balls to DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller. #Texans

Watson: "Do you know what coverage they are playing?"

Silence.

"They are playing cover 4."
    #Texans

everyday eddie likes this.
  2. Texanstradamus

O’Brien the only coach that can have u hating him a week after a good showing .....and I’m stuck here wondering why is the offense so bad at home

BigShasta likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Deshaun Watson: 'I got to take my game to another level.'

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 29, 2019

Deshaun Watson on incompletions to Will Fuller and DeAndre Hopkins: 'Fuller, I thought I overthrew him. He said he could have had it, it kind of went off his fingertips. Hop, I just got to hit those. Those are two important ones'

Deshaun Watson: 'It's very frustrating. Any loss is very frustrating. We didn't capitalize on turnovers.'

Deshaun Watson on trick play and how it's supposed to work: 'Starting with the trick play, it was a play that we saw on film. The corner was going to run with the tight end across the field. I threw it to Hop and I peeked and the corner didn't move.'

Deshaun Watson cont. on the trick play: 'At that time, I tried to wave my hand, but Hop was looking over there and didn't see me. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. That's what we did in that situation. Give them credit for staying disciplined and not running with it.'

4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Too bad the owners are still happy because they're making money. If only they cared about how this team performed.

5. plee

plee Member

Actually, (screens) this has been true for many years, even before Bob. Kube would do a few but he didn't do too many...

Was at the game when there was no back formation, they would leave the middle open. I know it's not a good thing but a QB run would have gotten at least 5 easy yards. But the treat to run may have kept a LB there...

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

When compared to Rockets and Astros, the Texans are the lowest IQ FO in the city by a long shot. Simply put, Texans are a very dumb team when it comes to gameday, scouting, draft, trades, offseason, etc... every aspect seems low IQ when compared to their peers.

eric.81, Richie_Rich, hvic and 4 others like this.
  8. ipaman

How's the protection?

Nook, gfab-babyboi, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Will bounce back next week guaranteed. Kid is too good.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You make jokes, but this is EXACTLY what you want to see and hear. He know he had a bad game and wants to get that taste out of his mouth as soon as possible. Learn from it while it is fresh.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What do you do when you fall down

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. ipaman

Hopefully stop falling down, **** gets old and you 'aint a rook anymore.

Roc Paint likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-week-4-pff-refocused-carolina-panthers-16-houston-texans-10-2

HOUSTON TEXANS
    Deshaun Watson was off his game today, often holding the ball for too long and creating unnecessary pressure. He also overthrew a couple of deep passes which would have been touchdowns if he had connected. Late in the fourth quarter, he fumbled the football inside Houston territory which gave the game to the Panthers.

Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde were valuable assets to Watson in the receiving game, as they were often his outlet when nothing was open downfield or when he came under pressure. They were virtually the only offense the Texans put up, as the Panthers’ secondary kept DeAndre Hopkins & Co. at bay for the majority of the game.

J.J. Watt made an incredible individual play on a third-quarter sack of Kyle Allen where Watt knocked the ball out of the quarterback’s hands and then recovered the fumble himself.

Whitney Mercilus’ strip-sack was an example of the complementary relationship between inside and outside pass-rushers, as D.J. Reader’s bull-rush from the middle of the line flushed Allen out to a position where Mercilus could make the sack.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would hope so. Atlanta is at the bottom of their Division with only 1 win. Even the Titans and Colts beat them.

Fulgore likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

I love this QB.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Sure he will come back stronger. Great competitive mind!

Rudyc281 and deb4rockets like this.
  17. conquistador#11

Fix the batter's eye!
    or the sideline Depth Perception!

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Texanstradamus

Deshaun gotta get the bell out quicker the problem is I’m noticing that when he does get it out quicker it’s for no gain or minimum gain is he not seeing the underneath game or are the play long developing. I don’t understand why there isn’t anything uptempo either like O’Brien wants him to play

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I really feel for Deshaun. The spark is there; he's like a sapling just yearning for some high nutrient fluids to coarse through his veins. But instead Big Mr. Piggy McNair has given him the arsenic-laced Buttchin juice. Watson's just sitting there in the sunlight, beside all the other grass, turning all sorts of colors. Come on, Deshaun-sapling! You can get over this! One day the ownership and coaching might change! /sob

BamBam likes this.