1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Orioles @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Please limit talk in this thread to this series. Other topics should be discussed in the appropriate threads. Play-by-play is not allowed. If you need that, there are other places to find it. Political discussions belong in the D&D forum not in here. All games are broadcast on Space City Network unless otherwise noted.

6-21 Grayson Rodriguez (R) vs. Jake Bloss (R) 7:10

6-22 Corbin Burnes (R) vs. Ronel Blanco (R) 3:10

6-23 Albert Suárez (R) vs. Framber Valdez (L) 1:10

2. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

20240409_151610.jpg

Shock the world

Stephen66 and ROCKSS like this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

On paper looks to be a really tough series, no other honest way to look at it.

However it would be a real coup to get 2 of 3 here and finally break through that 5 games under glass ceiling we keep getting stuck at.

Brown really throwing Bloss right into the fire with this matchup. Have to think coaches believe he can take it mentally if it goes south.

4. Qan

Qan Member

5. solid

solid Member

Have the Astros turned a corner? We are about to find out.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Orioles are young and hungry

Astros are getting old and they aren’t hungry at all.

unfortunately this is probably not competitive

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I think our pitching could win us 2 out of 3 this series. Maybe we get good Framber this time. No idea how the Jake Bloss kid will do. I think either he does well with the element of surprise and not much tape on him yet against the Orioles, or he gets shelled tonight. I like our chances for 2 out of 3. A shame Tucker isn't back yet. Any word when he's coming back?

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

BIG DOGS GOTTA EAT WOOF WOOF WOOF! (Astros).

9. Nook

Nook Member

I think there is a real likelihood the Astros get swept.

The Astros can survive 1-2, especially if the M's lose one of their next 3.

The Orioles are the best team in baseball.

ROCKSS, Snake Diggit, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

I just hope we can take one game, but I am usually disappointed this season.

ROCKSS, Houstunna and Nook like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

The M's are playing Miami, Tampa and Minnesota coming up before they play the Orioles.

Really hoping the Marlins win at least one.

The Astros are almost at the point where they need to not only win, but the M's to have a slump.

8 backs - and could easily be 11 back by the beginning of next week.

By the same token, they win one in Baltimore - the M's lose one, and they are only 9 back going into the easier part of the schedule.

Brown said they need to be 5 back by the end of July - I think they really need to try and get it under 5 before then. Having it down under 5 is big psychologically - but right now, they need to first get over .500%.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. Radricky

Radricky Member

This is going to be a blood bath

IBTL and htownrox1 like this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Astros are not old, and it's doubtful hunger is an issue.

Bregman is playing for a contract, he's just off to slower start than usual. Singleton wants money, he's just probably a AAAA player.

If anything, the Astros might be too young. The Game 1 starter is making his major league debut. The team is littered with young players (guys with <4 years experience) and/or prime players.

The main issues now are injuries, underperfomanace in general (leadership could a factor) and figuring out 1B.

That being said, I'm really hoping to just avoid getting swept. Baltimore is awesome.

#13 Houstunna, Jun 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    Stephen66, Justin Thomas and Radricky like this.
  14. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Defining series of June. Getting swept by the Royals and Mariners felt like defining moments in April and May. They are 10-7 this month, getting swept here would put them right at .500 for June and be absolutely devastating and probably destroy what little mojo this team has left; on the other hand, sweeping one of the best teams in the league at such a critical time could be a levee breaker and prime the pump for a run that would make all things right again. Somewhere in between just kicks the can and puts more pressure on them over the next 3-4 weeks.

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This is one of those series where I think I’m gonna watch from afar. Gonna enjoy the weekend while occasionally checking in. I’m fully preparing for us to get curb stomped.

I can’t take much more of tuning in for 3 hours just to have my blood pressure raised and a portion of my day ruined.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Brother Radricky, where is the faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus H. Christ?

17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

We are starting a Double A pitcher tonight so I dont have any expectations for tonight's game and then I can see us splitting the next 2 to go 1-2. Our bullpen could get taxed if the new kid cant go 5-6.....................I will say this though, if we come out and sweep or take 2-3 I will look at the as a success.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i fear for astros pitchers.

orioles made the yankees look like a AAA team. can't imagine the beatdown they'll give the astros.

19. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Member

Watch with zero expectations and you’ll be “a little less” disappointed…

20. Radricky

Radricky Member

I didn’t say a blood bath for the Astros :)