1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Padres @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 27, 2007.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

So do you expect Towles to be their catcher next year since this looks like it for Asmus? Isn't he at Class AA?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You guys are right about Lee, I was just discussing the off season pitching acquisitions, I should have been more clear.

Pitching wins, always has, always will....and right now......ours is not good.

DD

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Yeah, it was extremely underwhelming I'll grant you that.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

i think (again: hope) that they're trying to find cheap fixes now to some of their problems so that they can spend their cash on a legit #2 starter (and maybe a #3) this winter. i suspect right now they're hot on the trail of a CF/lead-off hitter, which is why trading for them might be a little difficult as they have a very narrow need.

if were a betting man, my guess is that they consider burke (#2), berkman (#3), lee (#4), pence (#5) and wiggington (#6) somewhat set for next year and are trying to build around it.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

he is and no, not initially, at least though i hope they're open-minded about it. i think munson and quintero (or guiterrez - whichever one got hurt earlier this year) will be the catchers next year.

6. Major

Major Member

The only way you're going to make a trade to match the Rangers giving up Texiera is to trade Oswalt or Berkman. Not Lee. Not Lidge. Maybe Pence + other stuff. Not anyone else on the roster.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Salty is a year younger and already playing well in the majors. They're not on the same level.

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

that's an organizational approach; point is, towles has been every bit as productive in the minors as saltalamacchia was. i'd rather they focus their energy elsewhere.